Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Franchise Milestone
(12-30-2016, 01:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: Andys numbers would likely be very different if we had a great running game, but the Oline is much better suited for pass protection than for the running game and this season it wasn't really suited for either..
Andy has proven more than capable. Imagine him with both a great running game and pass protection along with great recievers on both sides and running backs able to get 5.0 yards per..
However, we have the team we have, not the team we wish we had. 

I am beginning to put more and more on the way the Bengals run the ball (or try to run the ball) over the people blocking for the RB.  So predictable.  So telegraphed by formations.  So weak in the hole is Hill.  Look at Sexy Rexy:  Averaging close to 4 ypc behind the same line.  

It needs to be more of a focus, and it needs to be less predictable, and it needs to have a better stable of RBs.  

Dalvin Cook looked pretty damn impressive last night.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 07:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am beginning to put more and more on the way the Bengals run the ball (or try to run the ball) over the people blocking for the RB.  So predictable.  So telegraphed by formations.  So weak in the hole is Hill.  Look at Sexy Rexy:  Averaging close to 4 ypc behind the same line.  

It needs to be more of a focus, and it needs to be less predictable, and it needs to have a better stable of RBs.  

Dalvin Cook looked pretty damn impressive last night.  

yeah but he also had 5 runs of -6 yards or more I think a new center with a run firstdemeanor I'd what we need to get everything flowing smooth
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: To be fair just about everyone wishes they had that team...

And balance that with a great defense.

Yeah, but then we wouldn't have anything to complain about and then where would we be? Just a bunch of guys saying Yey us.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 07:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Look at Sexy Rexy:  Averaging close to 4 ypc behind the same line.  

This is an excellent point but don't let this statistic excuse the offensive line and their coach for poor performance.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 12:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is an excellent point but don't let this statistic excuse the offensive line and their coach for poor performance.

Agreed, but I think it is a bigger reflection of Hill's lack of burst and vision.  
Reply/Quote