Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy top 5 qb of all time?
(07-11-2016, 05:32 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The 4th quarter comeback franchise record his rookie year is big too. Those kind of stats don't get inflated as the years go on, but I do mostly agree with you about the other franchise records. They're still pretty impressive to me though. Considering Dalton broke them only a few years after Palmer left.

Right, they're cool but you have to explain why it isn't simply the game itself breaking the records, at times.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 08:02 AM)Jpoore Wrote: If you look at his stats the argument can be made he has 18,008 passing yards 62.3 percent completion 233 yards per game... To put that in perspective tom Brady had in his first 5 seasons 18,029 passing yards with a 63 percent completion rate

What drugs you are taking should be kept to yourself. The rest of society is having a hard enough coping with reality that they don't need what you are taking.

(07-08-2016, 07:11 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I'm talking about stat wise obviously Brady has way more rings playoff wins etc... I'm talking about just numbers passing yards that kind of stuff just looking at that I can make that argument if he play for another 10 years on this kind of tear

Yep, Brady has way more of the stuff that counts the most. Dalton has like 0 of any of those, like goose eggs all around. And don't forget Dalton's all time NFL worst playoff record while you're at it.

Where's the neg reg when you really need it?

Reply/Quote
[quote='BengalChris' pid='235746' dateline='1468290113']

What drugs you are taking should be kept to yourself. The rest of society is having a hard enough coping with reality that they don't need what you are taking.

Yep, Brady has way more of the stuff that counts the most. Dalton has like 0 of any of those, like goose eggs all around. And don't forget Dalton's all time NFL worst playoff record while you're at it.

Where's the neg reg when you really need it?
[/quote
I never said that dalton had the alcolades that Brady hadbut at the same time he has one of the mt. Rushmore of coaches at his disposal and Andy dalton has as many yards as dalton and about the same completion percentage so like I said STAT WISE the argument could be made and if he wins 3 super bowls I could easily make the argument that he's a top 5 qb all around and I believe they will make at least 13 straight playoff appearances with the insanly talented team that they will have for the next 5 years at least
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 06:21 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I never said that dalton had the alcolades that Brady hadbut at the same time he has one of the mt. Rushmore of coaches at his disposal and Andy dalton has as many yards as dalton and about the same completion percentage so like I said STAT WISE the argument could be made and if he wins 3 super bowls I could easily make the argument that he's a top 5 qb all around and I believe they will make at least 13 straight playoff appearances with the insanly talented team that they will have for the next 5 years at least

There's so much more to being an NFL QB than yards, and given the changes in NFL rules, which boost the passing game, it's hard to imagine how your conclusion could be arrived at. And, Marvin Lewis is so far from a Mt Rushmore coach that a rocket couldn't get him there.

Now, if your memory only extended back one year, then I could understand your post. Even arguing that Dalton is a top 5 current QB is going to be met with skepticism, if not laughter.

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 08:07 AM)BengalChris Wrote: There's so much more to being an NFL QB than yards, and given the changes in NFL rules, which boost the passing game, it's hard to imagine how your conclusion could be arrived at. And, Marvin Lewis is so far from a Mt Rushmore coach that a rocket couldn't get him there.

Now, if your memory only extended back one year, then I could understand your post. Even arguing that Dalton is a top 5 current QB is going to be met with skepticism, if not laughter.
Sorry I was talking about belichick as a mt. Rushmore of coaches and so ur telling me that if dalton passes for 75,000 yards and wins let's say 2 superbowls, he's not in that discussion? THAT is insane my friend I mean he has already passed for 124 tds I rest my case that if he continues on this path he will be a top 5-10 qb of all time he and manning and Brady numbers are almost identical through the first 5 years
Reply/Quote

[Image: And+one+more+airplane+gif+because+i+love...f0eb0b.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2016, 08:02 AM)Jpoore Wrote: If you look at his stats the argument can be made he has 18,008 passing yards 62.3 percent completion 233 yards per game... To put that in perspective tom Brady had in his first 5 seasons 18,029 passing yards with a 63 percent completion rate

I think it comes down to playoffs for him and a lot of guys. If he continues to play consistently like this past year into the forseeable future than he could garner HOF attention, if he wins in the playoffs than the he should garner HOF attention, if he goes to a SB than he is a lock in my opinion. Now if he wins a couple of SB's than he should be mentioned as one of the greats for our generation. He's still got a lot of football left in him and room to grow and improve. I personally when it's all said and done hope he brings us a few Lombardi's and gets in the HOF.
Reply/Quote