Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another one bites the dust
Well, I'm officially over paying for new cell phones. It only took me 60 years to figure out the strategy of planed obsolescence in the tech industry. I've been through 3 new phones in 6 years so they last about 2 years or soon as you pay them off whichever comes first.. My next phone is gonna be an eBay special.. No Doubt About It.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My daughter wanted an iPhone when she was 14. I was afraid she would quickly lose it or break it so I bought her a used one on ebay. It worked perfectly for years.
Reply/Quote
You can get <$100 android phones nowadays. How good are their OS, probably good enough.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 06:01 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You can get <$100 android phones nowadays. How good are their OS, probably good enough.

I have an LG G6.. I'm probably buying a used one for about $79 this week. I'm still paying for the first one though. Luckily t-mobile might pay for the old one to get repaired. I've been a customer now over 5 years and have never missed a payment and never been late..  I'll find out this week.. Might be nice to have a working backup..  I got a 2 fer deal on the original.. The old woman got the other one.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 01:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: I have an LG G6.. I'm probably buying a used one for about $79 this week. I'm still paying for the first one though. Luckily t-mobile might pay for the old one to get repaired. I've been a customer now over 5 years and have never missed a payment and never been late..  I'll find out this week.. Might be nice to have a working backup..  I got a 2 fer deal on the original.. The old woman got the other one.. 

really liked my LG when I had one... then one day it was just a paper weight...  (probly something I did) like playing games...  I find most games on phones causes the phone to overheat.  which greatly reduces its life span.
Reply/Quote
do you have any ideas for phone games? Seems like a lot of money can be made if we make something. I can program, we can get graphics from the unity asset store, we just need a simple addictive idea.
Reply/Quote