Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Miller’s top 400
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2883386-nfl-draft-400-matt-millers-latest-2020-big-board-with-1-month-to-go

Interesting to look through. He noted on twitter Burrow is the 2nd highest graded QB he has done this decade behind only Luck.
Reply/Quote
98/100 for Burrow? Holy crap haha.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 10:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2883386-nfl-draft-400-matt-millers-latest-2020-big-board-with-1-month-to-go

Interesting to look through. He noted on twitter Burrow is the 2nd highest graded QB he has done this decade behind only Luck.

Nice find.  It's very interesting that many of us have said that we feel this is a good draft for IOL, but he only has 2 IOL prospects rated higher than 80 and none in the 90+ bracket.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 11:46 AM)Whatever Wrote: Nice find.  It's very interesting that many of us have said that we feel this is a good draft for IOL, but he only has 2 IOL prospects rated higher than 80 and none in the 90+ bracket.

I think you have a lot of capable starters inside but not a lot of guys with huge upside. This tackle class on the other hand is the class the league has needed for a couple years now.
Reply/Quote
If Murray and Baun are both there at 33 do you take one of them ?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 01:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If Murray and Baun are both there at 33 do you take one of them ?

I take Murray and let Bynes be a one year stop gap that can help the young room learn. I actually like the edge rushers better than the stack LB's in the class. If you miss on an edge guy there are still some journeymen in FA we can bring in.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 12:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think you have a lot of capable starters inside but not a lot of guys with huge upside. This tackle class on the other hand is the class the league has needed for a couple years now.

I feel like Ruiz is a great fit for us, but there don't seem to be a lot of guys that can pull or get to the second level.  Most guys seem very limited in their scheme fits.
Reply/Quote
Matt Miller has my guy Kenny Robinson 7th on his safety list. He could go alot higher because he's one of the few in the class that can play single high. Robinson also has the best ball skills of the bunch.

If the Bengals didn't have Jeasie Bates I would be pushing for him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 01:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If Murray and Baun are both there at 33 do you take one of them ?

Murray would be a great pick, but I don't think he'll be there.  Baun would be ok if we're transitioning to more of a true 3-4, but he is too undersized to have his hand in the dirt on the LoS a bunch.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 02:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: I feel like Ruiz is a great fit for us, but there don't seem to be a lot of guys that can pull or get to the second level.  Most guys seem very limited in their scheme fits.

The Bengals interior line has been a mess for several years now. Right now they have Trey Hopkins, Michael Jordan, Xavier Su'a-Filo, Billy Price and Alex Redmond...that doesnt inspire a whole lot of confidence.

As I said in my latest mock Cessr Ruiz makes so much sense scheme and age wise. He would be a great building block for the future of the offense line with Jonah Williams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 02:37 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals interior line has been a mess for several years now. Right now they have Trey Hopkins, Michael Jordan, Xavier Su'a-Filo, Billy Price and Alex Redmond...that doesnt inspire a whole lot of confidence.

As I said in my latest mock Cessr Ruiz makes so much sense scheme and age wise. He would be a great building block for the future of the offense line with Jonah Williams.

I love Ruiz.  I sadly doubt he makes it to 33, though.  I also suspect that the coaches like MJ way more than any of us do. Personally, the kid has upside, but has a loooonnng way to go to be even a decent starter.  Another play may be draft a T and kick them inside for a year or two.
Reply/Quote
I truly think they go BPA with their picks. They filled so many immediate holes during free agency. Granted, I don't like a few of the options (Hart, LG, RG) but I think they like what they have. I also feel like they have a decent set of starters (Byrnes and Pratt) at LB.

They truly have opened up the draft for a BPA approach and I think the value will be there for some position (you just never know until the board falls)
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 04:33 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I truly think they go BPA with their picks.  They filled so many immediate holes during free agency.  Granted, I don't like a few of the options (Hart, LG, RG) but I think they like what they have.  I also feel like they have a decent set of starters (Byrnes and Pratt) at LB.

They truly have opened up the draft for a BPA approach and I think the value will be there for some position (you just never know until the board falls)

I feel like 33 is for the guy who never should have fallen out of the first round, if such a thing happens.  Barring that, it will be a BPA pick or a killer trade down that came about from the bidding war that will take place for that pick.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote