Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CALL IT WHAT IT WAS...
(01-10-2016, 03:21 AM)WildCat Wrote: no they didn't. this game was decided by the coaching staff. plain and simple. but we "wanted the steelers" good call.

correct...saying or believing anything else is the fans equivalent to battered spouse syndrome. 

Let the beatings commence!
Reply/Quote
If you're going to call the Gio hit "unfortunate", and then focus on Burfict's sack for 20 minutes, you can't call the Burfict hit. Was it a penalty? Probably by the definition of the rule, but you gotta call things consistently.

Jones penalty was 100% BS. Steelers coach already tried to rip out Nelson's hair, not you got a LB coach in the Bengals huddle while the Steelers offense is on the field? Yeah, BS.

But that's what happens when you play the Steelers. You also have to play the NFL, the Refs, and the Announcers.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:24 AM)Krumie Wrote: I really don't know the rules, but Gio had not made one step forward. No question it was head to head, unlike Burfict's.

Bernard had the ball, Brown didn't.  Only the village idiots were able to lose this.
Reply/Quote
I think ive never been so low and high that quick before. I went from yellling yes i witnessed a playoff victory!! cause it would of taken a play like the bands on the field to lose. Wow didnt think it was possible to lose like that. IMO burfict needs kicked off the team! I hate to say it but marvin needs to go to! If we had a zimmer type coach that more than likely would of not happened cause burfict would know he does that hes either cut next year because of it or would be ridding the pine the rest of the game. We got the type of team that needs a kick in the ass! A rah rah coach like marvin aint working!!! Total lack of discipline in every way. I bet Bob Knight would do a better job than marvin cause he would actually put a foot up there asses! Just think every head case this team has had since 2003 marvin just lets them do what ever they want.. IE punch me at halftime but u still in the rest of the game. Fire marvin, and bring in a Tom Coughlin type of coach please!!! On a lighter note i did punch a steelers fan at the local bar after the game caused he yelled at me who dey, and put his finger in on my forehead pushing hard enough to move my head way back and said we dey, so i laid him out! Im just lucky enough i know the owner so i just got kicked out instead of the law being involved. Made sure though i looked at that pos and yelled fuc* off while the bar workers were pushing me out. Great night!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:24 AM)Krumie Wrote: I really don't know the rules, but Gio had not made one step forward. No question it was head to head, unlike Burfict's.

Head-to-head on a runner is legal, unless you use the crown of the helmet. Using the crown of the helmet in any situation whatsoever is illegal, and Shazier totally used the crown, even if you want to call Gio a runner (he wasn't.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The refs blocked the midfield before the game and then let a Stealer's coach come antagonize Jones. Seriously? It was obvious he wasn't checking on an injured player, he was talking to 5 Bengals. Of course he was trying to draw a foul. The refs just let it happen and then decided the game. Such horseshit. I haven't been more salty after a loss in a long time. They let the Stealer's coaches antagonize the Bengals just to get another call.

Oh, And what about when that other Stealer's coach pulled a Bengal's dreads. Kick him the f**k out! WTF! He's a coach not a player, can't imagine a coach keeping his job after that in most cases. Would have caused a hailstorm in college and a lawsuit in High school leagues. That coach should be ejected, fined and probably unceremoniously fired for attacking a player. No excuses.
Reply/Quote
you dont make that call on burfict at the end of a playoff game like that.

The Refs basically handed the Steelers the game...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:10 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: It was the right call under the rule. It's one of those unfortunate situations where, while I don't think there's anything Burfict could have done, and he was going for a legal hit, the hit was to the head, and they have to call it for player safety. It's unfortunate, and of course it happens to the Bengals, but that's football for you.

Player safety is a joke. I miss the good old days before the NFL became totally pussified and inundated with bogus rules. The more time goes on, the more f-ing rules they add. They're already throwing flags every other play. Pretty soon even tackling will be illegal because of "player safety."
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:07 AM)Adamantium Wrote: Player safety is a joke. I miss the good old days before the NFL became totally pussified and inundated with bogus rules. The more time goes on, the more f-ing rules they add. They're already throwing flags every other play. Pretty soon even tackling will be illegal because of "player safety."

Exactly, its making it really hard to watch and its trickling to college to  i.e the complete bs helmet to chest bosa ejection. In 20yrs welcome to the National Flag Football League were we dont keep score, give every player equal playing time and hand out participation trophies so no one feels left out and gets there feelings hurt. What i dont understand is why they just dont put into players contracts the nfl will not be responsible for any brain issues in the future. Even the lowest paid players make more in a year then i make in 4 if im lucky. Its the risk u take  for making millions off playing a game.
Reply/Quote
Refs didn't hand the game over jeremy hill did
Reply/Quote
Hill fumbled it away for sure but the refs completely broke one off in us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:07 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Nah it was late... Burfict was a dumbass as usual.... the penalty on Jones however, IDK

Consider that it was stated during the beginning of the Chiefs-Texans game that the league informed the officials that they are to not penalize retaliations, rather flag the instigating offense.

An opposing coach entering a defensive huddle and pushing a player is clearly instigating.

And I want to see Burfict released.  He is a total liability at this point.  Marvin used a time out to tell him not to do anything stupid and heated.  Two plays later he does it again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote