Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another example of accountability
All of this sounds amazing and I hate to be negative... but this just goes to show how far behind the Bengals were under Marvin Lewis. We're getting excited over something that's expected from any franchise that wants to be respectable. Practices being a little faster and things as simple as snack breaks and playing music has the team sounding like they're living the time of their lives as football players. Isn't that a little depressing? That said, I can only hope that all of this will lead to a great season and a playoff win or three.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 05:34 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't know about this I get fined for missing meetings and showing up late but messing up a play in practice? I am sure it's not a lot but still I want my players to be reacting not thinking about how to not mess up.

Not sure what drill he was doing, but players can't "not think" until doing it the right way is natural.  

It is like playing a musical instrument.  You can not improvise until you can play all of the notes and chords properly and understand how they are related.  Whatever he was doing in the drill might have involved basic footwork or technique that he has to master so that he can "just react".

Even the hardest practice is not productive unless you are practicing the correct technique
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 06:00 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: All of this sounds amazing and I hate to be negative... but this just goes to show how far behind the Bengals were under Marvin Lewis. We're getting excited over something that's expected from any franchise that wants to be respectable. Practices being a little faster and things as simple as snack breaks and playing music has the team sounding like they're living the time of their lives as football players. Isn't that a little depressing? That said, I can only hope that all of this will lead to a great season and a playoff win or three.

I think a lot of it is overblown hype.  

In fact we have heard "Things are different this year" many times before over the last 16 years.  

All of this "accountability" stuff will not make that much difference if these coaches are not smart.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 06:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think a lot of it is overblown hype.  

In fact we have heard "Things are different this year" many times before over the last 16 years.  

All of this "accountability" stuff will not make that much difference if these coaches are not smart.

I'm just trying to get to 5000 posts.  Pay no attention to my optimism.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 06:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm just trying to get to 5000 posts.  Pay no attention to my optimism.   ThumbsUp

I think you deserve a snack break if you get to 5000 post today..... Cool
Reply/Quote

Eh, so far i think the only thing these coaches have done that is not smart is sign Hart for more money then he is worth and pencil him in as the starter. Maybe not getting a DC in here earlier with a better resume then Sweet Lou but both of these things still could be smart moves for all we know.

16 years and 0-7 in the Playoffs speak for themselves. Marv wasn't smart enough evidently to get the job done.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 06:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, so far i think the only thing these coaches have done that is not smart is sign Hart for more money then he is worth and pencil him in as the starter. Maybe not getting a DC in here earlier with a better resume then Sweet Lou but both of these things still could be smart moves for all we know.

16 years and 0-7 in the Playoffs speak for themselves. Marv wasn't smart enough evidently to get the job done.

Well stated young squire!   Clapping
Reply/Quote

Ya but one thing remained the same all those years. 
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 06:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ya but one thing remained the same all those years. 

DingDing

Just don't try to be too optimistic over any changes.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
Weather it's a new idea, or an old one brought into a greater light, I like it. What a better way to develop chemistry and comradery than an ever present challenge among ones unit to do things right. The fact that the money goes into a pot toward a group outing only means that they will further continue to bond in team unity. Weather it works or not remains to be seen, but for the time being I'm loving the Esprit de' Corps.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 06:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Weather it's a new idea, or an old one brought into a greater light, I like it.  What a better way to develop chemistry and comradery than an ever present challenge among ones unit to do things right.  The fact that the money goes into a pot toward a group outing only means that they will further continue to bond in team unity.  Weather it works or not remains to be seen, but for the time being I'm loving the Esprit de' Corps.

Couldn't agree more.  We all, (well, most of us), wanted a change.  Now we have it and some people are comparing it to the failures of others.  Yes, MB is still in control, but it seems that there is a refreshing vibe coming from the players.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 06:42 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Couldn't agree more.  We all, (well, most of us), wanted a change.  Now we have it and some people are comparing it to the failures of others.  Yes, MB is still in control, but it seems that there is a refreshing vibe coming from the players.

Some of us are willing to see and accept the positives from the change.  Some just feel the need to be a wet blanket, when they see something good materializing before their very eyes..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 07:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Some of us are willing to see and accept the positives from the change.  Some just feel the need to be a wet blanket, when they see something good materializing before their very eyes..

You're right, and I feel sorry for them.  Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to this season and I haven't been this excited in a while.
Reply/Quote

come on.... it's 100 days before the first game....it is time to drink the kool-aid of true believers.  Plenty of time to be our usual pessimistic selves when training camp actually starts

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
What disturbs me most about the article is A.J.'s ambivalence toward these type of "gimmicks" and his laid back attitude. The guy is a great talent but no leader. Give me Chad Johnson all day. Maybe, just maybe, the Bengals receivers are not aggressive (ex. Ross, Malone, etc.). The Bengals need an OBJ attitude for its receivers. Pump your chest guys.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 08:24 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: What disturbs me most about the article is A.J.'s ambivalence toward these type of "gimmicks" and his laid back attitude. The guy is a great talent but no leader. Give me Chad Johnson all day. Maybe, just maybe, the Bengals receivers are not aggressive (ex. Ross, Malone, etc.). The Bengals need an OBJ attitude for its receivers. Pump your chest guys.

Uh, no.  We have a fantastic receiver, who is both talented and humble.  I'll take that over an Ochocinco, or OBJ attitude any day of the week.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 09:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Uh, no.  We have a fantastic receiver, who is both talented and humble.  I'll take that over an Ochocinco, or OBJ attitude any day of the week.  

He leads by example, and we don't need the diva crap either.  Once again you are correct sir!
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 09:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: He leads by example, and we don't need the diva crap either.  Once again you are correct sir!

I'm a firm believer in the "team over self" mentality.  But, having been a lineman for most of my football days, I would think that..  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 05:57 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: It's okay, I think he meant well.   Confused

It is cool, I love optimism with realism sprinkled in. I just get confused with all this optimism and then a recent poll predicting more losses than wins in 2019.

I am glad the team is developing new ways for accountability. But, I believe there was accountability last year as well, maybe not enough though.

I hope we win the Super Bowl.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 09:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is cool, I love optimism with realism sprinkled in. I just get confused with all this optimism and then a recent poll predicting more losses than wins in 2019.

I am glad the team is developing new ways for accountability. But, I believe there was accountability last year as well, maybe not enough though.

I hope we win the Super Bowl.

I'll drink to that bro'!   Cheers
Reply/Quote