Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy top 5 qb of all time?
If you look at his stats the argument can be made he has 18,008 passing yards 62.3 percent completion 233 yards per game... To put that in perspective tom Brady had in his first 5 seasons 18,029 passing yards with a 63 percent completion rate
Reply/Quote
If he
continues where he left off last season
remains consistent throughout a LONG Career
Wins 2+ SuperBowls

Maybe

Reply/Quote
Agreed. If he can win 2 to 3 super bowls and continues production similar to last year for, say, 8 more years. Yea, I think that would put him in that range.
Reply/Quote
I do not think he needs to win a Super Bowl remember Peyton manning was regarded as a top 5 qb of all time before he won the 2 Super Bowls I think if he just makes a super bowl or 2 he should be in the convo for at least top 10
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 08:02 AM)Jpoore Wrote: If you look at his stats the argument can be made he has 18,008 passing yards 62.3 percent completion 233 yards per game... To put that in perspective tom Brady had in his first 5 seasons 18,029 passing yards with a 63 percent completion rate

lol...this is not a serious question is it?
You do realize that in 2000...Brady's 1st season...he played in 1 game and had 3 attempt right? Come on man!

In those 4 (not 5) seasons he was 9-0 in the playoffs 3 SB rings. In those 9 playoff appearances he had 11 Td's and 3 int's.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 08:42 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: lol...this is not a serious question is it?
You do realize that in 2000...Brady's 1st season...he played in 1 game and had 3 attempt right? Come on man!

I did not include that season I included his first full season
Reply/Quote
Quick.

Which name doesn't belong?

Montana
Elway
Unitas
Marino
Brady
Dalton
Manning
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Umm NO

Like others have said if he continues playing like he did before the injury last season for several more years. Makes several deep playoff runs, wins a couple Super Bowls, has the good stats then yes I could see him in the top QB convo.

He'd really have to get on fire to be in the top 5 convo. Not saying he can't, just saying.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You asked about the wrong QB. If you had said McCarron, the answers would have been way different.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 08:02 AM)Jpoore Wrote: If you look at his stats the argument can be made he has 18,008 passing yards 62.3 percent completion 233 yards per game... To put that in perspective tom Brady had in his first 5 seasons 18,029 passing yards with a 63 percent completion rate

Not yet... But he should have plenty of time to get there if he keeps playing the way he has and improves in the post season
Reply/Quote
Maybe for the bengals. Not even top 20 for NFL.
Reply/Quote
No
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Top 5 of all time? Why stop at "if he can win 3 SBs" and just toss "if he can win 5 SBs" in there and make him the best ever?
Reply/Quote
Plenty of great athletes never get the big prize of winning the title for whatever sport they play in and even more so so players play for teams that do win it all. Being a team sport where there are always 22 players on the field on every play it's really unfair to say any one player is the greatest or least great and greatness is all to often extremely subjective and a matter of opinion. As the saying goes, Opinions are like rectums*. Everyone has one and everyone's stinks.

*Terminology sanitized for your protection
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 08:42 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: lol...this is not a serious question is it?

In those 4 (not 5) seasons he was 9-0 in the playoffs 3 SB rings. In those 9 playoff appearances he had 11 Td's and 3 int's.

I'm talking about stat wise obviously Brady has way more rings playoff wins etc... I'm talking about just numbers passing yards that kind of stuff just looking at that I can make that argument if he play for another 10 years on this kind of tear
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 10:07 AM)jason Wrote: Quick.

Which name doesn't belong?

Montana
Elway
Unitas
Marino
Brady
Dalton
Manning

Unitas. He's way older than the other guys.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 07:30 PM)Vanilla Heat Wrote: Unitas. He's way older than the other guys.

You are correct.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
10 years later we might just know.  It's promising that Dalton has a shot at this point.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 07:11 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I'm talking about stat wise obviously Brady has way more rings playoff wins etc... I'm talking about just numbers passing yards that kind of stuff just looking at that I can make that argument if he play for another 10 years on this kind of tear

The way the NFL has been going, QBs are going to be throwing for 5,000 yards in their sleep by the time Dalton retires.
Reply/Quote