Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anthem Protest Bengals
Jerry Jones told his team would fire any one that kneeled
(08-22-2017, 10:44 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: Jerry Jones told his team would fire any one that kneeled

I saw that and was going to post it but I think some players wouldn't mind being cut.

In Dallas, there's very few teams or places, if any, that a player would rather go to.
(08-22-2017, 01:32 PM)McC Wrote: The thing they are protesting is the thing that gives them the right to do so. Weird, huh?
The national anthem, nor the flag give any rights. Its symbolic. Are we gonna grab the pitchforks the next time someone doesn't light any fireworks or cook out on the 4th of July? How about if they stand for the anthem but dont take their hat off? Where do you draw the line? Dictating other's patriotism is a dangerous game, and one I'm disturbed that people so thoughtlessly do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Keep your stupid politics out of football. Kneeling for the anthem isn't going to change anything except for ticket sales. I watch the sport to get away from shit like that.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Pfft. I've been sitting through the national anthem and the pledge of allegiance since high school. And I can guarantee the people who get the angriest about this kind of crap are guilty of sitting on more than a few occasions.
SMH......what would Cotton say?

[Image: 4786752+_00f477ada01b02be71b933bb47a2d51d.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

(08-23-2017, 02:55 AM)treee Wrote: The national anthem, nor the flag give any rights. Its symbolic. Are we gonna grab the pitchforks the next time someone doesn't light any fireworks or cook out on the 4th of July? How about if they stand for the anthem but dont take their hat off? Where do you draw the line? Dictating other's patriotism is a dangerous game, and one I'm disturbed that people so thoughtlessly do.

Hell yes we are!!!!!!!

(08-22-2017, 10:15 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Freedom to kneel should be reason enough to stand.

Bingo
(08-22-2017, 01:14 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: How will you feel if Bengal Players start kneeling during the Anthem?  

(Sorry if this has been posted)
If they do it, I'm staging my own protest by boycotting the Bengals for a year.  If they keep doing it, I'm done.  My uncle died in Vietnam.  My husband served 20 years in the military.  We need to respect our country.  I don't give a crap if anyone agrees with me or not.  If they do it, I'm done.
(08-22-2017, 10:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Rep:

If I could, I would. 

I got him for ya b. :andy:

(08-22-2017, 08:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Military does not play the National Anthem before they go to work. 

Uh, yes they do.  I'm sitting on a military base as we speak.  And people stop, even in their cars, while the anthem is played. The raise the flag and play the anthem in the morning, and then again at night.
(08-23-2017, 03:37 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Keep your stupid politics out of football. Kneeling for the anthem isn't going to change anything except for ticket sales. I watch the sport to get away from shit like that.

Pretty much my sentiment as well. I watch our football and world football (soccer) to escape for a few hours at a time. Now if they were kneeling to protest civil rights injustices by the NFL itself, ok, I get it. But they aren't, and I am going to simply ignore it. Start tuning in right at kickoff, and turn off any sports talk show the moment they talk about it, things like that. 

Because in my opinion, they can all go **** off about it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(08-23-2017, 02:55 AM)treee Wrote: The national anthem, nor the flag give any rights. Its symbolic. Are we gonna grab the pitchforks the next time someone doesn't light any fireworks or cook out on the 4th of July? How about if they stand for the anthem but dont take their hat off? Where do you draw the line? Dictating other's patriotism is a dangerous game, and one I'm disturbed that people so thoughtlessly do.

I hope not because I don't set off or go to see fireworks anymore. My dogs flip out when fireworks go off, so I try to avoid them at all costs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(08-22-2017, 10:15 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Freedom to kneel should be reason enough to stand.

Well said. 

Repped you
(08-23-2017, 11:24 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I hope not because I don't set off or go to see fireworks anymore. My dogs flip out when fireworks go off, so I try to avoid them at all costs.

[Image: c9b.gif]

(08-22-2017, 07:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've been pretty fascinated by people's reaction to this more than anything.  It's just my personal belief, but I feel like we spend too much time worrying about respecting "the flag" and not enough time respecting the actual land, air, water, and people that make up this country.  You never see someone tell a guy who just threw his Bic Mac wrapper or a cigarette butt on the ground to pick it up because veterans fought for this country and that's disrespectful.  Did people fight for this country or fight for the flag?  Is that why it's a slap in the face to veterans if you burn the flag but no one worries about the veterans' feelings when we poison the water or air?  I know, hippie stuff.  Save the earth and all that crap.

Best response in this entire thread.  Kneeling for the pledge/anthem does not effect me.  If people in this country cared as much about the land itself, and the people inside of it, the people who serve it (like actually cared not saying so and putting a bumper sticker on your car) as they do  some idealistic materialization of patriotism and symbolism then we would be much better off.   

Be PROUD of your country by taking care of it, not the *idea* of it.
:andy:
It's just such a pathetic gesture.  They're changing nothing.  I'll just kneel here cuz I'm too lazy to stand up and cause any real change.  I can look like I'm involved without actually being involved.  The league is filled with guys out there doing great work anonymously.  But it's these clowns who get all the attention.  Trying to make it something noble is just a load of crap.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(08-23-2017, 09:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: SMH......what would Cotton say?

[Image: 4786752+_00f477ada01b02be71b933bb47a2d51d.jpg]

lol
(08-23-2017, 10:06 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If they do it, I'm staging my own protest by boycotting the Bengals for a year.  If they keep doing it, I'm done.  My uncle died in Vietnam.  My husband served 20 years in the military.  We need to respect our country.  I don't give a crap if anyone agrees with me or not.  If they do it, I'm done.

Thank you for your response.  
(08-22-2017, 01:26 PM)thegimp Wrote: Who gives a shit?  I watch football for entertainment, not anyone's politics.

I don't care either. I admire both Tim Tebow and Colin Kaepernick. I think they're good people in different ways. But in the end, Bengals football is just brain-candy for me. It's fun. When it stops being fun, I'll quit watching. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.