Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Bengal legend wants Burrow
(12-16-2019, 02:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Burrow is a must unless they get offered a stupid trade.

Like the first overall draft pick for a truckload of Prussian Francs?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 03:17 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Like the first overall draft pick for a truckload of Prussian Francs?

...or maybe an owner will offer Mike Brown ten picks, not just nine, for the first round selection. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 03:14 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Finley is far, far worse.

According to what?

They played 2 common opponents this year (Baltimore/Pittsburgh). Against those 2 opponents Andy had an average passer rating of 59.4 and Ryan had a rating of 75.5.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I'm going to wait until I see Joe Burrow in the playoffs against Oklahoma and anyone else LSU gets to play to firm up my draft preference.  If he turns into Andy 2.0 in the playoffs it might be wise to look elsewhere.

Honestly wouldn't hold it against him if he has a bad game.  Heisman Trophy Winners usually struggle in there bowl games. You're talking about a 3 to 4 week layoff there.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
With how much Burrow has put on tape against top 10 opponents this year, even if he has a bad game or two in the CFP, it wouldn't change my evaluation of him. Unless he god forbid suffers a catastrophic injury, there's no way I'm not taking him with the #1 pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: Poor Joe Burrow....lol.

Agreed, that's the pick they have to make. They need to get their thumbs out of their asses in FA.

Taylor gets to coach him and Mike Brown gets to decide who's blocking for him.

Disaster in the making.

Reply/Quote
Have to go Burrow.
Reply/Quote
At this point, any Marvin player that isn't producing... (like Andy), needs to go.
Reply/Quote
I didn’t want a QB but I reluctantly agree with all that Andy Dalton has seen his better days. QB is a need and Burrows is the man. Fix the line Mikey so Burrows doesn’t become another Klingler or Akili

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:16 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: For those of you who have watched a lot of Burrow, how would you rate his accuracy on throws 25+ yards downfield?  Don't give me stats either.   Just tell me if he often places the ball where the receiver can continue in stride while the ball arrives.   The completion percentage only tells you if a ball is caught, but it doesn't tell you if the receiver had to wait on it or otherwise alter his route.

I have not watched a lot of him but I have only saw one under throw but it wasn't egregious.  His ball placement is amazing for all of his throws.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I want them to draft Burrow so I can re-purpose my Carson Palmer jersey
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 03:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...or maybe an owner will offer Mike Brown ten picks, not just nine, for the first round selection. Hilarious

All joking aside, having that many draft picks would probably scare off Mike Brown because it would be way too much work to actually make all those picks on draft day.  

(12-17-2019, 12:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I want them to draft Burrow so I can re-purpose my Carson Palmer jersey

You mean you didn't re-purpose it into a Jon Skelton jersey already?
[Image: 220px-John_Skelton_%28American_football%29_2013.jpg]

This also makes me think that somewhere out there there must be an unsold crate of Ochocinco jerseys with a BINNS nameplate quickly stitched on them.
Reply/Quote
We're gonna find some way to **** this up.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 01:00 AM)Big Boss Wrote: We're gonna find some way to **** this up.

That’s the spirit!

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: Poor Joe Burrow....lol.

Agreed, that's the pick they have to make. They need to get their thumbs out of their asses in FA.

Yup

I want Burrow bad, he's just the only pick they can make that makes sense for them. I just pray someone can talk some sense into MB, finally. After watching the last two QB's be wasted by being cheap on the Oline as well as nickel and diming other parts to. He figures out he has to get a couple real free agents in here, if not more.

I just can't imagine watching another good QB being wasted while MB is shopping at Big Lots.
Reply/Quote
Not sure I want a QB that looks like Jim Breuer from Half Baked.

[Image: DmJBRUrVsAEx-NB.jpg]

/sarcasm
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 02:10 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not sure I want a QB that looks like Jim Breuer from Half Baked.

[Image: DmJBRUrVsAEx-NB.jpg]

/sarcasm

Better than having one that looks like the bully from A Christmas Story... Tongue

[Image: CT-28nuUYAANTcU.jpg]

Reply/Quote
C'mon..they should go with a previously thought to be undraftable player just to show they can do it and to finally give the bengals faithful a good reason to no longer give one rats turd what they do.. How do you spell "Completely Empty Stadium" on opening day? MIKE BROWN!  Nervous
Mike Brown should write his memoirs titled, "How to get filthy rich by doing everything humanly possible to not be filthy rich!" .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:38 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If this organization has decided that they want Burrow, then there's absolutely no reason to play Dalton on Sunday - especially coming off of yet another 4 INT performance.  I know Mike Brown hates losing to Cleveland, so you figure they'll try to win that game.  Which means they MUST lose next week to ensure the first overall pick.

Start Finley.  Start Dolegala.  Hell, throw Kevin Huber in there at QB.

I feel as though the only way that we as fans will ever "get our money's worth" from the signing will be if BW Webb steps up to the plate and plays the role of an option QB in the final two games.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 01:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s the spirit!

Deep down you know that Mike Brown is fully capable of blowing this.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote