Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Another Court Gags Trump
Can you imagine a normal person. Given a gag order. And then going after the Judge’s family the next day? I imagine they would be in jail.

His ass should be in jail. But thanks to our broken justice system the wealthy well connected get to play by a different set of rules.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 06:25 PM)pally Wrote: so you believe that Clarence Thomas should resign immediately from the SCOTUS due to his wife's politics?  and Pat DeWine should resign from Ohio's Supreme Court because of his father?  Because those are 2 judges that truly have ethical issues.  

A parent ceases to be responsible for their child's actions when that child becomes an adult.  And parents make decisions every day independently of their children's opinions.  

Its only an issue because Trump can't control himself.  

It's also bitterly amusing because even Trump himself has at least one immediate family member who says he's troublingly unethical.  Trump says he did nothing wrong, but he has a sister who is anti-Trump, so he's too biased to weigh in on this.  Dude can't even get out of his own family tree before he runs into anti-Trump bias. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 06:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's also bitterly amusing because even Trump himself has at least one immediate family member who says he's troublingly unethical.  Trump says he did nothing wrong, but he has a sister who is anti-Trump, so he's too biased to weigh in on this.  Dude can't even get out of his own family tree before he runs into anti-Trump bias. 

I think Mary is his niece. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 06:59 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I think Mary is his niece. 

I googled up this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/maryanne-trump-barry-secret-recordings/2020/08/22/30d457f4-e334-11ea-ade1-28daf1a5e919_story.html
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 07:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I googled up this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/maryanne-trump-barry-secret-recordings/2020/08/22/30d457f4-e334-11ea-ade1-28daf1a5e919_story.html

Well, maybe they all hate him too. Can't blame them.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 06:25 PM)pally Wrote: so you believe that Clarence Thomas should resign immediately from the SCOTUS due to his wife's politics?  and Pat DeWine should resign from Ohio's Supreme Court because of his father?  Because those are 2 judges that truly have ethical issues.  

A parent ceases to be responsible for their child's actions when that child becomes an adult.  And parents make decisions every day independently of their children's opinions.  

Its only an issue because Trump can't control himself.  

Let's ask Hunter Biden when daddy stopped being responsible for him? 
Maybe when he gave him a loan? No.. Maybe when he failed to report his taxes fully? No?? 
I'm wonder if Biden will pardon Hunter right before he leaves office if he losses the election? Want to take bets? 
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 12:26 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Let's ask Hunter Biden when daddy stopped being responsible for him? 
Maybe when he gave him a loan? No.. Maybe when he failed to report his taxes fully? No?? 
I'm wonder if Biden will pardon Hunter right before he leaves office if he losses the election? Want to take bets? 

Joe is not responsible for Hunter’s actions. Hunter is an adult.

Jan 20, 2029 is a long time away…so we will have to wait and see if Joe pardons Hunter

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 12:26 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Let's ask Hunter Biden when daddy stopped being responsible for him? 

Being responsible and caring for/about are two separate things.

President Biden isn't responsible for Hunters actions, the judge isn't responsible for his daughter's actions.  Trump isn't responsible for his children's actions. 

Of course the difference with Trump is all of his children are involved in his businesses so they all share some responsibility.

If the judge was working with his daughter I'd lean more toward him recusing.  He isnt.

But I'm curious about your answer to Pally's question about Justice Thomas.  His wife was part of plans to overturn the election in 2020 and he won't recuse himself from cases about it.  Is that an issue for you?
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 09:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: Being responsible and caring for/about are two separate things.

President Biden isn't responsible for Hunters actions, the judge isn't responsible for his daughter's actions.  Trump isn't responsible for his children's actions. 

Of course the difference with Trump is all of his children are involved in his businesses so they all share some responsibility.

If the judge was working with his daughter I'd lean more toward him recusing.  He isnt.

But I'm curious about your answer to Pally's question about Justice Thomas.  His wife was part of plans to overturn the election in 2020 and he won't recuse himself from cases about it.  Is that an issue for you?

Still don't get it and i'm not going to keep explaining.

As to Pallys Q, Nope they are both grown ass adults capable of making their own decisions and not responsible for each others actions or something like that. 
Reply/Quote
The gag order now specifically prevents Trump from attacking family members of the prosecutors, court staff, and the Judge

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 12:23 AM)pally Wrote: The gag order now specifically prevents Trump from attacking family members of the prosecutors, court staff, and the Judge

And two hours ago...

[Image: Screenshot-2024-04-02-100036.png]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
He can talk all he wants...just not about this one subject and the players involved.

But since Trump's entire personality consists of feeling aggrieved and lashing out at anyone that doesn't love him he doesn't get that.

And Jesse (I never met a person I wouldn't stalk for rating) Watters will feed the anger for him.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-04-23-080820.png]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 09:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: He can talk all he wants...just not about this one subject and the players involved.

But since Trump's entire personality consists of feeling aggrieved and lashing out at anyone that doesn't love him he doesn't get that.

And Jesse (I never met a person I wouldn't stalk for rating) Watters will feed the anger for him.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-04-23-080820.png]

The worst part is, these charges should have been done much sooner. 

Trump was first indited in Mar 2023... Dam near 3 years after he was out of office and at conveniently the start of campaign time? 

Genuine or Political, I know you can't or won't admit it because TRUMP, but the timing is definitely questionable and Trump is going to play that up.

From what i see, only one might actually reach a verdict before he's elected, and the Stormy Daniels thing is really flakey. Buying stories isn't illegal in any way. We can question the method he did it with, but any good PR person is going to be doing just what they did, watching for negative stories and buying them before they can be printed. Celebrities/Rich People do this, and you'd do it to if you were getting alot of negative press and could afford it.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 10:31 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: The worst part is, these charges should have been done much sooner. 

Trump was first indited in Mar 2023... Dam near 3 years after he was out of office and at conveniently the start of campaign time? 

Genuine or Political, I know you can't or won't admit it because TRUMP, but the timing is definitely questionable and Trump is going to play that up.

From what i see, only one might actually reach a verdict before he's elected, and the Stormy Daniels thing is really flakey. Buying stories isn't illegal in any way. We can question the method he did it with, but any good PR person is going to be doing just what they did, watching for negative stories and buying them before they can be printed. Celebrities/Rich People do this, and you'd do it to if you were getting alot of negative press and could afford it.

From what I have read and heard they weren't sure they were going to bring the case at all.  It may be the weakest of the cases against him in fact.  I think that affected the timing more than any political reason.

But are YOU asking if it's "questionable" because TRUMP?  Or does that only apply to those of us who can see through his bravado?
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Screenshot-2024-04-23-113301.png]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 09:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: Screenshot-2024-04-23-080820.png]

LOL "The left." 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 10:31 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: The worst part is, these charges should have been done much sooner. 

Two quick points: 

1. Trump is not charged with "buying stories." 

2. I can admit the "timing is questionable." We've been over the question of trial timing on another thread. 

Why didn't Trump Trial Start Years Earlier? Blame Bill Barr.
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/didnt-trumps-trial-start-years-earlier-blame-bill-barr-rcna148036

Berman [the federal prosecutor overseeing southern NY]went so far as to claim that once Bill Barr became Trump’s attorney general, Barr “not only tried to kill the ongoing investigations, but — incredibly — suggested that Cohen’s conviction on campaign finance charges should be reversed.”

Berman’s office was told to “cease all investigative work” on the allegations until Barr and his team were satisfied that there was a legal basis to the campaign finance charges to which Cohen had already pleaded guilty. The prosecutor wondered at the time about whether the then-attorney general was trying to shield Trump from possible legal liabilities after he was out of office.

All of which is to say, Barr and his team directly intervened in an ongoing federal criminal investigation that implicated the then-president, who’d appointed Barr. As part of this intervention, Berman’s office was also directed to remove damaging references to Trump in court filings.

In case that weren’t enough, Trump’s Justice Department also directed Berman to investigate Democrats who’d committed no crimes. When the prosecutor resisted, Barr told the public that Berman had resigned. He hadn’t. Soon after, Trump fired him.  

But while the then-attorney general and his team interfered in a case that implicated their boss, it had the effect of delaying local prosecutors' investigation because they deferred to their federal counterparts....

The former president has the entire scandal backwards. He believes the real controversy is that the case wasn’t prosecuted sooner, when it reality, it would’ve been prosecuted sooner had partisans on his team not corrupted the process on his behalf
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 11:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: From what I have read and heard they weren't sure they were going to bring the case at all.  It may be the weakest of the cases against him in fact.  I think that affected the timing more than any political reason.

But are YOU asking if it's "questionable" because TRUMP?  Or does that only apply to those of us who can see through his bravado?

Uhm of all the Indictments brought against him, this one was the first filed. All the others came in a 2 month period after this one.

So it's not just this one i'm referring to. In several of them, nothing had changed as far as evidence so why wait so long? 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 06:13 AM)Dill Wrote: Two quick points: 

1. Trump is not charged with "buying stories." 

Did you not finish reading my sentence? I put on there we can Question the method in which it was done, which is what the case is about. 

(04-24-2024, 06:13 AM)Dill Wrote: 2. I can admit the "timing is questionable." We've been over the question of trial timing on another thread. 
Yes and not just on this one. All of his indictments. this one was the first one. I can understand if they waited on a couple of them, but all of them?
Whether he's found guilty or not, it reeks of Political abuse and Trump isn't one to keep quiet.. lol. He will ham that up.
You can put a gag order on Trump, but in his head if he can win by jabbing, then he will jab and the cost of the fines means nada compared to being convicted.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:57 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Did you not finish reading my sentence? I put on there we can Question the method in which it was done, which is what the case is about. 

Yes and not just on this one. All of his indictments. this one was the first one. I can understand if they waited on a couple of them, but all of them?
Whether he's found guilty or not, it reeks of Political abuse and Trump isn't one to keep quiet.. lol. He will ham that up.
You can put a gag order on Trump, but in his head if he can win by jabbing, then he will jab and the cost of the fines means nada compared to being convicted.

I think the question is whether he broke campaign finance laws about transparency.  I'll go back and take another look to make sure.

You'll grant that at least in this case, the timing is due to Trump himself weaponizing the DOJ, right?

Some "they" didn't "wait." Trump and Barr stopped the investigation.

As far as Trump and gag orders--that's just more evidence of his contempt for rule of law.

Imagine a guy who can't control himself back in the presidency, and what if his court gave him the total immunity he wants?
Reply/Quote