Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Positive Thread.
I'm gonna list some things that made this season a good one. There are plenty of other threads like this, but I've been a downer so I decided to make my own Cool

1. The return of Eifert. We have a stud TE and should for quite some time.

2. The return of Marvin Jones. We have a great #2 receiver, just gotta sign him up and possibly let Sanu walk. Love Sanu, but that's how it is.

3. The Success of the Burfict Knee Restructure. Burfict looked great, and maybe he needs his head restructured next, but he didn't show the concussive symptoms we were worried about and his knee looks good as new. Probably the best news of the season.

4. The return of Atkins. Atkins came back to his all pro form, compared to the previous season when he was rehabbing.

5. The rookies! Kroft looked like a viable TE2, and the two tackles made impacts on the field, especially Fisher. After all of the doubting, last years class turned out to be a pretty good one. Josh Shaw also looks like a starter in the making!

6. Andy Dalton Becomes A Man. Not much explanation needed here, did you watch this guy this year?

7. Gio YPC. Gio had a good year, reminding folks why we loved him as a rookie. Hoping J. Hill has a similar resurgence next year.

8. Special Teams. Did we let a KR or PR happen against us this year? I don't think so. Darrin Simmons is a great coach.

9. Paulie G Makes a Name for Himself. After last year, I believe we were worried about if Paulie would be able to bring this defense back to where it was. With the return of a few players (mentioned earlier), we had a top unit. 

Reply/Quote
I would add--

Carlos Dunlap became the utter beast we were hoping he'd become.

Shawn Williams is a player.

The Bengals didn't get it completely right, but they did not lay down in a playoff game. They fought with ferocity until the end.

We are no longer in the Steeler's rear view mirrors. We are standing right next to them.

We erased several bugaboos this year--winning in Oakland, etc.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Bringing up Shawn Williams reminded me of a big one I forgot!

Reggie Nelson. What an amazing season the guy had, it was fun watching him patrol the back end making game changing plays!
Reply/Quote