Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anthony Munoz
BTW - As a lineman declared eligible, Anthony caught 7 passes for 18 yards in his career. 4 were for touchdowns.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Lastly, Boomer Esiason calls him the best OL he ever played with as did Kenny Anderson. I trust the QB's judgement.
Reply/Quote
I was listening to a conversation on local radio with Chris Spielman a couple of years ago about who he'll never forget playing against.

Without hesitation he said Anthony Munoz.

He said he thought he was going to go in on a blitz tackle around the edge and felt like he was hit by a brick wall.

The startling part about it was Munoz was already taking on a block and stuck his arm out to stop him in his tracks.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd highly recommend reading The Blind Side. It's not just the story of Michael Oher, it talks about how the LT position evolved into one of the most important positions in football. Bill Walsh showed how to defend against the prominent pass rushers, but it left a hole open for defenses to exploit. That's when Munoz's name comes up as the premiere LT that allowed offenses to not open up the middle for defenses to exploit.

He was so damn good. I've been able to watch highlights of him and he basically makes his defender disappear in the game.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote