Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angry John Harbaugh scolds reporter during awkward halftime interview
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/john-harbaugh-ravens-fight-reporter-halftime-interview

Quote:The Ravens and Redskins came to blows Saturday night following a dirty tackle by Washington linebacker Keenan Robinson, prompting Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh to run across the field and shout at Jay Gruden.

Comcast SportsNet’s Brent Harris was tasked with trying to interview Harbaugh as he walked to the locker room for halftime, and the coach had little patience for typical halftime interview questions. Harris asked about the incident in the first quarter, which resulted in Steve Smith being ejected and spending the rest of the game with his son, but Harbaugh refused to address the fight.

Coach what was your perspective on Steve Smith getting ejected? It looked like you and coach Gruden may have had words there?

I have nothing to say about that Brent. You want to talk football? I’d be happy to talk football with you.

End of the half, missed opportunities do you feel?

Well you don’t want to fumble the ball.

What about the two-minute defense, giving up the touchdown at the end?

Uh, we don’t want to give up touchdowns at two minutes at the end. Give me a good question and I’ll answer it.

(Thanks to The Big Lead for sharing this video.)

Clearly it was legal as there was no flag. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
That was a rough "tackle", but I don't think Robinson was intentionally trying to harm him. I think he is just stupid.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: headtackle.0.gif]

Reply/Quote
To me his intent was not to pile drive his head, but to pick him up so he couldn't pull free.  While it was definitely risky, it wasn't illegal either.  Dude just needs to be taught how to roll his whole body at that point.
Reply/Quote
Apparently Robinson attended Suggs' offseason program.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 03:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: headtackle.0.gif]
It looks really bad in this GIF.  Like he's riding and piledriving. 

Not sure in realtime if he was trying to slow the WR from getting 1st down and was pulled as the receiver was trying to get that extra yardage though.

That's the tricky thing with watching plays at different speeds.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Yeah he may have been trying to pull him back from the first down, but in that clip it looks like he is trying to drive his head through the turf.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It looks really bad in this GIF.  Like he's riding and piledriving. 

Not sure in realtime if he was trying to slow the WR from getting 1st down and was pulled as the receiver was trying to get that extra yardage though.

In real time, you still see him jump with him, which seems odd, but as I said, I don't think it was his intent. He just got carried away with trying to stop him from getting the first.

Reply/Quote
That tackle looked rough. Back to Harbs acting like a total doosh during that interview. The dude was just trying to do his job and ask you some valid questions, no need to act like a huge baby and take you're game frustrations out on him. That was straight up bush league.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 08:17 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: That tackle looked rough. Back to Harbs acting like a total doosh during that interview. The dude was just trying to do his job and ask you some valid questions, no need to act like a huge baby and take you're  game frustrations out on him.  That was straight up bush league.

No that's just the way Harbawler is.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 08:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: No that's just the way Harbawler is.

Smirk

Harbage.... straight up Harbage...
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It looks really bad in this GIF.  Like he's riding and piledriving. 

My first thought was "Surprise! Butt sex!"

My second was, "Wow, bad tackle."

My third: "Steve smith should play soccer."

That was an awesome flop. It looks like Robinson was grabbing on trying to pull him back. Smith reacts by coming back and trying to dive and flip the guy off with his legs. 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 01:35 PM)Benton Wrote: My first thought was "Surprise! Butt sex!"

My second was, "Wow, bad tackle."

My third: "Steve smith should play soccer."

That was an awesome flop. It looks like Robinson was grabbing on trying to pull him back. Smith reacts by coming back and trying to dive and flip the guy off with his legs. 

That was J Butler NOT S Smith. ThumbsUp
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 01:58 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: That was J Butler NOT S Smith.  ThumbsUp

:blush:
Reply/Quote
One of his players doing something during the first quarter of the game doesn't count as a football question? Interesting.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 08:17 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: That tackle looked rough. Back to Harbs acting like a total doosh during that interview. The dude was just trying to do his job and ask you some valid questions, no need to act like a huge baby and take you're  game frustrations out on him.  That was straight up bush league.

wait a sec, you want a harbaugh NOT to act like a knobjob?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 01:49 PM)Griever Wrote: wait a sec, you want a harbaugh NOT to act like a knobjob?

Easier to ask water to not be wet.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 01:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Easier to ask water to not be wet.

hell you would be better off getting a compliment from chef ramsay
Reply/Quote
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote