Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another bombshell?
(03-23-2023, 10:46 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Roll with Mixon and Trayveon and draft Gibbs or Spears. True RBBC and if Joe doesn't up his productivity this year, cut next year for a smaller dead cap hit.

That sure would be the only way I keep Mixon honestly. 

Think I would still be for cutting him and adding another RB that can block for cheap on top of Gibbs or Spears.

Spears shown well in blocking at the Senior Bowl and is a dynamic game changing take it to the house back. 

Tyjae Spears is becoming my favorite RB in this Draft the closer we get to Draft day, at least that should be available when we pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 01:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That sure would be the only way I keep Mixon honestly. 

Think I would still be for cutting him and adding another RB that can block for cheap on top of Gibbs or Spears.

Spears shown well in blocking at the Senior Bowl and is a dynamic game changing take it to the house back. 

Tyjae Spears is becoming my favorite RB in this Draft the closer we get to Draft day, at least that should be available when we pick.

Spears would be a nice get but with Mixon and Williams in the mix, i'd prefer Gibbs explosiveness. That's the thing this backfield is missing. Only problem is, i don't see him being there late 2nd rd. We would have to find some way to move up and that might not even be enough. I've seen a couple mocks with him going in rd 1. 

Overall, i'm not liking what i'm seeing in the lastest mocks because TE keeps popping up, or the 2nd level of OTs. They're kind of sitting in a shitty spot, late in the round with a lot of guys that looked good, and available, being gone now. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 03:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Spears would be a nice get but with Mixon and Williams in the mix, i'd prefer Gibbs explosiveness. That's the thing this backfield is missing. Only problem is, i don't see him being there late 2nd rd. We would have to find some way to move up and that might not even be enough. I've seen a couple mocks with him going in rd 1. 

Overall, i'm not liking what i'm seeing in the lastest mocks because TE keeps popping up, or the 2nd level of OTs. They're kind of sitting in a shitty spot, late in the round with a lot of guys that looked good, and available, being gone now. 

Both are explosive, Gibbs and Spears, but yeah, might be the best deal for us to trade back and add picks if we go for Gibbs or one 
of the RT's other than Wright. Also, not liking a TE at 28 but am trying to prepare myself for it so I am not so disappointed. I want 
Darnell Wright but he is probably gone. Him not falling to us makes me want to trade back unless some crazy BPA is there like a 
Smith-Njigba or Bijan Robinson.

Trading back and adding picks while grabbing a RT, G, CB, S, RB or TE makes it all good in my eyes.
Reply/Quote