Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another violent jaywalker off the street...
(09-17-2015, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For Educational Purposes:

https://youtu.be/uj0mtxXEGE8

Right back atcha...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-17-2015, 09:00 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote:  But the police are not above the law and can't go around giving unlawful orders. It's our duty as citizens to ensure they can't do this. Otherwise we've lost our way. 

I agree.  I a well aware of the problem of abuse of power by police.  But you can not fight them in the street.  You have to do it in court.
(09-17-2015, 09:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sorry.  Just because the officer tells me to do something he can't simply grab my arm...or anything else.

And, again, even as a law abiding citizen who is always respectful when talking to the police if one wanted to physically do something to me and I had done nothing I would pull my arm away.  Period.

If my reaction to his action constitutes "resisting arrest" (when there isn't even any indication what someone is being "arrested" for) then we have big problems.

Badge, gun, no badge, you can't be okay with officer grabbing citizens (and who knows why) and if the citizen reacts he's facing a charge.

Tell me I'm under arrest...I won't physically try to avoid being touched.  Just come up to me and tell me something and try to lay hands on me?  Completely different. Being a police officer doesn't give the freedom to do whatever you want and THEN claim they were resisting in my book.

And that is not "I didn't do nuthin'"...that's human nature.   

You are correct.
I made the assumption that he was being placed under arrest, when I had nothing to verify it as such.
Being told you are makes a lot of difference.
It is still dumb to make anything remotely near a quick move, when dealing with police.

I still say that something happened, on the bus.
Perhaps someone on the bus intended on filing charges, called the cops, but decided to drop them due to the altercation and choosing to stay out of the limelight ?
(09-17-2015, 09:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: Right back atcha...

Exactly the point. He didn't resist and there was no escalation.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-17-2015, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly the point. He didn't resist and there was no escalation.

And now he should be able to sue the ever-lovin' dogsnot out of that officer.
ThumbsUp
(09-17-2015, 09:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree.  I a well aware of the problem of abuse of power by police.  But you can not fight them in the street.  You have to do it in court.

If you live long enough.  Smirk

(09-17-2015, 09:28 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You are correct.
I made the assumption that he was being placed under arrest, when I had nothing to verify it as such.
Being told you are makes a lot of difference.
It is still dumb to make anything remotely near a quick move, when dealing with police.

I still say that something happened, on the bus.
Perhaps someone on the bus intended on filing charges, called the cops, but decided to drop them due to the altercation and choosing to stay out of the limelight ?

Lots of variables to a situation I just can't see the need for what was done.  If he wanted to "resist" he had time to jump up and run after he was hit in the face...twice.

And I've been pulled over a few times.  Usually for speeding (four times to be exact) and once for a burned out headlight and once for a burned out light above the rear plate on my wife's car.  I am always calm and keep both hands on the wheel after putting the window down.  I always ask for permission to reach for the registration and proof of insurance.

I'm not stupid.  Tongue

My favorite was the last time.  My wife and I were coming back from another couple's home where we had been shooting the breeze until late int he night.  I went through a yellow light at about 1 am and the officer was sitting at the red light at the cross road.  While I was talking to the officer his partner came up the other side of the car and started shining his light in the back seat and on my wife.

I hadn't had anything to drink all night and they sent us with a warning about the plate light (which I didn't even realize the car had until then).  We laughed all the way home that they thought they got some kids out speeding around drunk and they got Ozzie and Harriet on their way home after some tea and cake!

(09-17-2015, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly the point. He didn't resist and there was no escalation.

Yes.  That was exactly the point. Because "escalation" would be caving his head in. Rolleyes
(09-17-2015, 09:34 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: And now he should be able to sue the ever-lovin' dogsnot out of that officer.
ThumbsUp

Absolutely. 

(09-17-2015, 09:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes.  That was exactly the point. Because "escalation" would be caving his head in. Rolleyes

or worse. 

(09-17-2015, 09:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sorry.  Just because the officer tells me to do something he can't simply grab my arm...or anything else.

If you don't do what he says then he absolutely can.

(09-17-2015, 09:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: And, again, even as a law abiding citizen who is always respectful when talking to the police if one wanted to physically do something to me and I had done nothing I would pull my arm away.  Period.

You are out of touch with reality if you think that everyone who claims "I did nothing wrong" actually did nothing wrong.  Criminals have a long list of justifications for their criminal behavior.  

And sometime even innocent people are trying to go somewhere they are not allowed to without even knowing it.

We can't just let every citizen decide when he has "done something wrong".
(09-17-2015, 09:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: If you live long enough.  Smirk

So you think you have a better chance of survival by fighting the police in the street instead of cooperating?

You are quite the expert on these police shootings and killings.  How many of them occurred when the citizen was 100% cooperating with the police?  And how many people claimed they would have bveen killed by the police but survived because they fought against them?

Dammit. I am forced to agree with bfine.

This is exactly how a person should handle the situation when he is innocent.  He doesn't get killed and he gets to go to court to get justice against the police.
(09-17-2015, 04:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://usuncut.com/news/hes-a-fcking-kid-video-shows-9-cops-arrest-crying-black-teen-for-jaywalking/

I'm sure its much safer now.

Crap...now I look like a cop hater again instead of someone who thinks these things should be looked at as way to stop the ones who use excessive violence.  Darn it.

OK...if the kids would have just listened to the nice officer maybe he wouldn't have been punched in the face (twice) and then wrestled to the ground.  For allegedly "jay walking".  (Did I do that right?)

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/video-shows-nine-cops-arrest-crying-black-teen-for-jaywalking/

Maybe he's a black Ted Bundy? :snark:

Probably some punk ass that did exactly what the police said and mouthed off to the officer when he told him to get out of the street. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(09-17-2015, 04:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: Agreed.  I wonder though was it worth it to physically restrain someone who was jaywalking?  And then hit him twice in the face because he "resisted".

Have you seen video that shows that? He was only jaywalking, and the cop was a power hungry jackass that doesn't care about laws and government?

Or are you just taking the word of the story that the poor kid got knocked around by some power hungry cop for no reason?

I bet i know what the answer is. :)

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(09-17-2015, 10:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Have you seen video that shows that? He was only jaywalking, and the cop was a power hungry jackass that doesn't care about laws and government?

Or are you just taking the word of the story that the poor kid got knocked around by some power hungry cop for no reason?

No, you don't.  Remember, Dino doesn't hate the cops, he just starts a thread about how much they suck every day.  

Gmdino is to law enforcement as St. Lucie is to planned parenthood.
(09-17-2015, 11:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, you don't.  Remember, Dino doesn't hate the cops, he just starts a thread about how much they suck every day.  

Speaking of St. Lucie, I wonder if he is on his fake honeymoon?  He posted less than 40 times this week.  He posted over 220 times the week he got fake married.
(09-18-2015, 12:59 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Speaking of St. Lucie, I wonder if he is on his fake honeymoon?  He posted less than 40 times this week.  He posted over 220 times the week he got fake married.

It is unsettling that you track this.  

(09-18-2015, 01:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It is unsettling that you track this.  

I don't track it.  The board documents everything you write and when you write it.  If I want to know what you wrote or when you wrote it all I have to do is use the search feature.  It's "sad" you find a search function "unsettling."

It is unsettling you nominated him to be a moderator.
(09-17-2015, 09:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you don't do what he says then he absolutely can.

You are out of touch with reality if you think that everyone who claims "I did nothing wrong" actually did nothing wrong.  Criminals have a long list of justifications for their criminal behavior.  

And sometime even innocent people are trying to go somewhere they are not allowed to without even knowing it.

We can't just let every citizen decide when he has "done something wrong".

Not what I said in the slightest in either post where I said no cop can touch me if I did nothing wrong.  I simply used the example of what *I* would do and how I'd be damned well within my rights.  

(09-17-2015, 09:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you think you have a better chance of survival by fighting the police in the street instead of cooperating?

You are quite the expert on these police shootings and killings.  How many of them occurred when the citizen was 100% cooperating with the police?  And how many people claimed they would have bveen killed by the police but survived because they fought against them?

I do not.  I did not say fight the police.  But they have no right to manhandle citizens who simply didn't comply well enough for their liking.

(09-17-2015, 09:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dammit.  I am forced to agree with bfine.

This is exactly how a person should handle the situation when he is innocent.  He doesn't get killed and he gets to go to court to get justice against the police.

Kinda hard to resist when you're jumped and cuffed before you know what's going on.  Smirk

But the video was posted to show how sometime, maybe, just possibly, officers can go a little-wee-bit overboard with their "hands on  approach" to taking in this violent criminals just standing on the street.  Rolleyes

(09-17-2015, 10:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Probably some punk ass that did exactly what the police said and mouthed off to the officer when he told him to get out of the street. 

Oh no!  Someone mouthed off?  Is that two hits to the face before or after trying to pin him down?  

Someone else echoes the sentiment that officers need to be held to a higher standard of self control in these situations.  They are to be trained to handle them.  Sadly some are not and we have events that look really bad for the police.

(09-17-2015, 10:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Have you seen video that shows that? He was only jaywalking, and the cop was a power hungry jackass that doesn't care about laws and government?

All I have seen is an officer aggressively hitting someone who was not running and was doing the human nature thing of defending himself from being pinned by a baton.  What he did to justify that will come out I'm sure.  But as of now all he's been charged with is...jaywalking.  Not resisting. Not doing anything on the bus.  Not "mouthing off".

(09-17-2015, 11:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, you don't.  Remember, Dino doesn't hate the cops, he just starts a thread about how much they suck every day.  

SSF is now SSM.  Selective memory man.

I honestly don't care if you think I hate cops.  Seriously.  You're some dude (I assume) on a message board.  No more that I care that since you say you work in law enforcement and one time you said a LEO didn't do something right that means you are "fair and balanced" when it comes to the police.

This board is for discussion.  I started one based on my thought that the police need to handle their interaction with citizens better than what we have seen with the increase in videos.  Are there good ones?  Sure there are!  Lots of nice stories about police doing great things.  But that doesn't mean you ignore the bad ones and try to weed out as many as you can.  Unless you have your head in the sand.  Will there always be bad cops?  Of course there will.  Its a profession that attracts people who want to be in control of situations and do "good".  The problem will always be that officer who thinks "good" means get a minority off the street no matter what they were doing, or manhandling "criminals" because they "deserve it".

If you don't want to talk about the situations where cops go overboard, or you don't think they ever do because there is always a justification in your mind that's fine with me.  But please stop taking every time I, or someone else, makes an post showing police with potentially bad behavior so personally.  You might be a great officer (or whatever you do in the field)  but that doesn't stop the conversation.

Rock On
(09-18-2015, 07:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not what I said in the slightest in either post where I said no cop can touch me if I did nothing wrong.  I simply used the example of what *I* would do and how I'd be damned well within my rights.  

Except you would not be within your rights even if you did think you did nothing wrong.  

The law is clear.  If you don't do what the police say then you can not resist.  This is because it is possible the officer has information that you do not.  For example, what if you happen to fit the description of a criminal they are looking for?  In those cases the police are allowed to detain you for investigation even if you have done nothing wrong.
(09-18-2015, 07:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: SSF is now SSM.  Selective memory man.

Shouldn't that be SMM?

Quote:I honestly don't care if you think I hate cops.  Seriously.  You're some dude (I assume) on a message board.  No more that I care that since you say you work in law enforcement and one time you said a LEO didn't do something right that means you are "fair and balanced" when it comes to the police.

An incredibly inaccurate depiction of past events, i.e. busines as usual from you.

Quote:This board is for discussion.  I started one based on my thought that the police need to handle their interaction with citizens better than what we have seen with the increase in videos.  Are there good ones?  Sure there are!  Lots of nice stories about police doing great things.  But that doesn't mean you ignore the bad ones and try to weed out as many as you can.  Unless you have your head in the sand.  Will there always be bad cops?  Of course there will.  Its a profession that attracts people who want to be in control of situations and do "good".  The problem will always be that officer who thinks "good" means get a minority off the street no matter what they were doing, or manhandling "criminals" because they "deserve it".

You're right, the board is for discussion.  When one of our members obsesses on a single topic we tend to discuss that.  Just like St. Lucie obsesses over planned parenthood you obsess over law enforcement and take every opportunity to bash them.  You even had to apologize for yet another example of knee jerk blaming of law enforcement, going so far as to deny video evidence that showed a person pointing a gun at law enforcement.  I'll further point out that you were the only poster who didn't see the video evidence for what it was and you were adamant in your stance.  I don't have to claim a single thing in regards to you and this topic, your history speaks, loudly, for itself.

Quote:If you don't want to talk about the situations where cops go overboard, or you don't think they ever do because there is always a justification in your mind that's fine with me.  But please stop taking every time I, or someone else, makes an post showing police with potentially bad behavior so personally.  You might be a great officer (or whatever you do in the field)  but that doesn't stop the conversation.

Yet another inaccurate depiction of past discussion, i.e. business as usual for you.  BTW, you're the only one I have this issue with, just you.  That alone should tell you something.  So feel free to continue, just don't expect me to not call you out for your obsessive bullshit.