Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anthony Collins
(10-27-2016, 10:06 AM)corpjet Wrote: I was just thinking of what happened to Anthony Collins the other day, I knew he was released in Tampa but thought someone would take a flyer on him, obviously thats not the case, as mentioned above he's probably a scientologist living in Clearwater now!

Yea and he probably goes by the name "Cupcakes" Collins.   
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 09:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Collins played plenty of RT too, particularly in the first half of his career. If he were in shape and ready, I'd say he'd be at least worth a workout. That said, I think Winston is a solid backup. An old pro with plenty of starting experience.

You also have to remember that Collins apparently burned bridges here with the team.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 04:21 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: You also have to remember that Collins apparently burned bridges here with the team.

I was actually going to bring that up, but I couldn't remember for sure, and I still don't remember what happened.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 08:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was actually going to bring that up, but I couldn't remember for sure, and I still don't remember what happened.

I don't know about everything he might have done, but I do recall that he pretty much refused to play OG when we had 2 decent OTs but were desperate for an OG.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 12:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: In Ogbuihi's defense he told Hobson he's doing better...He ONLY gave up 2 sacks against (cough) Cleveland which is exactly the same as having a great game in 8th grade intramural kickball..
Have you ever noticed whenever a player stinks they tell us how athletic they ? When they say you're athletic it pretty much equates to something not good . 

Its like a friend telling you, She has a great personality.
Reply/Quote
If we're on the prowl for ex-Bengals OTs, I think both Reid Fragel and Tanner Hawkinson aren't on a team currently. I am sort of surprised we don't have an OT on the practice squad (we have a couple of Gs in Trey Hopkins and Alex Redmond).

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 08:34 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: If we're on the prowl for ex-Bengals OTs, I think both Reid Fragel and Tanner Hawkinson aren't on a team currently. I am sort of surprised we don't have an OT on the practice squad (we have a couple of Gs in Trey Hopkins and Alex Redmond).

Hopkins can play OT, atleast according to Lapham and he has long arms.

Might be the fall back.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 08:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was actually going to bring that up, but I couldn't remember for sure, and I still don't remember what happened.

I know the coaches weren't happy with him refusing to move to guard. I also believe the team was ticked about the Jerome Simpson incident, with the weed.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 08:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know about everything he might have done, but I do recall that he pretty much refused to play OG when we had 2 decent OTs but were desperate for an OG.

(10-28-2016, 04:11 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I know the coaches weren't happy with him refusing to move to guard. I also believe the team was ticked about the Jerome Simpson incident, with the weed.

Might explain why we didn't bring him back when Tampa dropped him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote