Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is it ok to hate Burfict?
(12-06-2017, 04:13 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Very true. If he wanted to end Brown's career, he had the chance and didn't take it. Had that been Mike Mitchell or Shazier aiming at A.J. Green, it would have been crown of the helmet into the neck and the end of A.J. Green. And the media would have called it good defense. 

You're damn right here. I'm no Vontez apologist but he grazed the guy with his arm..
Reply/Quote
could you imagine if he played for the steelers...we'd loathe him Whatever

he's a difference maker on our D. we've a steady , pretty conservative D and he applies the x factor.

Unfortunately the differences he makes are not always good with the penalties, suspensions and i do think there are  times (like the steelers) where he will hurt the team.....you can almost predict he ll get penalized in some key emotional moment.

great player though..or LB group is very average without him
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 12:03 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Suh is a good comparison, and like you, if Suh was cheapshotted, I don't think I would be thinking he deserved it.

I think the timing aspect is interesting as well. It's amazing to me that the Steelers can claim 'Karma' for something that happened back 2 postseasons ago. If JuJu had taken out Burfict in the same game that Burfict destroyed AB, I would maybe understand the 'deserved it' claim.... but 2 years later, after playing generally clean vs the Steelers in recent matchups??

Another thing I want to point out for someone to fact check me on... Has Burfict really ever intentionally hurt anyone other than AB? Much of Burficts fouls are on eye pokes, ball taps and hand stepping... which I think isn't nearly as bad as headshotting... I can really only remember him maliciously hitting AB, but I may have blinders on... not sure... Feel the Bengals in general get a lot of calls where they weren't really targeting at all.

Why do you keep saying that Burfict hurt AB intentionally?  He made a football play, and AB just happened to drop his helmet directly in the path.  Perhaps you have drank too much of the media anti-Burfict Kool-Aid?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Burfict is a great player but he only hits hard against Pittsburgh. Everybody else he isn't dirty or a cheap shot artist.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 07:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why do you keep saying that Burfict hurt AB intentionally?  He made a football play, and AB just happened to drop his helmet directly in the path.  Perhaps you have drank too much of the media anti-Burfict Kool-Aid?

Well that's insulting.

Maybe intention to hurt is in question, but intention of hitting AB is clear in my eyes.

Burfict is far too good at tracking the ball in the air to actually believe AB was gonna get the ball.

I do agree that AB dropped his helmet into Burficts shoulder making the collision worse, but I do think Burfict could have avoided the whole thing.

End of the day, he intentionally hit AB when he was a 'defenseless receiver'... if you buy the whole defenseless receiver garbage.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 10:01 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Well that's insulting.

Maybe intention to hurt is in question, but intention of hitting AB is clear in my eyes.

Burfict is far too good at tracking the ball in the air to actually believe AB was gonna get the ball.

I do agree that AB dropped his helmet into Burficts shoulder making the collision worse, but I do think Burfict could have avoided the whole thing.

End of the day, he intentionally hit AB when he was a 'defenseless receiver'... if you buy the whole defenseless receiver garbage.

Well man, wasn't intending to insult you.  However, the media painted a picture of a star player getting put out of a game by a renegade low life, from a divisional opponent.  That is simply not the case.  Burfict only lowered his shoulder to below head level, as he should, and AB lowered his head in anticipation of a collision.  It was a freakin' accident, caused by a receiver attempting to avoid/reduce impact of collision on a bang-bang play.

Now, the quicker you can accept that, the sooner you can dismiss all the negative stigma that NFLN and ESPN has covered the Super Destroyer with.  Burfict is only playing hard football, a thing that we lacked before Marvin even arrived.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I've never hated Burfict for hard hitting plays between the lines and whistles. It's when he's stepped out of the scope of "football plays" that I get irate at him !
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 10:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well man, wasn't intending to insult you.  However, the media painted a picture of a star player getting put out of a game by a renegade low life, from a divisional opponent.  That is simply not the case.  Burfict only lowered his shoulder to below head level, as he should, and AB lowered his head in anticipation of a collision.  It was a freakin' accident, caused by a receiver attempting to avoid/reduce impact of collision on a bang-bang play.

Now, the quicker you can accept that, the sooner you can dismiss all the negative stigma that NFLN and ESPN has covered the Super Destroyer with.  Burfict is only playing hard football, a thing that we lacked before Marvin even arrived.

Just rewatched it.

If you can admit that Burfict has the worst awareness in the world for not knowing that Antonio Brown wasn't catching the ball then I will 'accept that'.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 10:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Just rewatched it.

If you can admit that Burfict has the worst awareness in the world for not knowing that Antonio Brown wasn't catching the ball then I will 'accept that'.

Man, I've watched that clip over and over.  Unless he's going to take the knee, I don't see any other way he makes the stop that quickly.  AB healed from the concussion, how bout if Burfict took the knee?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Here are the facts on Burfict.

He has caused 1 player to miss 1 game by questionable hit.

Meanwhile in that same game our RB ALSO got knocked out on a questionable hit. Yet nobody talks about it. They just make old rules new rules instead. Now that same player hurt himself while making the same "tackle" and will never play football again. And we will probably get blamed for it somehow. Maybe it even already happened. "Those dirty Bungles ended Shaziers career! Let's kill Mixon!" "Burfict got what he deserved!" "Ju Ju is a hero."

The Burfict tackle on Bell gets lumped into "dirty", make no mistake about that.

Meanwhile Mitchell has concussed 2 of our players and caused them to miss games. Silence.

Mitchell has also twisted a ankle on at least 1 occasion and the other team got the flag! Silence

I could go on and on.........

It's media created bias and those not in the know are the sheep eating it up.

And there is nothing that can be done about it.

Nevermind that Burfict helps every player he tackles up off the turf.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 10:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Just rewatched it.

I think he honestly loses the football sometimes. Yes

Reply/Quote
Man the NFL pushes this narrative . The only sketchy stuff Vontaze has really done was slightly twist a ankle of the Panthers players and it wasn't even that obvious. He grew up on back yard football with his brothers. I can not recall one time Vontaze lined up and launched his helmet into a guys head like the steelers do. I can't hate Burfict because he plays with the most toughness and heart then anyone on the team and other teams do not like that.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to really lay it out here. We root for a franchise with a loser mentality. It's almost a badge of honor o root for a team like this. "You've stuck with the Bengals for 30 years!?! You definitely can date my daughter, because you have an obvious penchant for undying, unfuffilling loyalty!"

We watched players getting brutalized by the Steelers for years. Palmer, Huber, Gio, Rivers etc etc etc. Yet the team so many times had an "aw shucks" mentality.

Enter #55. Suddenly the Steelers are coming out of games with a Black eye. Suddenly the Steelers are whining about rough play. They all know who 55 is and know that cheap shots will be returned in kind.

I wish Burfict had held up on the Brown hit in the playoff game. I wish he would lay off some of the ball tapping, yapping, and ankle twisting. But I wouldn't trade him for anyone. Dude was concussed and was still reaching for JuJu. If the league didn't have the concussion protocol it does now, we would have had a legendary moment of Burfict running out of the tunnel and back on the field Monday night after he ripped him self off that stretcher.

He showed up in shape and ready this year. He's cut out most of the shenanigans. We don't fail to beat Pittsburgh because of guys like Vontaze, we fail because we don't have enough guys like Vontaze. Guys who want to win and beat those guys so bad they're fighting their way off the injury cart.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 01:30 AM)Brimey Wrote: I'm going to really lay it out here. We root for a franchise with a loser mentality. It's almost a badge of honor o root for a team like this. "You've stuck with the Bengals for 30 years!?! You definitely can date my daughter, because you have an obvious penchant for undying, unfuffilling loyalty!"

We watched players getting brutalized by the Steelers for years. Palmer, Huber, Gio, Rivers etc etc etc. Yet the team so many times had an "aw shucks" mentality.

Enter #55. Suddenly the Steelers are coming out of games with a Black eye. Suddenly the Steelers are whining about rough play. They all know who 55 is and know that cheap shots will be returned in kind.

I wish Burfict had held up on the Brown hit in the playoff game. I wish he would lay off some of the ball tapping, yapping, and ankle twisting. But I wouldn't trade him for anyone. Dude was concussed and was still reaching for JuJu. If the league didn't have the concussion protocol it does now, we would have had a legendary moment of Burfict running out of the tunnel and back on the field Monday night after he ripped him self off that stretcher.

He showed up in shape and ready this year. He's cut out most of the shenanigans. We don't fail to beat Pittsburgh because of guys like Vontaze, we fail because we don't have enough guys like Vontaze. Guys who want to win and beat those guys so bad they're fighting their way off the injury cart.

Purfect Brimey, Agree 100%  Now I can't wait for our NEXT meeting because Burfict will Punish that little bastard!

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 01:30 AM)Brimey Wrote: I'm going to really lay it out here. We root for a franchise with a loser mentality. It's almost a badge of honor o root for a team like this. "You've stuck with the Bengals for 30 years!?! You definitely can date my daughter, because you have an obvious penchant for undying, unfuffilling loyalty!"

[Image: Bless_this_post.gif]

Reply/Quote