Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another day another injury
Shawn Williams carted off to locker room. Apparent leg injury

AJ not practicing

Tee Higgens is participating

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good thing we got Bell. Williams gets dinged up a fair bit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Come on! Can we never have a healthy team? Not the biggest loss considering the depth but would have been nice to see what this defense could do with all the big name players. He could be a nice versatile piece to move up like a LB if needed to have 3 Safeties our there. Hope it’s not a season ending injury
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 12:01 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Come on! Can we never have a healthy team? Not the biggest loss considering the depth but would have been nice to see what this defense could do with all the big name players. He could be a nice versatile piece to move up like a LB if needed to have 3 Safeties our there. Hope it’s not a season ending injury

It's not just the Bengals, all teams are dealing with early injuries.  Check out that list, even looking past the "Opt outs", there are a ton of noteworthy names on that list.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/injuries.htm

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 12:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's not just the Bengals, all teams are dealing with early injuries.  Check out that list, even looking past the "Opt outs", there are a ton of noteworthy names on that list.

Yeah, I suspect every team is pushing as hard as possible for the season openers, without the benefit of easing into pre-season games. There will be injuries. Only way around it is to not hit in camp, which means they won't be in football shape and will go down in games instead.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 11:57 AM)treee Wrote: Good thing we got Bell. Williams gets dinged up a fair bit.

?? He's missed 6 games in 7 years
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 12:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ?? He's missed 6 games in 7 years

I meant more in-game. He has started a lot of games but I bet his snap count is noticeably lower than most starters. Seems like he comes out for a series or two almost every game due to a minor injury.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 12:45 PM)treee Wrote: I meant more in-game. He has started a lot of games but I bet his snap count is noticeably lower than most starters. Seems like he comes out for a series or two almost every game due to a minor injury.

He fights through those though. Guy is a warrior. I’ve always thought Shawn was one of our toughest players.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 12:45 PM)treee Wrote: I meant more in-game. He has started a lot of games but I bet his snap count is noticeably lower than most starters. Seems like he comes out for a series or two almost every game due to a minor injury.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2019-snap-counts.htm

Last year according to Pro Football Reference he had 1003 snaps for 93.65% of defensive plays.  Second only on the Bengals defense to Jessie Bates who had 1059/98.88%.

2018 was a bit less 995/88.13%.  2017 was a lot lower because he missed 5 games that year.

A quick sampling of other teams and it appears his snap counts and percent are in the same general area for his position.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 01:04 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2019-snap-counts.htm

Last year according to Pro Football Reference he had 1003 snaps for 93.65% of defensive plays.  Second only on the Bengals defense to Jessie Bates who had 1059/98.88%.

2018 was a bit less 995/88.13%.  2017 was a lot lower because he missed 5 games that year.

A quick sampling of other teams and it appears his snap counts and percent are in the same general area for his position.

Okay so last year was an improvement for sure. Maybe I'm remembering 2017/2018 more than 2019. 
Reply/Quote
Hope Shawn will be ready to go come the opener. I like him in coverage better than Bell honestly.
Reply/Quote

Why does this team always get hit with injuries every season?
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 02:12 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Too be fair this season every team is getting crushed, and they probably will most of the season because of the different off season structure.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 12:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's not just the Bengals, all teams are dealing with early injuries.  Check out that list, even looking past the "Opt outs", there are a ton of noteworthy names on that list.

How is there nothing Baltimore or pitt on this list?  I am sure someone at the very least was nauseated by Piggy's face after he shaved.  
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 03:49 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: How is there nothing Baltimore or pitt on this list?  I am sure someone at the very least was nauseated by Piggy's face after he shaved.  

Baltimore lost a CB for the year yesterday or Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 02:12 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Has there ever been a football team go a season without injury?
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 05:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Has there ever been a football team go a season without injury?

Only in Techmo Bowl.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 05:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Has there ever been a football team go a season without injury?

Nope. Completely unrealistic, just don't want to be decimated by injuries is the key.

Next man up. So happy we signed Vonn Bell, DJ Reader, Mike Daniels, Mackenzie Alexander etc.
Reply/Quote
Apparently he was chirping the offense a bit. Joe Burrow then proceeded beat him to within an inch of his life.

Everyone stopped their drills and gave Burrow a round of applause. Even Mike Brown came down. He started a chant of "Leader, leader, leader!" and everyone joined in.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 05:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Apparently he was chirping the offense a bit.  Joe Burrow then proceeded beat him to within an inch of his life.

Everyone stopped their drills and gave Burrow a round of applause.  Even Mike Brown came down. He started a chant of "Leader, leader, leader!" and everyone joined in.

lol
Reply/Quote