Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ann Coulter Congratulates Super Bowl-Winning QB For Being a Christian, Gets Mocked on
http://www.newsweek.com/ann-coulter-congratulates-eagles-qb-religion-799579

Hmmmm. Apparently, having a Christian Quarterback means you'll win the Super Bowl. Has she never heard of Andy Dalton and his Alma Mater TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERISTY?!!

BTW - F Ann Coulter and everyone who looks like Ann Coulter.
(02-08-2018, 11:09 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: http://www.newsweek.com/ann-coulter-congratulates-eagles-qb-religion-799579

Hmmmm. Apparently, having a Christian Quarterback means you'll win the Super Bowl. Has she never heard of Andy Dalton and his Alma Mater TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERISTY?!!

Man, we as a society have officially lost touch. 

Are we so in need to quench our thirst for criticism that we are getting on a guy for giving glory to God after performing well in a football game? What exactly is wrong with that?

He believes in God and thanked him and gave him glory for his God given talents and success. He has a platform to do it. Stop being so petty and stop trying to find ANYTHING to complain about. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Seth Mandel

@SethAMandel
Finally! After all those years of Jewish quarterback dominance!

11:22 PM - Feb 4, 2018
11.5K people are talking about this
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

(02-08-2018, 11:09 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: http://www.newsweek.com/ann-coulter-congratulates-eagles-qb-religion-799579

Did not read anything that said this from anyone ? 

Nor do I see anything wrong with what Foles said. 

Glad he did not cower down to NFL and some public opinion and just spoke from his heart. 

Did not hear him criticize anybody to draw it upon himself either. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
But now that it is brought up.

Bet there are way more Christian QB's that have won SB than atheist or all other religions combined.

So maybe you are on to something.

Roam the Jungle !
(02-08-2018, 12:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: But now that it is brought up.

Bet there are way more Christian QB's that have won SB than atheist or all other religions combined.

So maybe you are on to something.

Good things usually happen to good people, Christian or not. 

In my opinion, that is not a coincidence. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(02-08-2018, 12:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Good things usually happen to good people, Christian or not personally.

In my opinion, that is not a coincidence. 

Can not say if Foles is a good person or not. 

Assume he is. But in sports have definitely seen some not so good people win championships. 

Cheaters as well. 

But agree with this statement in general. 

Roam the Jungle !

don't see why it matters to anyone what religious preference an athlete has.

Athletes Get their Skill from hard work and practice over many repetitions.  They should thank themselves for being dedicated to their craft and making sacrifices to get what they want.
I've never heard a celebrity thank god ever before after winning something.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

George Carlin:

Quote:And what can we do to silence these Christian athletes who thank Jesus whenever they win, never mention his name when they lose? Not a word. You never hear them say "Jesus made me drop the ball." "The good Lord tripped me up behind the line of scrimmage." According to these guys, Jesus is undefeated, meanwhile these ******** are in last place. Must be another one of those "miracles."

@ 9:39 NSFW

Makes the same point.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-08-2018, 09:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I've never heard a celebrity thank god ever before after winning something.

????

As to the OP: No need to bring physical appearance into the discussion.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-08-2018, 10:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ????

As to the OP: No need to bring physical appearance into the discussion.

Her apparent shock that athletes were thanking god and it was being televised. It's almost like she has never actually watched a major event like this before and the subsequent interviews. 

I think Ray Lewis basically prostrated after every playoff win on the SB run. 

(02-08-2018, 11:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Her apparent shock that athletes were thanking god and it was being televised. It's almost like she has never actually watched a major event like this before and the subsequent interviews. 

I think Ray Lewis basically prostrated after every playoff win on the SB run. 

I guess I didn't see the "shock", it seemed more like applause. 

(02-08-2018, 11:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I guess I didn't see the "shock", it seemed more like applause. 

lol, who is trying to hide people thanking Jesus on TV? Like I've said, it's like she's never seen a major sports game televised before. 

(02-09-2018, 12:01 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote:
lol, who is trying to hide people thanking Jesus on TV? Like I've said, it's like she's never seen a major sports game televised before. 

Guess we just see things differently; as I still do not see shock. 

(02-09-2018, 12:01 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote:

But they did let us hear it.  He said it, the QB said it, a lot of other players said it. It was broadcast LIVE right after the SB.

This is a typical conservative play:  "The mainstream media isn't covering this!!!"  "You'll never see THIS on the LIBERAL media!!"  etc...

It plays to the "us vs them" that conservatives rely on to rile the base.  A base made up of mostly white christians who they need to make feel oppressed by a society that they essentially control.

And rubes fall for it and get all fired up.

And then they send money.   Smirk
(02-09-2018, 09:57 AM)GMDino Wrote: But they did let us hear it.  He said it, the QB said it, a lot of other players said it.  It was broadcast LIVE right after the SB.

This is a typical conservative play:  "The mainstream media isn't covering this!!!"  "You'll never see THIS on the LIBERAL media!!"  etc...

It plays to the "us vs them" that conservatives rely on to rile the base.  A base made up of mostly white christians who they need to make feel oppressed by a society that they essentially control.

And rubes fall for it and get all fired up.

And then they send money.   Smirk

This conservative radio host I am facebook friends with does that all the time. "CNN won't cover this". I'll respond with a link, "Yea, they did 4 hours ago". 

(02-09-2018, 10:03 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This conservative radio host I am facebook friends with does that all the time. "CNN won't cover this". I'll respond with a link, "Yea, they did 4 hours ago". 

There, FOX, on this board...happens all the time.

Meanwhile FOX literally won't talk about some things for their entire primetime talking head line up if it might be damaging to a republican.

And the fact that otherwise bright people fall for such an easy diversion is sad and scary.
I have no problem with Foles or any other athlete giving the glory to their God.

I do have a problem with a political analyst making a big deal out of it and making completely false claims about the media trying to silence them.
(02-09-2018, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have no problem with Foles or any other athlete giving the glory to their God.

I do have a problem with a political analyst making a big deal out of it and making completely false claims about the media trying to silence them.

These guys are praying for you Fred.  Someday athletes will be able to pray wherever they want.

[Image: tebow-praying-circle-seahawks.jpg?w=512&h=306]