Rd2: will Hernandez g utep

Rd3: James Daniels c iowa

Rd3 comp: jamarco Jones ot osu

Rd4: Alex cappa ot Humboldt state

Rd5: Jerome Baker lb osu

Rd5 comp:kameron Kelly db San Diego State

Rd6: shaqueem Griffin lb ucf

Rd7: fillers.

Hold on...... didn't you just tell me in my thread that theres no way that Will Hernandez will be anywhere near our 2nd round pick?  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 04:00 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Rd1: Vita vea dt washington

Solid mock.
But my, Jerome Baker is falling compared to where people had him in the rankings going into the 2017 season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 11:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Solid mock.
But my, Jerome Baker is falling compared to where people had him in the rankings going into the 2017 season.

Theres no way he makes it to the 5th round. Solid 2nd or 3rd round choose in my opinion. I would love for us to get him in the 2nd honestly. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 12:47 PM)dr1441 Wrote: Theres no way he makes it to the 5th round. Solid 2nd or 3rd round choose in my opinion. I would love for us to get him in the 2nd honestly. 

Maybe not 5th, but I could see him falling to 4th. The LBs I would take over Baker:
1) Roquan Smith
2) Tremaine Edmunds
3) Rashaan Evans
4) Malik Jefferson
5) Josey Jewell
6) Tegray Scales

There are probably more too that I haven't looked into yet, but the above are just the ones I like more for sure.
Problem with Baker, for me, is he's just solid in everything, not spectacular. That typically results in a fall.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 01:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe not 5th, but I could see him falling to 4th. The LBs I would take over Baker:
1) Roquan Smith
2) Tremaine Edmunds
3) Rashaan Evans
4) Malik Jefferson
5) Josey Jewell
6) Tegray Scales

There are probably more too that I haven't looked into yet, but the above are just the ones I like more for sure.
Problem with Baker, for me, is he's just solid in everything, not spectacular. That typically results in a fall.
My thinking also. He had a good year, but I can't tell you if he stood out or not.....
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 10:46 AM)dr1441 Wrote: Hold on...... didn't you just tell me in my thread that theres no way that Will Hernandez will be anywhere near our 2nd round pick?  Mellow

Poster analysis:

Name: Jpoore
Year: 2nd year poster
Position: All of them

Strengths: Jpoore has exceptional hip flexibility which allows him to flip effortlessly from one diametrically opposed opinion to another, but back pedaling is where he shines. Jpoore's opinion is like the weather in the Carolinas; if you don't like it, wait five minutes because it is sure to change.

Weaknesses:

1). Nothing pisses Jpoore off more than quoting him from a week ago.

2). Self imposed deadlines are his kryptonite.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 10:46 AM)dr1441 Wrote: Hold on...... didn't you just tell me in my thread that theres no way that Will Hernandez will be anywhere near our 2nd round pick?  Mellow
I don't believe so. But looking at teams needs, as well as others post combine websites most people, smarter than me, still think he's a late 1- early 2. I'd go lb if Hernandez isn't there.
(02-09-2018, 11:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Solid mock.
Yeah he was a first round lock to begin the season. But I do believe he goes somewhere late 4- early 5. He didn't do much this season compared to last season. He was pretty meh this season. And with a lot of high profile lbs in this class causes him to fall. But he runs a sub 4.4 so he adds much needed speed.
(02-09-2018, 12:47 PM)dr1441 Wrote: Theres no way he makes it to the 5th round. Solid 2nd or 3rd round choose in my opinion. I would love for us to get him in the 2nd honestly. 
There are about 10 lbs that will be picked before him.
(02-09-2018, 07:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Poster analysis:

Name: Jpoore
Year: 2nd year poster
Position: All of them

Strengths: Jpoore has exceptional hip flexibility which allows him to flip effortlessly from one diametrically opposed opinion to another, but back pedaling is where he shines. Jpoore's opinion is like the weather in the Carolinas; if you don't like it, wait five minutes because it is sure to change.

Weaknesses:

1). Nothing pisses Jpoore off more than quoting him from a week ago.

2). Self imposed deadlines are his kryptonite.

Actually nothing pisses me off in general.im very easy going person .
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 08:11 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I don't believe so. But looking at teams needs, as well as others post combine websites most people, smarter than me, still think he's a late 1- early 2. I'd go lb if Hernandez isn't there.
Yeah he was a first round lock to begin the season. But I do believe he goes somewhere late 4- early 5. He didn't do much this season compared to last season. He was pretty meh this season. And with a lot of high profile lbs in this class causes him to fall. But he runs a sub 4.4 so he adds much needed speed.

Two whole weeks ago:

(01-25-2018, 09:22 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Don't think Hernandez is there anywhere near our pick in rd2.

Probably couldn't read your notes resulting in your confusion.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 04:00 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Rd1: Vita vea dt washington

I could get behind this draft as it solidifies both lines.  I think Josey Jewell might be a more realistic target in Rd 5 than Baker.  I'd definitely go with Carlson in Rd 7 if he's available.  
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 08:11 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I don't believe so. But looking at teams needs, as well as others post combine websites most people, smarter than me, still think he's a late 1- early 2. I'd go lb if Hernandez isn't there.

Yea I saw Ohio State coaches reported he ran a 4.37 over the Summer but I still have my doubts he’ll run sub-4.4 at the Combine. Most players run better at their home track compared to Lucas Oil field turf.
If he does though, I think that helps his chances to be drafted in the first three rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2018, 09:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea I saw Ohio State coaches reported he ran a 4.37 over the Summer but I still have my doubts he’ll run sub-4.4 at the Combine. Most players run better at their home track compared to Lucas Oil field turf.
If he does though, I think that helps his chances to be drafted in the first three rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was with Meyer in attendance. I feel it's pretty accurate. Maybe half a tenth of a second  off.  Still talking sub 4.45 speed. It was a bunch of guys doing combine drills in front of Meyer. For instance billy price benched 38 reps? I wanna say it was at 225. Things like that. Jk dobbins posted a 45 inch vert.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 02:57 AM)Jpoore Wrote: That was with Meyer in attendance. I feel it's pretty accurate. Maybe half a tenth of a second  off.  Still talking sub 4.45 speed. It was a bunch of guys doing combine drills in front of Meyer. For instance billy price benched 38 reps? I wanna say it was at 225. Things like that. Jk dobbins posted a 45 inch vert.

Understood, but these runs are also hand-timed IIRC? Not laser-timed like the Combine, right?
All I'm saying is I'm usually skeptical of non-Combine numbers.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 10:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Understood, but these runs are also hand-timed IIRC? Not laser-timed like the Combine, right?
All I'm saying is I'm usually skeptical of non-Combine numbers.

Dosent say one way or the other. Osu has done it both ways in the past. All I'm saying  is he's still super fast for a lber no matter what. Well Wee at the combine but I'm expecting no worse than a mid 4.4
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 01:56 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Dosent say one way or the other. Osu has done it both ways in the past. All I'm saying  is he's still super fast for a lber no matter what. Well Wee at the combine but I'm expecting no worse than a mid 4.4

Perhaps, but I still think that might still be too optimistic.
Looking at the past two years' Combine times for those who ran with LBs, Peppers was the fastest at 4.46 and he was 213 lbs.
The best actual LB time was 4.47, which was Darron Lee in 2016.

Once again, it's possible Baker could be faster than Lee, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Baker reported as a sub-4.4 at Ohio St but run closer to 4.5 at the Combine.
And FWIW, nfldraftscout.com has Baker projected at best-case 4.52 40 time and Walterfootball.com has Baker projected around 4.55 40 time.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1002518&draftyear=2018&genpos=OLB
http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OLB.php
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It takes a full season to get back up to speed coming back from a knee injury and that is even more so when ur 300+ lbs. The bengals know this. They still have high hopes for billings and were happy with glasgow as a rookie. i think we need to add depth to DT either FA or draft but IMO not round 1. Gotta go guard IMO. Guard immediatley gives us a better running game which makes dalton better. Not trying to be negative but u lose me at round 1. just my worthless opininon so who cares right lol
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 02:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Perhaps, but I still think that might still be too optimistic.
Looking at the past two years' Combine times for those who ran with LBs, Peppers was the fastest at 4.46 and he was 213 lbs.

Once again, it's possible Baker could be faster than Lee, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Baker reported as a sub-4.4 at Ohio St but run closer to 4.5 at the Combine.
And FWIW, nfldraftscout.com has Baker projected at best-case 4.52 40 time and Walterfootball.com has Baker projected around 4.55 40 time.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1002518&draftyear=2018&genpos=OLB

No matter what speed that Baker runs, ala track style, he still didn't impress me THAT much on the field.  And, I'm one of the bigger OSU homers on this board..

If you ask me, you need to look at a players worst games. You need to see what he's bad at, and how he deals with it, try's to overcome.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 02:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Perhaps, but I still think that might still be too optimistic.

You would think a scout wouldn't fall for the same hype two years in a row.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 01:56 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Dosent say one way or the other. Osu has done it both ways in the past. All I'm saying  is he's still super fast for a lbser no matter what. Well Wee at the combine but I'm expecting no worse than a mid 4.4

If a Lb like him runs mid 4.4s he wont be available in the 5th.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 08:48 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: It takes a full season to get back up to speed coming back from a knee injury and that is even more so when ur 300+ lbs. The bengals know this. They still have high hopes for billings and were happy with glasgow as a rookie. i think we need to add depth to DT either FA or draft but IMO not round 1. Gotta go guard IMO. Guard immediatley gives us a better running game which makes dalton better. Not trying to be negative but u lose me at round 1. just my worthless opininon so who cares right lol
Not worthless lol. Everyones opinions is what makes this board great. But I got the best guard in the draft in Rd2. I just can't pass on a dontarie Poe type player, but can actually rush the passer as well as a top 10 3-tech. Would t have to wait for Billings to step up, vea is plug and play.
(02-13-2018, 01:48 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If a Lb like him runs mid 4.4s he wont be available in the 5th.
IDK man a lot of good lbs in. This class coming off better seasons. He didn't have a great season this past year. He was a consensus 1st round lock going into the season but he failed expectations.
Reply/Quote