Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anthony Gordon??
This dude is billed as the next Pat Mahomes? You've got to be kidding me. As far as I've seen, in his rivalry game v. Washington, he has none of the qualities that have been built up about him by the media. Frankly, it looks like he should have stayed in Junior College..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The longer I watch this guy, the more I want to change the channel..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Never heard of him
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 11:44 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Never heard of him

For good reason.  But, all of a sudden, this clown pops up on people's draft radar as a 2nd round pick.  After watching him tonight, I think he goes undrafted.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I was watching both Gordon and Eason this game. Eason like Herbert has a great arm but his completion percentage needs work. Gordon had a good completion percentage but 62 attempts is too much for any QB. I also think Gordon had a bad left ankle. Watching Eason, he should go back to school another year. He simply is not polished enough.

A look at the QBs:
Tua-injured.
Herbert- great arm, folds under pressure, doesn't have leadership
Eason- great arm unpolished not very accurate. But damn what an arm.
Gordon- a smallish QB with limited arm strength.
Love-inaccurate but has the tools
Newman- may be a sleeper pick
Mond- Needs another year but I like this kid

Burrow-Born to be a Bengal. Manning-Brady wrapped into one. Proven for one year.

As much as I like Young, Burrow should be the pick. I want to watch him in the CFP though. If he holds it together, he is the best option at QB for Bengals but will need some OL changes.

I think the Bengals may keep Glenn and move him to LG. If Williams is solid at LT, then it means the Bengals only need a RT and RG and WR out of this draft to help Burrow out on offense. I would get a LG too just to be safe.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 12:07 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I was watching both Gordon and Eason this game.  Eason like Herbert has a great arm but his completion percentage needs work. Gordon had a good completion percentage but 62 attempts is too much for any QB.  I also think Gordon had a bad left ankle.  Watching Eason, he should go back to school another year.  He simply is not polished enough.  

A look at the QBs:
Tua-injured.
Herbert- great arm, folds under pressure, doesn't have leadership
Eason- great arm unpolished not very accurate.  But damn what an arm.
Gordon- a smallish QB with limited arm strength.
Love-inaccurate but has the tools
Newman- may be a sleeper pick
Mond- Needs another year but I like this kid

Burrow-Born to be a Bengal.  Manning-Brady wrapped into one.  Proven for one year.  

As much as I like Young, Burrow should be the pick.  I want to watch him in the CFP though.  If he holds it together, he is the best option at QB for Bengals but will need some OL changes.  

I think the Bengals may keep Glenn and move him to LG.  If Williams is solid at LT, then it means the Bengals only need a RT and RG and WR out of this draft to help Burrow out on offense.  I would get a LG too just to be safe.

You don't think it'd be a better investment to cut Glenn and put his freed up cap space ($9.5 mill) toward a different OL? I'm hoping they cut/trade him but I could see them keeping him because they are familiar with him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 04:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You don't think it'd be a better investment to cut Glenn and put his freed up cap space ($9.5 mill) toward a different OL? I'm hoping they cut/trade him but I could see them keeping him because they are familiar with him.

Draft Trey smith from Tennessee. Big man who plays very well at LG but can also play some right tackle
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:17 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Draft Trey smith from Tennessee.  Big man who plays very well at LG but can also play some right tackle

If his blood clots are clear that would be great. Dude has a ton of ability. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:17 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Draft Trey smith from Tennessee.  Big man who plays very well at LG but can also play some right tackle

Definitely a good consideration, but there is risk of clotting like with Fisher.
I'd still like them to go after OL in FA even with Smith or some other Day 1/2 drafted OL, as they have multiple spots that could be upgraded.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 04:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You don't think it'd be a better investment to cut Glenn and put his freed up cap space ($9.5 mill) toward a different OL? I'm hoping they cut/trade him but I could see them keeping him because they are familiar with him.

I am think in terms of the history of this front office tendencies.  I do not know what OG are on the FA but I do know that Mike Brown will not pay top dollar for FA OL player not already on this team.  He hasn't in the past.  I mean, they signed Hart to a 3 year deal, he still has 2 years left, Hart is an okay backup player not a starter.  

They could draft RT and RG this draft.  Kindley is a good LG player.  IF the Bengals swing a trade for Glenn, maybe he gives them a 4-5th round player.  I don't know.  Glenn played guard at Georgia and could kick inside for a year.  Bengals were planning on this before Williams got injured.  If he wants to play and doesn't have a 12 game concussion again, it could work.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am think in terms of the history of this front office tendencies.  I do not know what OG are on the FA but I do know that Mike Brown will not pay top dollar for FA OL player not already on this team.  He hasn't in the past.  I mean, they signed Hart to a 3 year deal, he still has 2 years left, Hart is an okay backup player not a starter.  

They could draft RT and RG this draft.  Kindley is a good LG player.  IF the Bengals swing a trade for Glenn, maybe he gives them a 4-5th round player.  I don't know.  Glenn played guard at Georgia and could kick inside for a year.  Bengals were planning on this before Williams got injured.  If he wants to play and doesn't have a 12 game concussion again, it could work.  

Thing is about free agency this year is if they move on from Dalton they will have over 80+ million in cap space and outside of AJ Green Hopkins and Billings they dont have alot of guys to spend money on...And they have to spend 90% of the salary cap per league rules. I would guess they do make at least one nice outside FA move probably at Linebacker they like Free Agent linebackers.

Edit: I suppose they could give extensions to guys like Lawson and Mixon.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am think in terms of the history of this front office tendencies.  I do not know what OG are on the FA but I do know that Mike Brown will not pay top dollar for FA OL player not already on this team.  He hasn't in the past.  I mean, they signed Hart to a 3 year deal, he still has 2 years left, Hart is an okay backup player not a starter.  

Preston Brown had 2+ years left on a 3-year deal and he got released.
I like the idea of Jack Conklin at RT and moving Hart to backup.
Draft an OT who can be a true swing OT and play both spots.

A line of Williams-Glenn/draft pick-Hopkins-Miller-Conklin would be decent I think.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Preston Brown had 2+ years left on a 3-year deal and he got released.

A line of Williams-Glenn/draft pick-Hopkins-Miller-Conklin would be decent I think.

I think they go after Jaime Collins he seems like a Bengals FA target.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:49 PM)Synric Wrote: I think they go after Jaime Collins he seems like a Bengals FA target.

I'd rather have Cory Littleton. Better in coverage than Collins. Plus, some familiarity with Zac Taylor already.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd rather have Cory Littleton. Better in coverage than Collins. Plus, some familiarity with Zac Taylor already.

Collins is one of the top coverage backers this season. Hes also one of the best run stuffing and blitzing off the ball linebackers. He is having an incredible season.

People will point to his time with the Browns but they used him wrong with the Browns he was used as an edge player on 1/3rd of his snaps.

Collins will be 31 next year and the Patriots have Kyle van noy and Collins going into Free agency.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Collins is one of the top coverage backers this season. Hes also one of the best run stuffing and blitzing off the ball linebackers. He is having an incredible season.

People will point to his time with the Browns but they used him wrong with the Browns he was used as an edge player on 1/3rd of his snaps.

Collins will be 31 next year and the Patriots have Kyle van noy and Collins going into Free agency.

Yes, all of that is true, but Littleton has been even better in coverage.
Plus, Littleton just turned 26 years old.
If they want to bring in a prized FA, get someone entering their prime.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 06:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, all of that is true, but Littleton has been even better in coverage.
Plus, Littleton just turned 26 years old.
If they want to bring in a prized FA, get someone entering their prime.

I get the age thing I just think Collins fits their usual Free Agency Linebacker mold.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Thing is about free agency this year is if they move on from Dalton they will have over 80+ million in cap space and outside of AJ Green Hopkins and Billings they dont have alot of guys to spend money on...And they have to spend 90% of the salary cap per league rules. I would guess they do make at least one nice outside FA move probably at Linebacker they like Free Agent linebackers.

Edit: I suppose they could give extensions to guys like Lawson and Mixon.

I don't think Dalton is coming back but it is possible they keep him another year.  I am a little worried they may extend Dalton for 4-5 years.  Not likely but possible.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Preston Brown had 2+ years left on a 3-year deal and he got released.

The swing OT in this draft could be Austin Jackson (USC), Jackson (IOWA), and Little (Stanford).  Maybe Trey Adams (Washington) but his injury history will scare some teams.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 06:06 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't think Dalton is coming back but it is possible they keep him another year.  I am a little worried they may extend Dalton for 4-5 years.  Not likely but possible.  

I worry that they don't take advantage of the big cap savings by trading/releasing Dalton and Glenn and instead keeping them around in 2020 while drafted replacements are groomed.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote