Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another violent jaywalker off the street...
http://usuncut.com/news/hes-a-fcking-kid-video-shows-9-cops-arrest-crying-black-teen-for-jaywalking/

Quote:According to Edgar Avendaño who took the video, the victim had barely stepped off of the bus and was just two feet away from the sidewalk when a Stockton officer began to harass him.

The Stockton officer ordered him to sit down as the teen was walking back to the bus, and grabbed his arm. Naturally, the young boy tried to defend himself by pulling the cops arm off of him, and that’s when things got very ugly. As the Stockton cop took out his baton, Edgar began to film the incident.

First the Stockton officer shoves the victim into a brick wall, and then he begins to hit the victim with his baton while screaming “stop resisting!” Also at this time, you can see that the officer’s body camera is on the ground.

People watching nearby can be heard shouting “he’s just a ***** kid!” and “he didn’t do anything wrong!” as the officer continues to abuse the victim.

After the initial assault, the officer orders the victim to the ground, who can be seen holding his extremely injured jaw while crying.

That’s when 8 more cops showed up to finish the brutal arrest. Four of them ganged up on an almost incapacitated young boy who was likely going into shock from his injuries, and slam him to the ground in the most violent fashion possible. The other four were attempting to block Edgar from filming the incident.

After slamming the victim to the ground, the officers yank him up by his handcuffs and drag him to a police vehicle while witnesses watch in horror.

The victim was eventually charged with “Jaywalking,” which is not even a misdemeanor in the state of California.

I'm sure its much safer now.

Crap...now I look like a cop hater again instead of someone who thinks these things should be looked at as way to stop the ones who use excessive violence. Darn it.

OK...if the kids would have just listened to the nice officer maybe he wouldn't have been punched in the face (twice) and then wrestled to the ground. For allegedly "jay walking". (Did I do that right?)

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/video-shows-nine-cops-arrest-crying-black-teen-for-jaywalking/

Quote:Stockton police told VICE News that the 16-year-old teen did not respond to an officer’s request to get out of the bus lane.

“For safety reasons, the officer told the young man to get on the sidewalk,” officer Joseph Silva said. “After the teenager refused to comply and used obscene language, the officer went over and a there was a scuffle.

The videos shows the officer leaning hard on the teen, who is seated on a brick landscaping wall. The officer then uses the baton to pin the teen’s ankles against his body as bystanders urge him to stop.

“It’s a f**cking kid!” a bystander yells. “Get off him, he’s been jaywalking. Leave him alone, he didn’t do anything wrong.”

The officer repeatedly orders the teen to stop resisting as the teen writhes in pain from having the baton pinned against his ankles.

The teen eventually sits up and tries to push the baton away from his legs, and the officer swings it twice at the teen’s face.

“Get the f*ck off of him, it’s a f*cking kid,” a bystander yells.

The officer backs up and orders the teen, who sits on the wall holding his injured jaw, to get on the ground.

Eight other officers begin arriving at that point, and they lift the teen up and walk him several feet away from the wall before slamming the teen onto the sidewalk.

Four officers then pile on top of the teen and pin him to the ground before handcuffing him, as the other four officer stand guard and attempt to block the Avendaño’s camera angle.

The officers pull the handcuffed teen to his feet, and the teen sobs as he’s led to a patrol car as the bystander continues yelling at officers.

“That’s a f*cking kid, he didn’t do nothing wrong,” she says. “Call his f*cking mama.”

Under California law, jaywalking is an infraction, not a misdemeanor, carrying fines up to $191.

Stockton police said situation is under review.

Maybe he's a black Ted Bundy? :snark:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Few things.

Without the start of the video, it's kind of one-sided. Any time you watch someone hitting someone else, it's going to look one-sided.

The kid may have been a kid. He's still bigger than any of the cops from the look of it.

If you're aggressive to a cop, he's going to be aggressive back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
As much as I crusade against excessive force used by police people have to understand that they can not resist arrest. Here is the dumbets line from the story

Naturally, the young boy tried to defend himself by pulling the cops arm off of him,

There is nothing "natural" about resisting a police officer. This type of perception is what makes the problem worse.

For example, what if this guy just happened to fit the description of someone the police were looking for on other charges?

You never win by resisting arrest. Some police violate peoples rights. I don't think anyone here will deny that. If the police violate your rights the only way to win is in a courtroom. You can't try to fight them on the streets or resist their orders.
(09-17-2015, 04:34 PM)Benton Wrote: Few things.

Without the start of the video, it's kind of one-sided. Any time you watch someone hitting someone else, it's going to look one-sided.

The kid may have been a kid. He's still bigger than any of the cops from the look of it.

If you're aggressive to a cop, he's going to be aggressive back.

Agreed.  I wonder though was it worth it to physically restrain someone who was jaywalking?  And then hit him twice in the face because he "resisted".

Quote:Under California law, jaywalking is an infraction, not a misdemeanor, carrying fines up to $191.
(09-17-2015, 04:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: Agreed.  I wonder though was it worth it to physically restrain someone who was jaywalking?  And then hit him twice in the face because he "resisted".

He was not restrained or hit for jaywalking.  He was restrained and hit for resisting an officers orders.  The officer did not club him down in the street for jaywalking.

Without seeing the beginning of what happened it is impossible to see if the officer was reasonable or not.  All I know from watching the video is that the guy refused to comply with the officers orders.
(09-17-2015, 04:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was not restrained or hit for jaywalking.  He was restrained and hit for resisting an officers orders.  The officer did not club him down in the street for jaywalking.

Without seeing the beginning of what happened it is impossible to see if the officer was reasonable or not.  All I know from watching the video is that the guy refused to comply with the officers orders.

Again agreed.  But they didn't charge him with anything buy jaywalking?  Why would he be being pinned if he did nothing but not do what the officer said immediately?

I see an officer striking a citizen in the face, twice, for "resisting" and then five officers taking him to the ground.  But he was big for his age so I that's OK.

Edit: This is what happens with video. Imagine what has happened without it? Maybe the officers video will be released and we'll see the beginning. Maybe the guy deserved to be hit, twice, in the face and then have four officers take him down. He must have done something pretty bad.

Or just not listened to the police fast enough.
(09-17-2015, 04:56 PM)GMDino Wrote:  Why would he be being pinned if he did nothing but not do what the officer said immediately?

Because there was a physical confrontation.  When the officer grabbed the guy's arm he physically resisted.  If you lay your hands on a police officer you are subject to be taken down.  Once you are taken down if you continue to resist you will get hit with a baton.
You cannot tell if this is excessive without the Seeing the rest of the issue. One thing is certain...that kid was resisting. Irony see anything excessive in the video.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(09-17-2015, 05:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because there was a physical confrontation.  When the officer grabbed the guy's arm he physically resisted.  If you lay your hands on a police officer you are subject to be taken down.  Once you are taken down if you continue to resist you will get hit with a baton.

What about when an officer lays his hands on YOU?

Just because the officer tells you to do something doesn't mean he can physically grab you if you don't respond fast enough for him does it?
I'm about as law abiding as one can be and I'm telling if an officer grabbed my arm and I didn't think I did anything I'd for damn sure pull away.  So I should be restrained and hit twice in the face?

The guy could have ran after getting hit in the face, twice.  Instead he sat there.  Clearly he was trying to resist.

And whether he resisted or not I think the officer took it too far.
(09-17-2015, 06:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: What about when an officer lays his hands on YOU?

Just because the officer tells you to do something doesn't mean he can physically grab you if you don't respond fast enough for him does it?
I'm about as law abiding as one can be and I'm telling if an officer grabbed my arm and I didn't think I did anything I'd for damn sure pull away.  So I should be restrained and hit twice in the face?

The guy could have ran after getting hit in the face, twice.  Instead he sat there.  Clearly he was trying to resist.

In this instance, that's an assumption.

The officer claims he told the kid to get out of the street, the kid didn't and responded with obscenities.

Obscenities can be seen as a form of aggression and cops will typically respond to it with more aggression.
(09-17-2015, 06:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm about as law abiding as one can be and I'm telling if an officer grabbed my arm and I didn't think I did anything I'd for damn sure pull away.  So I should be restrained and hit twice in the face?

You would be stupid.  

What if you happen to fit the description of a dangerous felon the police are looking for?

What if the officer is trying to stop you from walking into a dangerous situation that you do not know about?

You are not allowed to judge what an officer does because you may not have all the information.  If an officer does violate your rights then you have to fight it in court, not on the streets.

In this case I assume that the officer was going to write a citation, and a person is not allowed to avoid a citation by just walking away from an officer.

And, finally, have you ever known of anyone who did something wrong, but in his head it was not wrong?  Should those people be allowed to decide what an officer can and cannot do?
(09-17-2015, 04:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: As much as I crusade against excessive force used by police people have to understand that they can not resist arrest.  Here is the dumbets line from the story

Naturally, the young boy tried to defend himself by pulling the cops arm off of him,

There is nothing "natural" about resisting a police officer.  This type of perception is what makes the problem worse.  

For example, what if this guy just happened to fit the description of someone the police were looking for on other charges?  

You never win by resisting arrest.  Some police violate peoples rights.  I don't think anyone here will deny that.   If the police violate your rights the only way to win is in a courtroom.  You can't try to fight them on the streets or resist their orders.

This....so much this.....

(09-17-2015, 04:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again agreed.  But they didn't charge him with anything buy jaywalking?  Why would he be being pinned if he did nothing but not do what the officer said immediately?

I see an officer striking a citizen in the face, twice, for "resisting" and then five officers taking him to the ground.  But he was big for his age so I that's OK.

Edit:  This is what happens with video.  Imagine what has happened without it?  Maybe the officers video will be released and we'll see the beginning.  Maybe the guy deserved to be hit, twice, in the face and then have four officers take him down.  He must have done something pretty bad.

Or just not listened to the police fast enough.

They did him a favor. They really could have charged him with assaulting an officer and resisting arrest.

(09-17-2015, 06:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: What about when an officer lays his hands on YOU?

As has been already stated, we didn't see the beginning of the event, so we may be missing context.
Without that, we can only go on what we see.
The kid was being held down with the baton.
The cop let off a little, then the kid tried to wrestle the baton away.
The cop shifted the baton from side to side in an effort to loosen the kids grip on it.
The officer MAY have intended on busting the kid in the chops with it, while doing so (tough call).
Regardless, the officer sheathed the baton immediately after the bout for it.
The officer then checked the kid's hands to make sure no illegal drugs were being ingested, that may have been taken from a pocket while his attention diverted to sheathing the baton.
He checks for the same thing again, after taking a moment to recover his body camera.
(this is a shame that they have to worry about the cam to defend themselves, taking their attention off of the situation)
After he is sure there is no weapons or contraband, he is content to wait until backup arrives.

Now.... this is where I agree with you.
I do not see the need for several cops to subdue the kid to the ground.
With that many officers there, I just don't see the need.
The only way it is justified is if the kid had his hand in his pocket and seemed a threat.
Yes he should have completely complied, but that was excessive.
Also, did you notice the other officer's training kick in to block the cell phone footage ?

A strange age we live in.
:snark:

Additional thought: After watching it another time, I'm going to say the bus driver made a call, before the kid got off of the bus.
Am I right in thinking the chick with the reflective vest (in the beginning) is the bus driver ?
She looks like she's enjoying the situation, along with her cigarette.
I think there is a lot more preceding this video.

And that seems to be one of the biggest problems we are seeing and cops are facing nowadays.  No one thinks they did anything wrong and don't think they need to listen to the cops.  Being defiant and antagonizing the cops can only end up bad for you. Just listen and cooperate, you're more likely to get out of the small petty shit with a warning.  
Once again, we have an ugly episode that could have been completely avoided, had the young man simply followed the officers original directive...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
The video didn't match the story.
The exaggerated accounts of police misbehavior, to which there was none, clearly written buy a cop hater.

Someone needed to put that beyotch out of her misery that kept yelling "he's only a kid".
After all, if Obama had a son...
(09-17-2015, 05:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because there was a physical confrontation.  When the officer grabbed the guy's arm he physically resisted.  If you lay your hands on a police officer you are subject to be taken down.  Once you are taken down if you continue to resist you will get hit with a baton.

A citizen is allowed by law to defend himself against unlawful arrest or detainment. If everything in this article is true, then that officer is guilty of assault at minimum, whereas the citizen has a right to defend himself. 

'take the beating and win in court' is a defeatist point of view. Sometimes ( often ) violence begets violence. It's the only tactic that even ( some ) cops respond to. They are not above the the law. 

I fear sooner, rather than later, this is all going to come to a head. Police officers must, must, must, find a better way. 
(09-17-2015, 07:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Once again, we have an ugly episode that could have been completely avoided, had the young man simply followed the officers original directive...

Look, I don't know what happened to trigger this incident. But the police are not above the law and can't go around giving unlawful orders. It's our duty as citizens to ensure they can't do this. Otherwise we've lost our way. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(09-17-2015, 07:37 PM)crispy Wrote: And that seems to be one of the biggest problems we are seeing and cops are facing nowadays.  No one thinks they did anything wrong and don't think they need to listen to the cops.  Being defiant and antagonizing the cops can only end up bad for you. Just listen and cooperate, you're more likely to get out of the small petty shit with a warning.  

You've been defeated.

This mentality is not what this country is about. 

I don't know what the answers are and I agree citizens need to wisen(?) up, but man, so does the fücking law, they're expected to and are rightfully held to a higher standard. It comes with the job.

Don't harass people over dumb shit. It's simple.   
For Educational Purposes:

https://youtu.be/uj0mtxXEGE8
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-17-2015, 06:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You would be stupid.  

What if you happen to fit the description of a dangerous felon the police are looking for?

What if the officer is trying to stop you from walking into a dangerous situation that you do not know about?

You are not allowed to judge what an officer does because you may not have all the information.  If an officer does violate your rights then you have to fight it in court, not on the streets.

In this case I assume that the officer was going to write a citation, and a person is not allowed to avoid a citation by just walking away from an officer.

And, finally, have you ever known of anyone who did something wrong, but in his head it was not wrong?  Should those people be allowed to decide what an officer can and cannot do?

(09-17-2015, 07:37 PM)crispy Wrote: And that seems to be one of the biggest problems we are seeing and cops are facing nowadays.  No one thinks they did anything wrong and don't think they need to listen to the cops.  Being defiant and antagonizing the cops can only end up bad for you. Just listen and cooperate, you're more likely to get out of the small petty shit with a warning.  

Sorry.  Just because the officer tells me to do something he can't simply grab my arm...or anything else.

And, again, even as a law abiding citizen who is always respectful when talking to the police if one wanted to physically do something to me and I had done nothing I would pull my arm away.  Period.

If my reaction to his action constitutes "resisting arrest" (when there isn't even any indication what someone is being "arrested" for) then we have big problems.

Badge, gun, no badge, you can't be okay with officer grabbing citizens (and who knows why) and if the citizen reacts he's facing a charge.

Tell me I'm under arrest...I won't physically try to avoid being touched.  Just come up to me and tell me something and try to lay hands on me?  Completely different. Being a police officer doesn't give the freedom to do whatever you want and THEN claim they were resisting in my book.

And that is not "I didn't do nuthin'"...that's human nature.