Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Unlucky Poker Hand
I was down 200 and built my stack up to where I was only down 100 and had 153 in my stack and I'm in the small blind.

A few people call the $2 blind and then I raise to 12 with pocket kings (hearts and clubs), which everyone folds besides for two people.

The flop comes 8c, 7c, kd, so I check and the first guy bets 20 and then the next guy raises to 60, so I'm thinking that, if I push, it's only 60 more and they're priced in. They could have clubs, but I had the king of clubs so I figured they didn't and, even if they did, it's worth the risk, so I push. Worst case scenario would be they both fold amd them I still win a pot of $100 and I'm back to about even.

One guy folds and one guy calls and has pocket 8s, so I'm thinking "this is golden because I'll go from down a hundred to up a hundred."

Turn's a 9 and he rivers an 8 for quads.

What the hell.

My luck is horrible. How the hell does that happen?
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2021, 11:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was down 200 and built my stack up to where I was only down 100 and had 153 in my stack and I'm in the small blind.

A few people call the $2 blind and then I raise to 12 with pocket kings (hearts and clubs), which everyone folds besides for two people.  

The flop comes 8c, 7c, kd, so I check and the first guy bets 20 and then the next guy raises to 60, so I'm thinking that, if I push, it's only 60 more and they're priced in.  They could have clubs, but I had the king of clubs so I figured they didn't and, even if they did, it's worth the risk, so I push.  Worst case scenario would be they both fold amd them I still win a pot of $100 and I'm back to about even.  

One guy folds and one guy calls and has pocket 8s, so I'm thinking "this is golden because I'll go from down a hundred to up a hundred."

Turn's a 9 and he rivers an 8 for quads.

What the hell.

My luck is horrible.  How the hell does that happen?

Its the river bro. You played it right, the dude got lucky is all.
Reply/Quote
Yeah well..I had a straight flush k high and got beat w/royal .. Don't feel bad. Even though it was just funny money it was still evey dollar I'd built up over a few months of winning.. Crying doesn't help. It's just the proverbial farm where nothing grows but fantasies. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote