Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another generation of Browns in the FO
27-year-old Elizabeth Blackburn takes over in the Business Development office as Director of Strategy and Engagement. She worked for 8 months for the NFL as an analyst and then for about 5 years for a couple of consulting companies. Then returned to the family business to work with Mama, Daddy, and the cousins. Apparently their social media is one of the things in her portfolio

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 12:21 PM)pally Wrote: 27-year-old Elizabeth Blackburn takes over in the Business Development office as Director of Strategy and Engagement.  She worked for 8 months for the NFL as an analyst and then for about 5 years for a couple of consulting companies.  Then returned to the family business to work with Mama, Daddy, and the cousins.  Apparently their social media is one of the things in her portfolio

Sounds like she went out and worked in the real world for awhile and didn't just have a spot handed to her.

Director of Strategy and Engagement--that's quite a 21st century sounding position for our little Mom and Pop organization.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Little by little this team is moving in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 12:27 PM)McC Wrote: Sounds like she went out and worked in the real world for awhile and didn't just have a spot handed to her.

Director of Strategy and Engagement--that's quite a 21st century sounding position for our little Mom and Pop organization.  

She needs to strategize her ass into getting a club Hall of Fame/Ring of Honor for some of our legends. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 12:35 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: She needs to strategize her ass into getting a club Hall of Fame/Ring of Honor for some of our legends. 

I like that strategy.  Definitely way overdue.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 12:21 PM)pally Wrote: 27-year-old Elizabeth Blackburn takes over in the Business Development office as Director of Strategy and Engagement.  She worked for 8 months for the NFL as an analyst and then for about 5 years for a couple of consulting companies.  Then returned to the family business to work with Mama, Daddy, and the cousins.  Apparently their social media is one of the things in her portfolio

If she's responsible for the noticeable social media improvement in 2020, then she's already getting kudos from me. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 01:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If she's responsible for the noticeable social media improvement in 2020, then she's already getting kudos from me. 

I agree the Bengals have just had this unabashed enthusiasm about them this off-season, the players have stuck up for the franchise, and obviously getting Burrow is going to get fans engaged.

But from free agency to Twitter, to Facebook, the Bengals seem completely sold on Burrow just like the fans.

I like it! Obviously the only thing that's going to change the outside perception is winning.

But to fans and local beat writers, they can tell that this has been an unprecedented off-season for our Bengals.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 12:27 PM)McC Wrote: Sounds like she went out and worked in the real world for awhile and didn't just have a spot handed to her.

who had a spot handed to them in the Organization?.. Not Mike. went to college  played football at Dartmouth then got his law degree at Harvard..  eventually come on to Bengal management in 68, im not sure if he worked for the Browns.. but he for sure was not just a silver spoon with no education
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 01:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  who had a spot handed to them in the Organization?.. Not Mike. went to college  played football at Dartmouth then got his law degree at Harvard..  eventually come on to Bengal management in 68, im not sure if he worked for the Browns.. but he for sure was not just a silver spoon with no education

Where did I say anyone had anything handed to them?

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 01:30 PM)McC Wrote: Where did I say anyone had anything handed to them?

Sorry guess I miss read what you meant by " didn't just have a spot handed to her.".. since she is in the family i was trying to who you were referencing.. but you just mean in general.. got ya.

I am happy with the family connections.. sometimes that leads to more roots staying in the City which helps with us maybe keeping a franchise.. with such a small market and all the $$ throwing at other cities plus venture capitalist new owner types.. Bengals and a few others franchises are rare setups...
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 01:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry guess I miss read what you meant by " didn't just have a spot handed to her.".. since she is in the family i was trying to who you were referencing.. but you just mean in general.. got ya.

I am happy with the family connections.. sometimes that leads to more roots staying in the City which helps with us maybe keeping a franchise.. with such a small market and all the $$ throwing at other cities plus venture capitalist new owner types.. Bengals and a few others franchises are rare setups...

I mentioned that for the benefit of anyone who would come in and say nepotism.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals Twitter game is strong lately & if it's because of her, then she's providing exceptional leadership.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 01:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If she's responsible for the noticeable social media improvement in 2020, then she's already getting kudos from me. 

Yeah, this might actually be a big deal in this turn around. Something has been going on for the better.
Reply/Quote
I can't believe Mike let go of his title of Director of Strategy and Engagement. LOL Actually I believe his first response would have been "She's a what?" You need young people in there doing this, and with the exception of one, the Browns seem to be a pretty intelligent family. I don't really have a problem hiring family to positions they are suited for.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I like the new dey direction the Bengals are heading. New upcoming coaching staff. New social media and marketing approach. A team of leaders and professionals.

What they need now is refurbish stadium with state-of-the-art practice field. and new freaking Uniforms!!!!!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

Took the words out of my mouth; I think the timing of this absolutely points in this direction.

You started to see a bit of change with Marisa being hired in 2018; at first, she was just the cameraperson. Now, she's doing her own little segments and interviewing players/coaches/media guys.

Even in 2020, how many women have roles like this on other teams in the league?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Chalk another one up to nepotism!
Reply/Quote

Consulting after 8 whole months?  What took her so long?
Reply/Quote
And here I was thinking this was about the constant revolving door in personnel with the Cleveland Browns
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 01:50 PM)McC Wrote: I mentioned that for the benefit of anyone who would come in and say nepotism.

(04-28-2020, 03:37 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Chalk another one up to nepotism!

Lol

Reply/Quote