Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Day of Quiet
I think the quiet today may mean they're interviewing possible hires for DC. Last week we were hearing about those that either wouldn't interview (Hafley) or turned us down (Grantham.) So being quiet is probably a good thing. I believe we'll hear who our new Defensive Coordinator is either Tuesday or Wednesday. Now speculation........I really have no idea. I think it might be someone never mentioned here.
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
It's a holiday. The Front Office is closed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 06:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's a holiday. The Front Office is closed.

I know it's a government holiday. Is the Bengals front office really closed? Schools, Banks and government offices is all I thought.
Reply/Quote
This is a mom and pop shop. They don't work weekends (outside of the season) or holidays.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 06:22 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: I think the quiet today may mean they're interviewing possible hires for DC. Last week we were hearing about those that either wouldn't interview (Hafley) or turned us down (Grantham.) So being quiet is probably a good thing. I believe we'll hear who our new Defensive Coordinator is either Tuesday or Wednesday. Now speculation........I really have no idea. I think it might be someone never mentioned here.

I'm guessing they will try and keep everything hush hush if they don't have to ask permission.

At least we got good ole Walton keeping us distracted.

I wouldn't mind not hearing another peep about who might be our DC until they announce a hire.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 06:22 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: I think the quiet today may mean they're interviewing possible hires for DC. Last week we were hearing about those that either wouldn't interview (Hafley) or turned us down (Grantham.) So being quiet is probably a good thing. I believe we'll hear who our new Defensive Coordinator is either Tuesday or Wednesday. Now speculation........I really have no idea. I think it might be someone never mentioned here.

Yes, quiet is a good thing.  A lot less egg on faces that way.  Maybe they fired some big mouths.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 06:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: This is a mom and pop shop. They don't work weekends (outside of the season) or holidays.

It's the NFL.  Everybody works weekends and fabricated Monday holidays.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 06:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: This is a mom and pop shop. They don't work weekends (outside of the season) or holidays.

Its a week before the combine and we are without half our defensive coaching staff.  If Duke Tobin and Paul Brown aren't working they should be fired.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 07:17 PM)McC Wrote: It's the NFL.  Everybody works weekends and fabricated Monday holidays.  

That’s what I was thinking. No way are they taking days off. I hope we don’t hear anything until the DC is hired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have been none too dissimilar with Chik-Fil-A in that they’ve taken Sundays off the past few years. No reason they can’t emulate the gub’ment too.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

The Browns probably aren't, but I bet Taylor is making calls like crazy. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 07:17 PM)McC Wrote: It's the NFL.  Everybody works weekends and fabricated Monday holidays.  

Yeah, I don't know what kind of Government Holiday it was, but I work for State Govt. and had to work yesterday..... we lost President's Day as a Holiday when they implemented MLK Day....
Reply/Quote
Part of me is like okay the Bengals learned their lesson and details just aren't leaking out while the other part of me wonders if they have even less of a plan now than what they had to begin with...that original plan was Dennis Allen who is close to going to the Super Bowl with the Saints and Grantham who makes almost 2 million and was only at Florida for one year. Yeah...this has been an odd situation from the start. If we end up with someone that improves the Defense then great but it is hard to see this process so far as a positive for the new regime.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
No news from the Bengals yesterday because they are waiting for replies in the mail and the USPS was closed yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No news from the Bengals yesterday because they are waiting for replies in the mail and the USPS was closed yesterday.

Good thinking!
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 12:00 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Part of me is like okay the Bengals learned their lesson and details just aren't leaking out while the other part of me wonders if they have even less of a plan now than what they had to begin with...that original plan was Dennis Allen who is close to going to the Super Bowl with the Saints and Grantham who makes almost 2 million and was only at Florida for one year. Yeah...this has been an odd situation from the start. If we end up with someone that improves the Defense then great but it is hard to see this process so far as a positive for the new regime.

On the other hand, maybe Zac is just being that particular. I don't blame him for trying on Allen and Grantham. The bottom line is that Zac gets who he wants.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 12:29 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: On the other hand, maybe Zac is just being that particular. I don't blame him for trying on Allen and Grantham. The bottom line is that Zac gets who he wants.

But he doesn't....at all...he wanted Allen and Grantham and didn't get either guy. He has no other choice but to say he just wants to find the right fit but the truth seems rather obvious to me that he was struck out multiple times on guys he wanted and was interested in. Ultimately this one year is not going to define Taylor as a coach but there is no way around this DC search being a disaster so far.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 12:37 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: But he doesn't....at all...he wanted Allen and Grantham and didn't get either guy. He has no other choice but to say he just wants to find the right fit but the truth seems rather obvious to me that he was struck out multiple times on guys he wanted and was interested in. Ultimately this one year is not going to define Taylor as a coach but there is no way around this DC search being a disaster so far.

Precisely. This isn't us interviewing and rejecting guys due to strict standards.

This is a combination of not identifying legit candidates who would be willing to come here and perhaps the organizations reputation working against us.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 02:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Precisely. This isn't us interviewing and rejecting guys due to strict standards.

This is a combination of not identifying legit candidates who would be willing to come here and perhaps the organizations reputation working against us.

Really cool knack you have of delivering your guesswork as fact.   :andy:

Reply/Quote