Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angry Run
Each week Good Morning Football does a segment where they award a "scepter"  to the player who has the "angriest" run of the week.

This week's winner:

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I immediately wondered if he’d win that after that run.
Reply/Quote
Yeah that was the run that told everyone the runs in the first half worked
Reply/Quote
I'd really rather Joe not plow directly into the back of the one guy who makes the passing offense not look terrible. Do that to the Raiders LB instead.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nothing says angry like forearming a blocker AND his man outta your way...lol. I'd say that's a well deserved scepter.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It was an angry run by Joe for sure, good thing Ja'Marr didn't get hurt on that one lol
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 03:24 PM)pally Wrote:

I like that guy lol
Reply/Quote
The scepter goes perfectly with the "Rule the Jungle" theme. I'd imagine he'll be sitting on the throne when it's awarded.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like that guy lol

I mean this as a compliment to Brandt as a broadcaster but you have to have a certain amount of stupid in you to pull off what he does. I'm not talking about lack of intelligence. Jim Day has some of that stupid in him, too but not to this extent. You have to be able to do corny things that regular people wouldn't do because they would say "Nah, I don't want to look stupid". He says, "**** it! Let's try it and see how it goes!" When he and Shrager(sp?) do the Wall Street skit on the street, he's not far off from this Angry Run character and generally pretty entertaining.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 01:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Each week Good Morning Football does a segment where they award a "scepter"  to the player who has the "angriest" run of the week.

This week's winner:

Love it!  I was all over this one.  Glad it happened!  Next week there will be a pic or short video of Joe with the scepter.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 04:01 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I mean this as a compliment to Brandt as a broadcaster but you have to have a certain amount of stupid in you to pull off what he does. I'm not talking about lack of intelligence. Jim Day has some of that stupid in him, too but not to this extent. You have to be able to do corny things that regular people wouldn't do because they would say "Nah, I don't want to look stupid". He says, "**** it! Let's try it and see how it goes!" When he and Shrager(sp?) do the Wall Street skit on the street, he's not far off from this Angry Run character and generally pretty entertaining.

Ever seen the rap he and Shrags did on the streets of New York?  Absolutely hilarious.  I miss Nate, but I love this show.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 04:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ever seen the rap he and Shrags did on the streets of New York?  Absolutely hilarious.  I miss Nate, but I love this show.  

Think this is one of the most consistent best football talk show. It’s not super controversial takes, and they all are just excited for football. It helps they are all usually pretty supportive of the Bengals, but Brandt, Shrags, and Kay are all really good together. Nate was great too, but I like when O’hara is in there. I struggle with ESPN shows because they all are hot take shows and just do it for views. GMFB seems just about football and enjoyment.
Reply/Quote
Good Morning Football is a great show.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Tiger

If Zac would just give this man 25 touches a game and stop the WR sweeps on 3rd and a french fry! This is a bell cow RB that you can ride deep into January.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 02:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'd really rather Joe not plow directly into the back of the one guy who makes the passing offense not look terrible. Do that to the Raiders LB instead.

You are taught to run into the back of your blocker. It causes the defenders to choose to go underneath the block... or pull up over the top and wait for your cut to happen. Thus, you gain a few more yards.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 04:01 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I mean this as a compliment to Brandt as a broadcaster but you have to have a certain amount of stupid in you to pull off what he does. I'm not talking about lack of intelligence. Jim Day has some of that stupid in him, too but not to this extent. You have to be able to do corny things that regular people wouldn't do because they would say "Nah, I don't want to look stupid". He says, "**** it! Let's try it and see how it goes!" When he and Shrager(sp?) do the Wall Street skit on the street, he's not far off from this Angry Run character and generally pretty entertaining.

Wall Streeters is hilarious. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 05:25 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

If Zac would just give this man 25 touches a game and stop the WR sweeps on 3rd and a french fry! This is a bell cow RB that you can ride deep into January.

Obviously you have not seen all the times Mixon has gotten the ball on short yardage situations this year.
Reply/Quote
I LOVE that they mention Skyline Chili in the description!

Hilarious

I also love that Mixon's finally getting some attention and that we're being mentioned in something physical because it's getting cold around here, so we'll have to establish the run and impose our wills on teams!

I also love it because that has to inspire the line to want to block for a guy that's doing that!
Reply/Quote

Yeah, he is funny without annoying you. Tough to do now a days.
Reply/Quote