Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy's Contract Incentives
(12-14-2015, 05:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If he misses the last 3 games then he will only play around 76% of the snaps. He will have played in 13 of the 17 games. He will miss out on the bonus. 

This is my math as well. If he had played the whole game, he would have gotten to 81.25%.

Can anyone confirm that? That really sucks for him.

edit- saw showme's post after this one so not sure now
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 05:41 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Why would you trade McCarron?  He is a very cost efficient backup and the odds are that at some point in Dalton's career, the backup is going to need to play again.

If some team comes knocking with a great offer for a backup QB, then we'd be foolish to not give it some thought.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 05:58 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If some team comes knocking with a great offer for a backup QB, then we'd be foolish to not give it some thought.

I personally don't see the front office doing it.  I also don't see the Bengals winning the Super Bowl with McCarron at quarterback.  We all have to hope that McCarron can keep it steady into the playoffs and then Dalton is able to come back.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 06:05 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I personally don't see the front office doing it.  I also don't see the Bengals winning the Super Bowl with McCarron at quarterback.  We all have to hope that McCarron can keep it steady into the playoffs and then Dalton is able to come back.

If someone offered up a 1st rounder, and possibly more, for AJ, then I'd pull the trigger. It's not like Andy is injury prone.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 06:07 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If someone offered up a 1st rounder, and possibly more, for AJ, then I'd pull the trigger. It's not like Andy is injury prone.

The trade deadline passed a long time ago so no team can make a trade right now
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 06:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The trade deadline passed a long time ago so no team can make a trade right now

I know that. I'm talking about the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 06:05 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I personally don't see the front office doing it.  I also don't see the Bengals winning the Super Bowl with McCarron at quarterback.  We all have to hope that McCarron can keep it steady into the playoffs and then Dalton is able to come back.

A playoff win would still be a step up.

I wouldn't rush Dalton back in the line up on a gimpy throwing hand if McCarron is playing well enough to win. Of course, that's a substantially sized if. We don't know how McCarron will actually play or if we'll win another game this season. We should make the playoffs, but we haven't clinched yet.

Reply/Quote