Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Questionable Personnel Decision
Watching the Cards game last week, I saw Murray throw a touchdown pass to Pharoah Cooper. I thought wait, wasn't he on our team for a bit? Yep. He played for us in the Seattle game -- no targets, no receptions, then was waived. Later picked up by the Cardinals. Seven games, 16 receptions (on 21 targets) for 157 yards and a TD. Not a world-beater, obviously, but better than Willis and Morgan. Useful, at least.

Now I'm not saying Cooper would have led us to a superbowl, the playoffs, or even a win. But it is another baffling example of how management inexplicably avoids available, proven NFL-caliber talent (like Cooper at WR, or Zach Brown/Nick Perry/Brandon Marshall at LB) in favor of practice squad scraps like Willis and Morgan at WR or Hardy Nickerson and LaRoy Reynolds at LB, etc. As an aside, I just noticed that Uzomah is ahead of Eifert on the depth chart -- WTF is that all about?? It's almost like we're actively trying to lose!
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 02:40 PM)shanebo Wrote: Watching the Cards game last week, I saw Murray throw a touchdown pass to Pharoah Cooper.  I thought wait, wasn't he on our team for a bit?  Yep.  He played for us in the Seattle game -- no targets, no receptions, then was waived.  Later picked up by the Cardinals.  Seven games, 16 receptions (on 21 targets) for 157 yards and a TD.  Not a world-beater, obviously, but better than Willis and Morgan. Useful, at least.

Now I'm not saying Cooper would have led us to a superbowl, the playoffs, or even a win.  But it is another baffling example of how management inexplicably avoids available, proven NFL-caliber talent (like Cooper at WR, or Zach Brown/Nick Perry/Brandon Marshall at LB) in favor of practice squad scraps like Willis and Morgan at WR or Hardy Nickerson and LaRoy Reynolds at LB, etc.  As an aside, I just noticed that Uzomah is ahead of Eifert on the depth chart -- WTF is that all about??  It's almost like we're actively trying to lose!

Yea we've passed on some guys who could have definitely helped this team out. I don't really get what this team is trying to do. There has been talent on the waiver wire that's better then what we currently have on the roster. Seantrel Henderson is a guy recently released and who's probably an instant upgrade over Bobby Hart.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Yeah I thought Cooper was gonna move Erickson
Off the roster for sure.
Cooper had a better resume better skill set than
Erickson.
I guess the Bengals great talent evaluators
Are enamored with Ericksons inability to find
The end zone
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 02:40 PM)shanebo Wrote: Watching the Cards game last week, I saw Murray throw a touchdown pass to Pharoah Cooper.  I thought wait, wasn't he on our team for a bit?  Yep.  He played for us in the Seattle game -- no targets, no receptions, then was waived.  Later picked up by the Cardinals.  Seven games, 16 receptions (on 21 targets) for 157 yards and a TD.  Not a world-beater, obviously, but better than Willis and Morgan. Useful, at least.

Now I'm not saying Cooper would have led us to a superbowl, the playoffs, or even a win.  But it is another baffling example of how management inexplicably avoids available, proven NFL-caliber talent (like Cooper at WR, or Zach Brown/Nick Perry/Brandon Marshall at LB) in favor of practice squad scraps like Willis and Morgan at WR or Hardy Nickerson and LaRoy Reynolds at LB, etc.  As an aside, I just noticed that Uzomah is ahead of Eifert on the depth chart -- WTF is that all about??  It's almost like we're actively trying to lose!

"We like our guys." - Bengals Front Office and staff
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The one that kills me is Devonte Harris. In 3 Broncos games I have watched the guy can cover and tackles like a safety yet we keep Mcrae and the other Toast Crew.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 06:07 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: The one that kills me is Devonte Harris. In 3 Broncos games I have watched the guy can cover and tackles like a safety yet we keep Mcrae and the other Toast Crew.

This bothers me as well.  I liked Harris and did not understand why they kept Webb and Mcrae over him.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Pharoah Pooper Scooper
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 06:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This bothers me as well.  I liked Harris and did not understand why they kept Webb and Mcrae over him.  

Webb is all Lou....  brought him with him...

Better coaches evaluate talent better.
Reply/Quote
The line and QB aren't allowing the receivers enough time to get open. That is why they always throw for 4 yards on 3rd and long. That is why whenever a receiver - any receiver - makes a catch they immediately get nailed.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 03:00 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Yea we've passed on some guys who could have definitely helped this team out. I don't really get what this team is trying to do. There has been talent on the waiver wire that's better then what we currently have on the roster. Seantrel Henderson is a guy recently released and who's probably an instant upgrade over Bobby Hart.

Does he have at least three limbs?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Cooperis no better than any of the WRs we have right now. We kept Willis and Morgan over him because they were younger with more upside. None of them amoubnted to anything.

We have plenty of real reasons to complain. No need to try and make a big deal over a guy averaging 15 yards a game.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 08:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cooperis no better than any of the WRs we have right now. We kept Willis and Morgan over him because they were younger with more upside. None of them amoubnted to anything.

We have plenty of real reasons to complain. No need to try and make a big deal over a guy averaging 15 yards a game.

That’s 1 1/2 first downs. Well one first down after the motion penalty.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 03:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: "We like our guys." - Bengals Front Office and staff

"We're doin some good things"

-Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 08:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cooperis no better than any of the WRs we have right now.  We kept Willis and Morgan over him because they were younger with more upside.  None of them amoubnted to anything.

We have plenty of real reasons to complain.  No need to try and make a big deal over a guy averaging 15 yards a game.

Agreed.  If we had a dollar, for every time that some player that had a cup of coffee with the Bengals, then went on to play an average game with some other team, we could afford some good sippin' whiskey.  ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Dude is a good KR/PR we have three good ones in Wilson, Phillips, and Erickson are better.
He also isn't a good WR. Would rather have kept Malone( and yes I know he hasn't done anything with the Jets if he is still there) over him at the him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 03:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Yeah I thought Cooper was gonna move Erickson
Off the roster for sure.
Cooper had a better resume better skill set than
Erickson.
I guess  the Bengals great talent evaluators
Are enamored with Ericksons inability to find
The end zone

Erickson shined in 1 game this season. He's good. But Cooper definitely earn a reputation of not dropping passes.
Reply/Quote
Apparantly we were going to draft Risner...then he got taken 1 before we picked in the 2nd...so we traded down to take Sample.

I'd have to look at the timing on this, but the implication is that Denver wanted Lock and Risner...so they drafted Risner 1 pick before us and traded for our pick.

They're saying we got played...but I'm not seeing how.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
What about that bonehead move of getting rid of Mark Walton? I hear he's the starter in Miami.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 12:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What about that bonehead move of getting rid of Mark Walton? I hear he's the starter in Miami.

he will be starting for the mean machine soon
Reply/Quote