Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Friday and Another Indictment (Roger Stone)
(01-25-2019, 10:00 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Because I'm still convinced he never thought he would win.  He would have been much better off losing and having rallies that would have attracted thousands of people talking about how he was robbed and how terrible Hillary is doing.  That's his dream job.

I agree he thought he'd never win, but I don't think he wanted to lose.

Had Hillary won, not only would Trump be doing what you describe, and very effectively, but millions would still be imagining that had Trump won, China would be "playing fair" or severely punished. The jihadists would be on the run world wide and world respect for the US and office of presidency would be on the rise.  We'd be out of NATO, or they'd be "paying up." NK would be sorted out. The SWAMP would be almost drained. And we'd have better, cheaper, healthcare, and a wall--paid for by Mexico. 

Hillary would be in the way of all that, and a terrible risk to national security given her server scandal, not to mention an ongoing pay-for-play scandal as foreign governments and corporations who contributed to the Clinton foundation got or were perceived to get special access.  Profiting from the Office was an IMPEACHABLE offense according to hyper Constitutionalists a few years back.  The groundswell of populism would likely have expanded as the Clintons continued to get-away-with-breaking-the-rules-while-ordinary-people-cannot.'  There would be complaints about the expanded role of family-member bill Clinton in formulating policy and perhaps even representing US foreign policy abroad--though not elected. No one would know how difficult the healthcare issue is. Republicans would still control the House, campaiging in 2018 for honest, transparent government and national security.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
DJT coming to the Rose Garden to speak on....the shut down.

Time to distract.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-25-2019, 09:17 AM)Au165 Wrote: Interesting that Mueller always seems to have people arrested and indicted on Fridays. It does seem Mueller continues to inch closer and closer into Trumps inner circle.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/25/grand-jury-indicts-donald-trump-aide-roger-stone/2675742002/

I'm sure they get outta it someway, but the common folk like us have to wait til Monday to post bond when arrested on a Friday... Maybe that's why he does it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
If investigations like this could have been carried out for every prior President (and opponent), there would probably be a lot of similar stuff like what Stone allegedly did.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Guess TDS getting the best of you...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/427020-alan-dershowitz-stone-indictment-follows-concerning-mueller-pattern%3famp
(01-25-2019, 06:18 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Guess TDS getting the best of you...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/427020-alan-dershowitz-stone-indictment-follows-concerning-mueller-pattern%3famp

How does one carry out his task of investigating when people lie about things that aren’t in themselves crimes? Isn’t that the whole reason we have perjury? If they were protecting themselves from their own crimes they could simply plead the 5th however by making false statements to cover for other people’s poor choices (even if not illegal) they are obstructing the task which we lawfully assigned Mueller to do.

Simply put, if Roger Stone wouldn’t have lied he’d not have committed a crime. Similarly to the reason Clinton got impeachment proceeding brought against him. The cover up tends to be worse than the crime people cover.
Anyone else see the irony of Stone throwing up the Nixon “V fingers” at the court?
(01-25-2019, 03:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: DJT coming to the Rose Garden to speak on....the shut down.

Time to distract.

My daughter wanted to get a picture in front of the White House but I guess they seal it off during these things so you can’t be on the same side of the street.

She’s there to see a friend who took a job in DC after graduation so it’s not like this trip was planned in order to see the sights but it would be nice while she’s there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-25-2019, 07:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: How does one carry out his task of investigating when people lie about things that aren’t in themselves crimes? Isn’t that the whole reason we have perjury? If they were protecting themselves from their own crimes they could simply plead the 5th however by making false statements to cover for other people’s poor choices (even if not illegal) they are obstructing the task which we lawfully assigned Mueller to do.

Simply put, if Roger Stone wouldn’t have lied he’d not have committed a crime. Similarly to the reason Clinton got impeachment proceeding brought against him. The cover up tends to be worse than the crime people cover.

How long has this investigation been going on now? Yet not one single charge or indictment for a crime committed before the investigation...

Do you guys know more than famous Harvard Law Liberal Alan Dershowitz? A guy who is 100% not a fan of Trump? Every liberal Trump bashing poster in a Bengals Football political forum appear as though they are all legal experts. Quit reading headlines and believing everything fake news throws at you.

Come back when you guys have an indictment and somebody who was arrested for a crime committed before the investigation that actually has anything to do with Trump colluding with the Russians. I bet you cannot.
(01-25-2019, 09:20 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: How long has this investigation been going on now?  Yet not one single charge or indictment for a crime committed before the investigation...

Do you guys know more than famous Harvard Law Liberal Alan Dershowitz?  A guy who is 100% not a fan of Trump?  Every liberal Trump bashing poster in a Bengals Football political forum appear as though they are all legal experts.  Quit reading headlines and believing everything fake news throws at you.  

Come back when you guys have an indictment and somebody who was arrested for a crime committed before the investigation that actually has anything to do with Trump colluding with the Russians.  I bet you cannot.

What exactly did anyone miss about his indictment that you're telling us to "quit reading headlines and believing everything fake news throws at you"? Also, what about his indictment has been "fake news"?

Ever since his election, Dershowitz has been a staunch defender of Trump. This op-ed seemed like another attempt to trash Mueller and the ACLU while getting more attention for the fact that he wrote a book defending Trump against the Russia investigation.

Does famous Harvard Law Liberal Alan Dershowitz know more about the investigation than famous FBI Director Conservative Mueller? At this point, he's speculating on what he thinks Mueller knows or does not know. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-25-2019, 09:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What exactly did anyone miss about his indictment that you're telling us to "quit reading headlines and believing everything fake news throws at you"? Also, what about his indictment has been "fake news"?

Ever since his election, Dershowitz has been a staunch defender of Trump. This op-ed seemed like another attempt to trash Mueller and the ACLU while getting more attention for the fact that he wrote a book defending Trump against the Russia investigation.

Does famous Harvard Law Liberal Alan Dershowitz know more about the investigation than famous FBI Director Conservative Mueller? At this point, he's speculating on what he thinks Mueller knows or does not know. 

Guess you missed the point...Like every other indictment from this bogus witch-hunt, this one is just another nothing burger. No indictments for a single crime committed prior to the start of the investigation that has anything to do with Trump colluding with Russia.

I wouldn’t exactly say Dershowitz has defended Trump...only pointed out that the left is losing their collective minds.
(01-25-2019, 10:51 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Guess you missed the point...Like every other indictment from this bogus witch-hunt, this one is just another nothing burger.  No indictments for a single crime committed prior to the start of the investigation that has anything to do with Trump colluding with Russia.

I wouldn’t exactly say Dershowitz has defended Trump...only pointed out that the left is losing their collective minds.

Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c4bbeb1447a394e41667c9d]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-25-2019, 10:51 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Guess you missed the point...Like every other indictment from this bogus witch-hunt, this one is just another nothing burger.  No indictments for a single crime committed prior to the start of the investigation that has anything to do with Trump colluding with Russia.

I didn't miss the point, but you're arguing against a position that no one here is defending. That's why I asked you to point out who needs to "quit reading headlines" and why I asked you what was "fake news". 

Quote:I wouldn’t exactly say Dershowitz has defended Trump...only pointed out that the left is losing their collective minds.

He frequently makes the cable news rounds defending Trump and dropped a book defending Trump against impeachment, using praise from Trump and Hannity to market it. 

(01-25-2019, 11:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I didn't miss the point, but you're arguing against a position that no one here is defending. That's why I asked you to point out who needs to "quit reading headlines" and why I asked you what was "fake news". 

He frequently makes the cable news rounds defending Trump and dropped a book defending Trump against impeachment, using praise from Trump and Hannity to market it. 

You’re kidding right?

Did you not post a CNN article earlier in this thread? That’s fake news. Just like the indictment is fake and is just another BS made up charge to go after Trump. Funny how CNN was at Roger Stone’s house prior to the FBI storming an old man’s house with guns drawn.

So someone saying that it’s a mistake for their political party to try and impeach Trump is defending him?

That might be true if Trump actually committed any impeachable offense but as it stands there’s not one shred of evidence he has.

Dershowitz has simply stated it would be a mistake for Democrats to try to impeach based off the premise that he has not committed an impeachable offense.

Dershowitz has not and never will be a fan of Trump. He’d never defend any action or decision Trump has made. He campaigned and voted for Hillary Clinton. As a Constitutional scholar he’s simply stated none of Trump’s actions constitutes impeachable offenses.
(01-25-2019, 11:54 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: You’re kidding right?  

Did you not post a CNN article earlier in this thread? That’s fake news.  Just like the indictment is fake and is just another BS made up charge to go after Trump.  Funny how CNN was at Roger Stone’s house prior to the FBI storming an old man’s house with guns drawn.  

CNN is "fake news" because it's "fake news". LOL, ok... 

Quote:So someone saying that it’s a mistake for their political party to try and impeach Trump is defending him?  

Someone defending Trump on TV and in print is defending him.

(01-25-2019, 09:20 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: How long has this investigation been going on now?  Yet not one single charge or indictment for a crime committed before the investigation...

Do you guys know more than famous Harvard Law Liberal Alan Dershowitz?  A guy who is 100% not a fan of Trump?  Every liberal Trump bashing poster in a Bengals Football political forum appear as though they are all legal experts.  Quit reading headlines and believing everything fake news throws at you.  

Come back when you guys have an indictment and somebody who was arrested for a crime committed before the investigation that actually has anything to do with Trump colluding with the Russians.  I bet you cannot.

Yow!

Did you just tell people to dismiss an investigation based upon FBI and CIA intel on Russian interference in our election as "fake news," and then ask them to uncritically accept the word of a Fox News star--famous for contrarian and outlier legal opinions--because he is a "famous Harvard Law Liberal"?

LOL You DID didn't you!

If I don't know as much as famous liberal Alan Dershowits, can I at least ask what all the other liberal Harvard Law professors think of Trump and Dershowitz before I let Dershowitz do my thinking for me?
(01-25-2019, 11:54 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Did you not post a CNN article earlier in this thread? That’s fake news.  Just like the indictment is fake and is just another BS made up charge to go after Trump.

If they are all fake then why has everyone so far ended with a guilty plea.  So far not one person charged has even tried to contest the evidence against him.

And if no one did anything wrong why is everyone lying under oath?

When someone pleads guilty and gets jail time and you still call it "fake" that kind of destroy your credibility.
I'm going to throw this here. It's from 2017 so Mueller has gone longer (and gotten more indictments) it still helps to contextualize this investigation vs others. To everyone complaining about how long it has taken it is still one of the shortest investigations ever in terms of special counsel.

[Image: thompson-deveaux-indictments.png?w=575]
(01-29-2019, 01:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm going to throw this here. It's from 2017 so Mueller has gone longer (and gotten more indictments) it still helps to contextualize this investigation vs others. To everyone complaining about how long it has taken it is still one of the shortest investigations ever in terms of special counsel.

Guess the 3+ years of Benghazi investigations under Obama don't score here cuz NO ONE WAS INDICTED ON ANYTHING.