Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy's Blindside
Is well protected:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/21/10-best-sack-less-streaks-at-every-o-line-position/

Active streak without allowing a sack:

Quote:Left tackles

Rank Left tackle Team Snaps without allowing sack
1. Andrew Whitworth CIN 819
2. D’Brickashaw Ferguson NYJ 563
3. William Beatty NYG 362

Left guard

Rank Left guard Team Snaps without allowing sack
1. Clint Boling CIN 360
2. Allen Barbre PHI 302
3. Matt Slauson CHI 302

Andre sets at 6th for RTs

Whit's current streak is 3rd All-Time (2007)  for a LT; I didn't find that too surprising. What I found very surprising is when I clicked on All-Time record for RG:
Quote:Rank Right guard Team Snaps without allowing a sack Snapped
1. Mike Pollak CIN 1143 Dormant
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 07:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is well protected:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/21/10-best-sack-less-streaks-at-every-o-line-position/

Whit's current streak is 3rd All-Time (2007)  for a LT; I didn't find that too surprising. What I found very surprising is when I clicked on All-Time record for RG:

Im thought you said Andy's BACKSIDE LOL  The Bengal locker-room video made it on the Kelly Factor last night.
Reply/Quote
Whitworth is the HoFer that will never make the HoF.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 09:14 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Whitworth is the HoFer that will never make the HoF.

If the guys can win a superbowl it would definitely help his case. The stats prove he is HoF material, he just needs a ring.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 09:14 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Whitworth is the HoFer that will never make the HoF.

If Whit gets a ring it would increase his chances quite a bit. Not sure if it would put him over the hump though ?
Reply/Quote
Probably wouldn't, but at least we have Munoz.

Thanks to Ryan Clady's existence, Whitworth has made 3 less pro-bowls than he should have, not to mention that he's been snubbed for AP twice, due to Joe Thomas' overrated existence.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I wonder how much having a QB who averages 2.2 seconds from snap to release helps?

Either way the line is killing it this year, as Andy has had time to let deeper plays develop.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 11:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: I wonder how much having a QB who averages 2.2 seconds from snap to release helps?

Either way the line is killing it this year, as Andy has had time to let deeper plays develop.

It has to help a lot. Right? Isn't he second only to Brady in terms of that stat?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 01:34 AM)Utts Wrote: It has to help a lot. Right? Isn't he second only to Brady in terms of that stat?

Of course it helps. There's really no denying that. Whit is still a beast though, obviously, but I think the quick releases have made some of our lesser linemen look better than they really are. Heck, if Pollak has the best recorded streak at guard, that should tell us something. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 01:34 AM)Utts Wrote: It has to help a lot. Right? Isn't he second only to Brady in terms of that stat?

It does help i think in terms of the next play that the opposing D coordinator calls the next play. the best part isn't that he's getting the ball out so quick as it is to how smart andy has been pre-snap. he's reading and anticipating, hue has been genius giving him moving formations that the defense has to adjust to only seconds before the snap. andy has become a straight field general. whether he has a shit game at this point is now irrelevant. he's across the hump now and with a head coach as his coordinator.
Reply/Quote
Whit does not get nearly the accolades he should. Not only is he the THE best LT in football today but he's a class act as well. And we can't forget those buns of steel!!!!

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 11:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: I wonder how much having a QB who averages 2.2 seconds from snap to release helps?

This. Whit has been a beast (and Boling is crazy underrated, that contract he got will end up being a steal) but Dalton has pretty consistently gotten rid of the ball very quickly. Never see that mentioned a lot when people are trying to take credit away from him. Mention how good the line is at protecting him, but not how good he is at checking the blitz, assigning protection, and then getting rid of the ball quickly.

- - -
Shame that Whit will never have a chance for the HoF. He has the talent for it, but somehow the guy's only been a Pro Bowler once and a 2nd Team All-Pro once. Gotta have those awards/hardware if you want in even if the Pro Bowl is a joke now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The quick release has masked some issues but I would say those issues have never been from Whit. In particular it has made Andre Smith and Clint Boling look better and also helped our "Centers". Fortunately this year Boling seems to have reduced the mental errors which were his problem.
Reply/Quote

Not that much.

I would agree with you if Andy was just getting rid of the ball a second before getting hit, or if he was throwing a lot of balls away just to avoid sacks, but those things are not happening very often.  And if you have a link to that list of QB release times I'll bet Andy doesn't get rid of it more than a second quicker than most other QBs in the league.

His quick release does help some.  And Dalton is definitely not one of those QBs who hold onto the ball too long when he shouldn't.  But overall his quick release is far from the main reason he is not getting sacked or pressured very much this year.   He is getting good blocking.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 07:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is well protected:

Whitworth needs 80 more 899 to break the best streak since pff has been tracking it... (whitworth is the kinda guy that needs a statue lol a guardian of the stadium after he retires)

Also Clint Boiling is over 300 right now as well...
Reply/Quote