Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Taylor?
With the coaching changes in Philly, the younger Taylor is without a job. Rumors are now out that he may land in Cincy with his big brother.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/bengals/.amp/news/could-zac-taylor-hire-press-taylor-bengals

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The QB Coach who oversaw Wentz's decline and whose 1 year as passing game coordinator saw Carson Wentz fall off a cliff performance-wise and the Philly passing game plummet to 28th in the league after being 11th in 2019.

Sounds like a perfect add.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If this hire wouldn't get you pumped for next year I don't know what would.
Reply/Quote
Could the put him in the scouting department?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bring back Marcus Lewis! Bring back Jordan Palmer! SUPER BOWLZ BAYBEEE
Reply/Quote
Offensive genius?
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure how they can sell this to the fans as a good hire if they make this move.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Let me guess, Burrow loves the idea.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 10:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Let me guess, Burrow loves the idea.
I know there's a thread about Burrow's endorsements. I wished he'd quit endorsing Zac Taylor.

And Taylor's brother's name is Press? Who named him? Sarah Palin?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 11:13 PM)jason Wrote: I know there's a thread about Burrow's endorsements. I wished he'd quit endorsing Zac Taylor.

And Taylor's brother's name is Press? Who named him? Sarah Palin?

Lee's Press On Taylors.  
Reply/Quote
Less Taylor’s please. Not more.

Reply/Quote
It’s funny because I remember the offseason as we were doing our HC search and PJD raved about the Taylor brothers. They were football prodigy’s and would be dominating the league for years to come.

PJD really is a moron when you look back most of the time.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 11:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It’s funny because I remember the offseason as we were doing our HC search and PJD raved about the Taylor brothers. They were football prodigy’s and would be dominating the league for years to come.

PJD really is a moron when you look back most of the time.

I completely disagree with the bold. Dehner does great work for The Athletic. And there was absolutely a lot of hype about the Taylor brothers (it wasn’t just PDJ).

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/06/zac-taylor-rams-press-taylor-eagles-head-coaches

Reply/Quote
I know that Doug Pederson's loyalty to Press was a big reason towards his firing. Eagles players were frustrated with how much Press coddled Wentz and tried to protect him from any criticism. Not exactly a coaching change that's going to ignite the fan base.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I seem to remember a lot of talk on this board about "how maybe Taylor would bring Press with him," and it wasn't talked about in a bad way. Personally, I don't know anything about the guy, but we already have a QB coach who did an outstanding job last year with Burrow. I do not see him getting replaced. Maybe ZT bring him in at a different capacity..
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 09:54 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Bring back Marcus Lewis! Bring back Jordan Palmer! SUPER BOWLZ BAYBEEE

Jordan palmer would probly make a good QB coach in all actuality.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 01:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I completely disagree with the bold. Dehner does great work for The Athletic. And there was absolutely a lot of hype about the Taylor brothers (it wasn’t just PDJ).

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/06/zac-taylor-rams-press-taylor-eagles-head-coaches

the hype was change  Taylor didnt do much for many of us.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 09:48 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: the hype was change  Taylor didnt do much for many of us.

I’m talking about nationally. Unless you thought the SI article I linked was written by a Bengals fan...

Point was PDJ was hardly alone in falling for the Taylor hype.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals are all about nepotism. He's a shoe-in for the gig!
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 01:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I completely disagree with the bold. Dehner does great work for The Athletic. And there was absolutely a lot of hype about the Taylor brothers (it wasn’t just PDJ).

To me he’s Cincinnati Seth Rogan.

I enjoyed listening to him and loved his podcast back when it was him and Jim. Still, his praise of Taylor (and yes, there was praise nationally) painted the guy as a football god.
Reply/Quote