Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another prospect just got cheaper..
Peppers with a dilute sample

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802075/article/michigan-safety-jabrill-peppers-tested-positive-for-dilute-sample

The "I was sick, and dehydrated" defense is getting pretty popular.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The NFL's Testing policy definitely makes me shake my head, surprised they don't have another one submitted within 24 hours... Never the less, you are correct his stock will fall a little ways, believe he could go in mid to late second round now
Reply/Quote
Peppers popped for pot. When will these morons learn there is a drug test for the combine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 03:57 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Peppers popped for pot. When will these morons learn there is a drug test for the combine?  

I guess this confirms that he'll be drafted by the Steelers? Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 03:57 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Peppers popped for pot. When will these morons learn there is a drug test for the combine?  

Meh, his explanation sounds feasible.  He did have a cramping issue at Michigan and he did perform 2 sets of drills at the combine. Maximising his hydration to prevent a known cramping issue is reasonable. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here. 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 04:08 PM)Burma Wrote: Meh, his explanation sounds feasible.  He did have a cramping issue at Michigan and he did perform 2 sets of drills at the combine. Maximising his hydration to prevent a known cramping issue is reasonable. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here. 

While what you're saying is technically plausible, I think it doubtful.  It's not like they randomly selected some fat kid from HS gym class and said "ok dude, two sets of drills.  Show us what you got.".  Peppers is a highly conditioned athlete who had been preparing for the combine.  I'm pretty sure that his college at least would have educated him on what to expect, what to do, not to do, in an effort to have a successful combine.

I think it humorous that his alibi is almost verbatim what Reuben Foster said, just last week. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

He was popped for a diluted sample, it is same as testing positive but doesn't mean it was for pot.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 04:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: He was popped for a diluted sample, it is same as testing positive but doesn't mean it was for pot.

I just wanted to say peppers popped for pot. I saw failed drug test in the headline. Didn't see the diluted part.

Generally where there's smoke there's fire. And where there's fire there's generally a lit blunt.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 04:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: He was popped for a diluted sample, it is same as testing positive but doesn't mean it was for pot.

Idk man, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has been onto him for weeks now.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2017/03/06/nfl-mock-draft-2017-steelers-jabrill-peppers-combine/stories/201703060132

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 04:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Idk man, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has been onto him for weeks now.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2017/03/06/nfl-mock-draft-2017-steelers-jabrill-peppers-combine/stories/201703060132

Haha I get it, but I still say it could have been a number of drugs. Pot may be the obvious but with the way things are getting now you never know. If it was only pot I'd say it's less of a red flag than a diluted sample that you don't know what it was.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 04:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: Haha I get it, but I still say it could have been a number of drugs. Pot may be the obvious but with the way things are getting now you never know. If it was only pot I'd say it's less of a red flag than a diluted sample that you don't know what it was.

Good point.  Because if it were pot, he could have just taken the high road and admitted to it.  He could then have went on the offensive, and began promoting himself to the Broncos, Seahawks, or any of the Cali. teams. Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Littering and.....
Littering and.....
Littering and.....
Littering and.....

Smoking the reefer. http://sportshoop.la/images/smilies/giggle.gif

On a serious note, if it was weed, who cares? I'd rather have guys smoke weed than pop pills any day of the week.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
My thoughts on this subject are getting a little hazy.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 04:08 PM)Burma Wrote: Meh, his explanation sounds feasible.  He did have a cramping issue at Michigan and he did perform 2 sets of drills at the combine. Maximising his hydration to prevent a known cramping issue is reasonable. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here. 

how is one dehydrated but hydrated enough to dilute a sample
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 06:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: how is one dehydrated but hydrated enough to dilute a sample

The premise of the claim being that he over re-hydrated, after suffering from extreme dehydration.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 04:32 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I just wanted to say peppers popped for pot.  I saw failed drug test in the headline.  Didn't see the diluted part.

Generally where there's smoke there's fire.  And where there's fire there's generally a lit blunt.  

Peppers Popped For Puffing Pot

Now say it five times fast !
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 05:37 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Littering and.....
Littering and.....
Littering and.....
Littering and.....

Smoking the reefer.  http://sportshoop.la/images/smilies/giggle.gif

On a serious note, if it was weed, who cares?  I'd rather have guys smoke weed than pop pills any day of the week.

I'd rather have a guy smoking weed than drinking alcohol.........  in fact, I'd MUCH rather him smoking weed.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 05:37 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Littering and.....
Littering and.....
Littering and.....
Littering and.....

Smoking the reefer.  http://sportshoop.la/images/smilies/giggle.gif

On a serious note, if it was weed, who cares?  I'd rather have guys smoke weed than pop pills any day of the week.

The big issue is the high rate of repeat offenses for pot heads in the NFL.  We've seen guys like Ricky Williams and Josh Gordon literally smoke themselves out of the league.
Reply/Quote
ouch his stock just fell a bit,
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 09:15 PM)magikod Wrote: ouch his stock just fell a bit,

Literally costing him millions, over the lifetime of his career.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote