Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Day Another Player on IR
And in the apparently never-ending Wheel of IR. Today's lucky (?) winner was DT Adolphus Washington. He played 4 games before a knee injury which has now sidelined him for the rest of the season

3rd-year player DT Christian Ringo (Louisiana-Lafayette) signed off Cowboys PS. Ringo previously was on the Bengals roster from 6 Sep 2017-12 Sep 2017. I guess his 6-day tenure impressed the coaches.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
WOW, just wow

It's just never going to end
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And another sub 300 pound DT added, Christian Ringo. Remind me again how the defense is doing stopping the run?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 12:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: WOW, just wow

It's just never going to end

Sure it will.

On New Years Eve...
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 12:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Sure it will.

On New Years Eve...

Then it starts all over again with the same crew. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Good Lord pally.....I'm really starting to hate your updates....lol.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Got some serious depth issues on the D-line. Guess the sliver lining is that at least it wasn’t Geno or Dunlap. Technically all 4 starters on the d-line are still healthy. The issue is that guys are underperforming. Guys like Billings haven’t taken the next step. In a perfect world Geno should be commanding double teams and guys like Dunlap and Billings should be winning one on one’s. Willis is another guy not performing he can’t beat out Johnson as the starting DE and is nonexistent when he’s in the game.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 01:12 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Got some serious depth issues on the D-line. Guess the sliver lining is that at least it wasn’t Geno or Dunlap. Technically all 4 starters on the d-line are still healthy. The issue is that guys are underperforming. Guys like Billings haven’t taken the next step. In a perfect world Geno should be commanding double teams and guys like Dunlap and Billings should be winning one on one’s. Willis is another guy not performing he can’t beat out Johnson as the starting DE and is nonexistent when he’s in the game.

Agreed on Willis and Billings underperforming. When do we start questioning Burney's ability to coach? I read he's a big rah-rah energy guy, but that doesn't seem to be transferring to improvements in our young players.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 12:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: And another sub 300 pound DT added, Christian Ringo. Remind me again how the defense is doing stopping the run?

The Defense is stopping the run just fine.... 

..The playoff run  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 01:12 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Got some serious depth issues on the D-line. Guess the sliver lining is that at least it wasn’t Geno or Dunlap. Technically all 4 starters on the d-line are still healthy. The issue is that guys are underperforming. Guys like Billings haven’t taken the next step. In a perfect world Geno should be commanding double teams and guys like Dunlap and Billings should be winning one on one’s. Willis is another guy not performing he can’t beat out Johnson as the starting DE and is nonexistent when he’s in the game.

A couple things wrong here.
One Billings is actually having a good season
Two Willis not playing over MJ isn't a shock to anyone who has followed the Bengals. They never play the guy who is cheaper.
Three we have lost a star in Lawson.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Yojimbo Wrote:Agreed on Willis and Billings underperforming. When do we start questioning Burney's ability to coach? I read he's a big rah-rah energy guy, but that doesn't seem to be transferring to improvements in our young players.

Yeah I just don't want fans blaming injuries as the sole reason as to why were struggling this season. This defensive line was bad even when Lawson and Glagow were healthy. Tupou was a practice squad player and Washington was cut by the Bills and signed a few weeks ago. We still have 4 starters healthy on the D-line along with Willis and Hubbard. We've had two starting first round pick corners, Jackson III and Kirkpatrick starting all year as well as Williams and Bates at Safety. The linebackers are in rough shape but even when Burfict is healthy he's a shell of himself.  Nick Vigil will be an upgrade at linebacker but he's average at best. 
Reply/Quote
Jakeypoo Wrote:A couple things wrong here.
One Billings is actually having a good season
Two Willis not playing over MJ isn't a shock to anyone who has followed the Bengals. They never play the guy who is cheaper.
Three we have lost a star in Lawson.

Explain how Billings is having a good season every time I watch him he's getting pushed around and were getting gashed on the ground. Willis gets reps but does nothing with them. Lawson got hurt vs. Tampa and this defense was terrible even with him healthy.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 02:33 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Explain how Billings is having a good season every time I watch him he's getting pushed around and were getting gashed on the ground. Willis gets reps but does nothing with them. Lawson got hurt vs. Tampa and this defense was terrible even with him healthy.  

Billings is indeed having an above-average year; the first 4 games were rough, but he's been very good since then, getting penetration and moving the pile.

Outside runs are killing us, that being on MJ/Willis.

Willis has been underperforming to death.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 01:38 PM)bengals73 Wrote: The Defense is stopping the run just fine.... 

..The playoff run  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

ThumbsUp
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 03:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Billings is indeed having an above-average year; the first 4 games were rough, but he's been very good since then, getting penetration and moving the pile.

Outside runs are killing us, that being on MJ/Willis.

Willis has been underperforming to death.

What's sad is that he has improved in second year, just not as much as needed for the bigger role he now has.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 02:33 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Explain how Billings is having a good season every time I watch him he's getting pushed around and were getting gashed on the ground. Willis gets reps but does nothing with them. Lawson got hurt vs. Tampa and this defense was terrible even with him healthy.  

Doubled his sacks, doubled his tackles for a loss, and has 6 QB hits vs 1 last season. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 12:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: And another sub 300 pound DT added, Christian Ringo. Remind me again how the defense is doing stopping the run?
They are constantly looking for a Geno clone and we need a run stuffing fatty until Glasgow gets back next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 04:17 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: They are constantly looking for a Geno clone and we need a run stuffing fatty until Glasgow gets back next year.

They went into the season with 3 nose tackles an one 3 tech? Fort is also a undersized nose? 
J24

Reply/Quote
Another caboose for the excuse train, to explain why the season went off the rails.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are such an opportunity employer... New Bengal player: "oh my goodness!!! I got a call from the Cincinnati Bengals to play in the 53 roster!! wooo-hoooo!!!"
Reply/Quote