Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Safety visiting us; Rapp
(03-16-2023, 09:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: FYI, defensive analyst for the chiefs I know said he’d take Scott over Thornhill any day. So take that from someone who was in the building with Thornhill. He said he thinks Scott is an ascending player with high ceiling and Thornhill is kind of who he is at this point.

I like to hear that. 

Curious that Rapp is coming with word of Scott signing. Hill, Scott, Anderson, & Thomas make 4 already. Could we keep 5? Or cut Thomas? But I'd think both Scott & Rapp would want to start. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

(03-16-2023, 09:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: FYI, defensive analyst for the chiefs I know said he’d take Scott over Thornhill any day. So take that from someone who was in the building with Thornhill. He said he thinks Scott is an ascending player with high ceiling and Thornhill is kind of who he is at this point.

Thanks for the insight Au165. Cool

(03-16-2023, 09:30 PM)Nepa Wrote: Scott is a quality individual and did start for a full year. If Lou sees potential, then let's lock him down. Never know where Rapp will end up, but getting Scott doesn't end negotiations for another safety, as he shouldn't cost the Bengals that much.

Sounds good to me, might be catching Nick Scott at the perfect time, I trust Lou on this.

To the people who love Love, I do too, but in another Division. He is a small Safety that might get ran over by the RB's in our Division
as TLL shown me in the other thread.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:33 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I like to hear that. 

Curious that Rapp is coming with word of Scott signing. Hill, Scott, Anderson, & Thomas make 4 already. Could we keep 5? Or cut Thomas? But I'd think both Scott & Rapp would want to start. 

Rapp coming could have been a play to press Scott to sign before he got here.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

Ha ha love the Cas gif lmao!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Until 2015, Scott was always a running back (and special teams player).  But then Saquon Barkley arrived at Penn State in 2015 and Scott switched to safety. So, he has been learning the position and getting better and better. Scott is a hard hitter and quality individual. Bengals need someone with experience. Best grab him before another team does.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Rapp coming could have been a play to press Scott to sign before he got here.

True. 

On the other hand, Thomas is pretty long in the tooth. 

Hill, Rapp, Scott, Anderson could be the group going forward. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:38 PM)Nepa Wrote: Until 2015, Scott was always a running back (and special teams player).  But then Saquon Barkley arrived at Penn State in 2015 and Scott switched to safety. So, he has been learning the position and getting better and better. Scott is a hard hitter and quality individual. Bengals need someone with experience. Best grab him before another team does.

He’s got 17 NFL starts under his belt, and has appeared in a lot of NFL games. I think people are leaning way to into the Hb thing. He has been on an NFL roster for 4 years and has been training as a safety that whole time including all last season as a starter.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: He’s got 17 NFL starts under his belt, and has appeared in a lot of NFL games. I think people are leaning way to into the Hb thing. He has been on an NFL roster for 4 years and has been training as a safety that whole time including all last season as a starter.

I'd be excited to get Scott. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:47 PM)Nepa Wrote: I'd be excited to get Scott. 

People don’t realize he has 5 playoff starts…including the SB against us. He stepped in after injuries and played well during the playoff run which is why they went into this season trusting him to start all year.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: People don’t realize he has 5 playoff starts…including the SB against us. He stepped in after injuries and played well during the playoff run which is why they went into this season trusting him to start all year.

Adeniji has 7 playoff starts. 

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: People don’t realize he has 5 playoff starts…including the SB against us. He stepped in after injuries and played well during the playoff run which is why they went into this season trusting him to start all year.

(03-16-2023, 09:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Adeniji has 7 playoff starts. 

One played well, one did not. Apples and oranges.

And oh, why are people trying to compare Safeties to OL to make all this negative. Sounds like really going out of your way to *****.

Love yah TLL, but signing Scott could be a great move, we don't know. He has been trying to learn a new position and finally settled in.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: One played well, one did not. Apples and oranges.

And oh, why are people trying to compare Safeties to OL to make all this negative. Sounds like really going out of your way to *****.

Love yah TLL, but signing Scott could be a great move, we don't know. He has been trying to learn a new position and finally settled in.

I wasn't comparing S to OL, I was just pointing out that the fact that someone has made playoff starts are not in of themselves an indication of being good.

I fully admittedly AM being negative on this one. Don't like it or the Ford signing.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Adeniji has 7 playoff starts. 

He played well enough in those starts to earn a starting role for the next 17 games...not a trip to the bench.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I wasn't comparing S to OL, I was just pointing out that the fact that someone has made playoff starts are not in of themselves an indication of being good.

I fully admittedly AM being negative on this one. Don't like it or the Ford signing.

Cool, I like this one a lot more than the Ford signing.
Reply/Quote
I haven’t read through all the comments yet, but I would absolutely LOVE this signing, if it materialized. It would allow some personal continuity / familiarity with new signee Nick Scott, AND allow Dax to fill Flowers’ role, easing him in and getting him playing time. Dax projects more as a Hilton eventual successor than he does a FS, in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
I do not think the Bengals are very impressed with the Safeties in this draft class & want to take S off the board pre-draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, I like this one a lot more than the Ford signing.

I like any signing more than the Ford signing. At least he wasn't expensive. 
Reply/Quote
So are they out on Rapp now that Scott has agreed (first)?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:47 PM)phil413 Wrote: So are they out on Rapp now that Scott has agreed (first)?

Scott has not signed so I doubt we are out on Rapp. 
Reply/Quote