Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Margaret Sanger's dream is sadly alive in New York City
(07-29-2015, 03:39 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  

When a mother loses a child she is broken usually.   But yet we tell them an abortion is nothing .   There is no difference in an abortion or a miscarriage.  

This is not true.  All counselling with girls regarding abortion warns them of the possible psychological repercussions.  they are told it is not a decision to be taken lightly.

Even though I often make the comment that a fetus is not a human, I would never tell a girl that an abortion is not a serious decision or should be taken lightly. 
(07-29-2015, 03:39 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: correct we have no authority... But what about the years of "family planning" education kids get in schools.   Telling them to not have children and when you do just abort it ......    We are brain washing them at a young age to the point they are so easy with taking a life.    

When a mother loses a child she is broken usually.   But yet we tell them an abortion is nothing .   There is no difference in an abortion or a miscarriage.   Yet a miscarriage comes with loss, sorrow, grief, etc.    And an abortion they walk out with a lollipop while pp sells off their baby for parts and trying to get the most money.   They never are told or realize that their baby is baby enough to be used for parts.

I understand why people think they need to educate that way.   And I don't think you are a Eugenicist.   But I do think you and lots of other people have fallen into this brain wash we have all been mixed up and  with them actually telling us that we are Better off if certain people don't have children.    And we do it by our placement of pp.  

I am guilty of this as well.   I said the same dumb things.   I am just glad I woke up.

Where the hell did you go to school? Teaching children about preventing pregnancy is not what you said above. Not even close. I'm also not so sure that any family planning class encourages abortions.

But at least I know where you are coming from now. You buy the myth that women dance into the clinic and giggle through the procedure and prance away happy.

What a maroon.

An abortion is an incredibly difficult decision that a woman must make. It is not thrust upon her. It is not without counseling.

You don't have to for abortion (I am not) to at least have compassion for the women who choose it.

You also don't have to just make stuff up to make it sound even worse than it is.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-29-2015, 12:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: Where the hell did you go to school?  Teaching children about preventing pregnancy is not what you said above.  Not even close.  I'm also not so sure that any family planning class encourages abortions.

But at least I know where you are coming from now.  You buy the myth that women dance into the clinic and giggle through the procedure and prance away happy.

What a maroon.

An abortion is an incredibly difficult decision that a woman must make.  It is not thrust upon her.  It is not without counseling.  

You don't have to for abortion (I am not) to at least have compassion for the women who choose it.

You also don't have to just make stuff up to make it sound even worse than it is.

I have a friend who made some bad decisions and got pregnant twice in her teens or early twenties. The first time she had an abortion. The second time she gave the baby up for adoption. She still grieves for the baby she aborted, but the daughter she gave up for adoption sought her out when she was grown and introduced her to her granddaughter. She has a relationship with her daughter now. She will tell you that adoption is the way to go if you don't feel you can keep the baby. She volunteers to counsel young pregnant women for right to life groups now. She still feels guilt and grief over her aborted child over 30 years later.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-29-2015, 12:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: Where the hell did you go to school?  Teaching children about preventing pregnancy is not what you said above.  Not even close.  I'm also not so sure that any family planning class encourages abortions.

But at least I know where you are coming from now.  You buy the myth that women dance into the clinic and giggle through the procedure and prance away happy.

What a maroon.

An abortion is an incredibly difficult decision that a woman must make.  It is not thrust upon her.  It is not without counseling.  

I have compassion for women who are told that it's the only responsible option. They don't even show them an ultrasound of their baby. Or promote that they discuss adoption.... They are just looking to close the deal and get the abortion. This mentally crushes some women. And we wonder why we are on the amount of anti depressants that we are as a nation.

I would be too if I killed my baby because I was told over and over that it's the responsible thing to do only to find out later that I could have given them up for adoption and allowed them life. But no let keep telling kids abortion is no "big deal"
(07-30-2015, 12:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have compassion for women who are told that it's the only responsible option.   They don't even show them an ultrasound of their baby.   Or promote that they discuss adoption....   They are just looking to close the deal and get the abortion.     This mentally crushes some women.    And we wonder why we are on the amount of anti depressants that we are as a nation.    

I would be too if I killed my baby because I was told over and over that it's the responsible thing to do only to find out later that I could have given them up for adoption and allowed them life.    But no let keep telling kids abortion is no "big deal"

I don't think anyone says that the only responsible choice is an abortion and that abortions are not big deals.

This may be one of the most disingenuous arguments made by the pro-life side. People who get abortions don't make the decision on a whim nor do that take it lightly. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
There is a lot of cost and trouble involved in carrying a baby for 9 months. It is not always that easy of an option.
(07-30-2015, 12:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think anyone says that the only responsible choice is an abortion and that abortions are not big deals.

This may be one of the most disingenuous arguments made by the pro-life side. People who get abortions don't make the decision on a whim nor do that take it lightly. 

He is just making stuff up and grasping for straws to stir things up.
(07-30-2015, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is a lot of cost and trouble involved in carrying a baby for 9 months.  It is not always that easy of an option.

There is also a lot of cost and trouble in dealing with the abortion after the fact. The years of mental stress take their toll. So what's the bigger cost 9 months or the rest of your life living in regret?
(07-30-2015, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is a lot of cost and trouble involved in carrying a baby for 9 months. It is not always that easy of an option.

And if you hook up with adoptive parents early enough, all of those costs (with some additional money oftentimes) can be covered.

(07-30-2015, 01:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is also a lot of cost and trouble in dealing with the abortion after the fact. The years of mental stress take their toll. So what's the bigger cost 9 months or the rest of your life living in regret?

Not everyone experiences this. A lot do, sure, but there are many that view it as the proper logical choice to make.

There is no set rule for these things, folks. The generalizations being used here are used in propaganda arguments, which means they are really crap. There are many variables that can make them irrelevant.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-30-2015, 01:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is also a lot of cost and trouble in dealing with the abortion after the fact.    The years of mental stress take their toll.   So what's the bigger cost 9 months or the rest of your life living in regret?

The problem is that there is often not a real option.  If a woman can't afford to carry the baby 9 months then she is forced to take the risk that she will suffer regret for life.  It is a very complicated issue and not nearly as simple as you make it out to be.
(07-30-2015, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The problem is that there is often not a real option.  If a woman can't afford to carry the baby 9 months then she is forced to take the risk that she will suffer regret for life.  It is a very complicated issue and not nearly as simple as you make it out to be.

There needs to be a better effort put towards connecting women with those who wish to adopt.
Sometimes there is actually more psychological damage from giving up a child that the woman has carried to term than getting rid of something that doesn't even look like a real baby.

The longer the woman carries the fetus the stronger her psychological connection with it becomes.