Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another NFL pass may have hit a wire causing an incompletion
http://www.businessinsider.com/andy-dalton-pass-may-have-hit-skycam-wire-2017-12

Check out the video...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:52 PM)kdgjr Wrote: http://www.businessinsider.com/andy-dalton-pass-may-have-hit-skycam-wire-2017-12

Check out the video...

I remember it and remember thinking what the hell as it just suddenly fell to earth. AJ had the guy beaten and it was probably going to be a big play.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I wondered about that pass? It does appear to come out of his hands ok, but then looks like it hit a wall....
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:59 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I wondered about that pass? It does appear to come out of his hands ok, but then looks like it hit a wall...
I noticed this during the game.  It looked like a good ball and it just died.  The way Green reacted i thought it may have hit a wire as well.  Then they didn't pickup on it or show a replay so I thought I was just seeing things.
:andy:
Reply/Quote
Whats the NFL rule when this happens? Im sure its the same as the giant tv in Jerrys world, play on right?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 06:42 PM)corpjet Wrote: Whats the NFL rule when this happens?  Im sure its the same as the giant tv in Jerrys world, play on right?

It should be like golf, hit a power line, you get a do over no penalty....
I would think in this day and age, with the drone technology, they could fit a big enough camera on one and do away with cables hanging everywhere?
Reply/Quote
Interesting video.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
A top ten QB would have better cable awareness. Yet another reason we'll never win with Andy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 03:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: A top ten QB would have better cable awareness. Yet another reason we'll never win with Andy.

A pass thrown by AJ McCarron would've destroyed that cable. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I remember thinking WTH was up with that throw.  I thought maybe he was throwing to a spot on the field, but the defenders impeding AJ coming back for it.  Makes a little more sense now.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 03:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: A pass thrown by AJ McCarron would've destroyed that cable. Mellow

It would have shredded the cable, which would have snapped violently and taken out Tomlin, Pig Pen, Bell, Brown, JuJuBeads, and Heyward all in one fail swoop.  AJ would have caught the ball, and the shear force of the throw would have catapulted him into the endzone like a Hollywood stuntmant snatched up by one of the cables they use in explosion scenes.  It wud hav bin allsomz, and amayzbals.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 03:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: It would have shredded the cable, which would have snapped violently and taken out Tomlin, Pig Pen, Bell, Brown, JuJuBeads, and Heyward all in one fail swoop.  AJ would have caught the ball, and the shear force of the throw would have catapulted him into the endzone like a Hollywood stuntmant snatched up by one of the cables they use in explosion scenes.  It wud hav bin allsomz, and amayzbals.

Yeah but McCarron would have been flagged for holding.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 03:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: A top ten QB would have better cable awareness. Yet another reason we'll never win with Andy.

LMAO!!! Those darn REDHEADS!!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 03:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: It would have shredded the cable, which would have snapped violently and taken out Tomlin, Pig Pen, Bell, Brown, JuJuBeads, and Heyward all in one fail swoop.  AJ would have caught the ball, and the shear force of the throw would have catapulted him into the endzone like a Hollywood stuntmant snatched up by one of the cables they use in explosion scenes.  It wud hav bin allsomz, and amayzbals.

Nonsense. Bell would've used his superhuman patience ability to find the perfect crease to run past the cable. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It hit the wire. Replay the game.

Reply/Quote
If they had an indoor practice facility with wires all over the damn place, Andy could practice not hitter ng them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 09:53 AM)jason Wrote: If they had an indoor practice facility with wires all over the damn place, Andy could practice not hitter ng them.

Or at least not get sick right before a playoff game.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Why DIDNT Marvin throw the RED FLAG????????????????????
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 09:53 AM)jason Wrote: If they had an indoor practice facility with wires all over the damn place, Andy could practice not hitter ng them.

They have one at the University of Cincinnati they use regularly. I'm sure Mike Brown was a big contributor to that and alot of football programs in the area along with Ignition.

Before anyone says anything about the facility being at the college look at thr Steelers indoor facility. It has the Steelers logo but it's apart of the Pittsburgh University's sports program. They hold classes there as well as practice.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 08:53 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: It hit the wire. Replay the game.

They should have at least replayed the down....
Reply/Quote