Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Re-Signing
Yep....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 12:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Well, thank God they got that done early.  Can you imagine if TJ Johnson and Brandon Tate would have been allowed to hit the open market?
some team would have struck gold Ninja
(03-07-2016, 02:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: for fans not to make threads and snid remarks for resigning depth. on 1 year min deals at that.
message boards isn't the place for some people,many in fact most have different opinions and express them differently  
(03-07-2016, 02:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sorry, but...

Clapping
(03-07-2016, 02:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Think again. The Lumina needs a wheel alignment and the fax machine needs paper.

Hobs is now estimating that we have $11.37 in cap space, and most of that is allotted to the buffer for extra coffee stirrers.
well they could always sell the washing machines and dryers,to raise some extra cash. maybe go full blown yard sale. you would think they have top of the line exercise machine and weights 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You clearly don't understand how things work around here.  

We just signed a guy who has been a back up on our roster for the last two years.  It is the usual kind of signing that every team in the league makes.  But in Bengaland it is cause for a crybaby convention.

And BTW the same people who are crying about us signing T.J. would be crying just as hard if he had ended up signing with another team. 

No offense brother, but people who constantly cry about other people constantly crying is every bit as annoying, at least in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 03:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: No offense brother, but people who constantly cry about other people constantly crying is every bit as annoying, at least in my opinion.

The thing is, they come out telling us they lack 14 dollars of having 27 cents, then sign two turds before FA even hits.  We all know you have to sign depth, yada yada yada.....but when you say you're broke, have PRESSING FAs that need signed, shouldn't you be waiting on signing Taint and TJ?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 03:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: No offense brother, but people who constantly cry about other people constantly crying is every bit as annoying, at least in my opinion.

You are missing my point.

I don't go around in every thread about every subject and complain about the crybabies.  But here we have a thread about a norman signing that every team does and it turns into a whine fest.

If the Bengals totally fail in free agency then I will complain about it.  But too many people here are so eager and excited about their chance to piss on the Bengals that they can't wait until it actually happens.
Reply/Quote

And people that cry about people crying about people crying is............

nevermind.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 12:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Well, thank God they got that done early.  Can you imagine if TJ Johnson and Brandon Tate would have been allowed to hit the open market?
Hilarious
Reply/Quote

you think you run this asylum? well do you oh wait  :jk:
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I don't mind the signing (or well, I do mind it if they're serious about this $15m business because that'd mean they spent 4% of their entire budget on TJ Johnson), I just mostly mind the timing of the signing.

I doubt TJ Johnson was going to be swept away by another team in FA (unless that team was a CFL team). Just really seems like it'd be much nicer to hear an update or progress on the important free agents rather than messing around with Tate and Johnson.

We all know the Bengals front office doesn't multitask well/at all. So I see this and know they were spending time doing these deals rather than actual important things while TJ Johnson and Tate waited for their turn along with all the other 3rd/4th tier FA.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 03:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't go around in every thread about every subject and complain about the crybabies.  But here we have a thread about a norman signing that every team does and it turns into a whine fest.

You know, what you view as whining others might view as light hearted jabs.  I really don't see a lot of outrage in this thread.  I think a lot of people are poking fun at these two signings, knowing what names are behind them.

I don't know, I often see you accuse people of "squealing", "crying", "whining", etc. when it seems like simple joking or it's just a different view than your own.  And it seems desperate to me.  I mean, when in doubt, paint people as extremes, right?  When you can't counter an argument or someone's take is different than your own, make them seem unreasonable.

-Want a free agent?  You want Albert Haynesworth.
-Want to be more active in Free Agency?  You want to be the Bucaneers or Redskins.
-Want some postseason success?  You wouldn't be happy unless we win a Superbowl.
-Poke fun at the team for resigning Brandon Tate for the 8th time?  You're squealing and crying.

The only one I see whining in this thread is you.  Resorting to calling people a bunch of crybabies because they're joking around about signing TJ Johnson.  
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 04:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You know, what you view as whining others might view as light hearted jabs.  I really don't see a lot of outrage in this thread.  I think a lot of people are poking fun at these two signings, knowing what names are behind them.

I don't know, I often see you accuse people of "squealing", "crying", "whining", etc. when it seems like simple joking or it's just a different view than your own.  And it seems desperate to me.  I mean, when in doubt, paint people as extremes, right?  When you can't counter an argument or someone's take is different than your own, make them seem unreasonable.

-Want to be more active in Free Agency?  You want to be the Bucaneers or Redskins.
-Want some postseason success?  You wouldn't be happy unless we win a Superbowl.
-Poke fun at the team for resigning Brandon Tate for the 8th time?  You're squealing and crying.

The only one I see whining in this thread is you.  Resorting to calling people a bunch of crybabies because they're joking around about signing TJ Johnson.  
Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 04:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You know, what you view as whining others might view as light hearted jabs.  I really don't see a lot of outrage in this thread.  I think a lot of people are poking fun at these two signings, knowing what names are behind them.

Pretty much.....this year, I'd be happy with FA if they at least lock up some of "our own", as the Bengals like to tout......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Yeah Toast Jones nailed it. Just some lighthearted fun in here. Well, it was anyway.

Heaven forbid we actually make a few jokes. It may offend the super-fans.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 02:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Think again. The Lumina needs a wheel alignment and the fax machine needs paper.

Hobs is now estimating that we have $11.37 in cap space, and most of that is allotted to the buffer for extra coffee stirrers.

I'd be happy to donate a small personal stash of these to make the playoffs again in 2016... Mellow

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote

I think the issue is that it is always the same folk "poking fun".

But as you say:

Happy with the team? You settle for medicrity
Content with the FAs we sign?  Don't want the team to improve
Proud of the Bengals regualr season performances? Don't care about post-season success

I'm sure the Boy that cried Wolf thought he was just being "light hearted" but after a while the town's folks grew tired of hearing him none the less.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 01:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Word is the deal is 1 year, $600k.

And you made a thread of this signing ??  WOW...  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 02:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: for fans not to make threads and snid remarks for resigning depth. on 1 year min deals at that.

Dr. Oz can help you with your issue.

http://www.wellbuzz.com/dr-oz-womens-health-2/dr-oz-remove-sand-vagina-vurp/

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
This is a non-event.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
The one year I would be happy if we signed all of our own I get to read Hobson explain how we need to save for potential dead money instead and we're all a bunch of crybabies.
Reply/Quote

I vote this as best post of 2016. I have tears rolling down my face right now. 
Reply/Quote