Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antonio Brown? Make the Call to His Agent!
(09-07-2019, 10:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize it was a big joke at the time, but AB putting his foot in that punter's face after he failed to "hurdle him" struck me as a d-bag move.  At any rate, the Steelers kept his antics in check until he wanted out, the Raiders couldn't control him, and I expect the Patriots may be able to get him back to levels of control like the Steelers had.  

Maybe...he seems nuts but he was smart enough to "crazy" his way out of playing for the Bills and the Raiders and he landed with the Patriots.

The Steelers were only able to keep him somewhat in check because there was never any discipline for the guy when he was late or skipped team meetings, tore shit up on the sidelines, and verbally went at teammates and coaches. Tomlin let him get away with whatever he wanted. I recently read a story where he cussed out Dick Lebeau in practice because he was "the man" and not one of Lebeau's defensive players better touch him. Polamalu, who never got upset about anything, wanted to tee off on him. Of course Tomlin did nothing. 

So diva AB goes to the Raiders, stats pulling his shit of being late and missing meetings, gets fined,  and goes ape shit. 
Reply/Quote
I would love pac man as a coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 10:50 PM)Fullrock Wrote: The Steelers were only able to keep him somewhat in check because there was never any discipline for the guy when he was late or skipped team meetings, tore shit up on the sidelines, and verbally went at teammates and coaches. Tomlin let him get away with whatever he wanted. I recently read a story where he cussed out Dick Lebeau in practice because he was "the man" and not one of Lebeau's defensive players better touch him. Polamalu, who never got upset about anything, wanted to tee off on him. Of course Tomlin did nothing. 

So diva AB goes to the Raiders, stats pulling his shit of being late and missing meetings, gets fined,  and goes ape shit. 

Right, but it seems like he is able to keep this stuff internal when he chooses to.  He didn't broadcast his crazy unless it fit his agenda.  He was always a nut but he would make it known to the world that he was acting like a nut when he wanted off the Steelers.  Buffalo calls, he pulls the "I'll just retire" card and Buffalo backs off.  He agrees to play for the Raiders.  He starts broadcasting his craziness and he wants released, he gets released.  He's on the Patriots now...I wouldn't bet my life on the guy, but I'd wager he either acts less like a nut OR more likely, he stops posting crazy stuff on social media.

Maybe eventually he makes his craziness known while in NE and he gets benched and/or set to the XFL.  Time will tell, but so far he's only been beyond reason when he wants out of somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 10:55 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I would love pac man as a coach.

You got it!

[Image: m_5d509d2c6a7fbaf31d7ff757.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 10:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Right, but it seems like he is able to keep this stuff internal when he chooses to.  He didn't broadcast his crazy unless it fit his agenda.  He was always a nut but he would make it known to the world that he was acting like a nut when he wanted off the Steelers.  Buffalo calls, he pulls the "I'll just retire" card and Buffalo backs off.  He agrees to play for the Raiders.  He starts broadcasting his craziness and he wants released, he gets released.  He's on the Patriots now...I wouldn't bet my life on the guy, but I'd wager he either acts less like a nut OR more likely, he stops posting crazy stuff on social media.

Maybe eventually he makes his craziness known while in NE and he gets benched and/or set to the XFL.  Time will tell, but so far he's only been beyond reason when he wants out of somewhere.

Nah, he was beyond reason in Pitt. The filming of the locker room speech comes to mind. In that case AB apologizes and Pitt says OK. AB breaks the rules on OAK, AB apologizes, and OAK says OK, but here's your fine. I could cite numerous other examples. The biggest difference is Pitt allowed him to go beyond reason
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 08:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Seeing as they got Gordon for next to nothing and he contributed to a SB ring I'm not sure I'd worry about him too much.  And if AB doesn't want to play they'll just phase him out and let him go.  The idea of either of these guys walking over BB is a laugh...but I guess you never know.

Josh Gordon's not even a bad guy... He likes to catch a buzz a lil too much, but I've never heard teammates speak poorly of him. Could it be said that he's unreliable? Probably... But not in the same malicious way that AB is.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 11:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, he was beyond reason in Pitt. The filming of the locker room speech comes to mind. In that case AB apologizes and Pitt says OK. AB breaks the rules on OAK, AB apologizes, and OAK says OK, but here's your fine. I could cite numerous other examples. The biggest difference is Pitt allowed him to go beyond reason

I'm not saying the guy has even been sane, but I'm thinking the whole putting the locker room footage out there was him starting to make his insanity known and wanting out...but I don't recall the timeline exactly.  It's legitimately hard to keep track of his antics.

(09-07-2019, 11:05 PM)jason Wrote: Josh Gordon's not even a bad guy... He likes to catch a buzz a lil too much, but I've never heard teammates speak poorly of him. Could it be said that he's unreliable? Probably... But not in the same malicious way that AB is.

Right, I'd call Gordon a bit of a risk because of his issues but I wouldn't call him a cancer.  I was just somewhat accepting that he was as stated by the poster in order to argue that NE has shown an ability to control and "fix" guys who look like they're headed for an early retirement.
Reply/Quote
What I find the most interesting is how fans of various teams have shifted their laughter and frustration at various points in this gloriously insane story.

Steeler fans are upset they got less because AB wouldn't go to Buffalo, but they were laughing when he went to Oakland....enjoy going 5-11! Then they were laughing when he was driving the Raiders nuts all off-season and then they were laughing even harder when the Raiders cut him. Fast forward and they're frustrated that AB is on NE, which sort of goes against their glee that the Raiders were stuck with a worthless head-case who wouldn't play. He goes to NE and now it's like...geez, maybe he is going to actually do something. Ouch.

Raiders fans were laughing they got the best WR of the past 5 years for a song from a storied franchise in the Steelers. It was the first time they came out on the winning side of a trade and it was a trade with a top-tier franchise that is a media darling. AB starts acting up and they stop laughing, then when he is finally cut they laugh at how they got out of paying him 30 million, then he goes to NE and they realize they were possibly played by AB and the Patriots all along and stop laughing. Again, he's on the Patriots so maybe he really is going to be playing and playing well in 2019. Ouch.

This stuff is fascinating.
Reply/Quote
Billy boy won't put up with any of his antics, AB will be gone as soon as he starts acting up. We'll see how it goes, but if he behaves and plays hard the Patriots will be heading to another SB for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 11:40 PM)GodFather Wrote: Billy boy won't put up with any of his antics, AB will be gone as soon as he starts acting up. We'll see how it goes, but if he behaves and plays hard the Patriots will be heading to another SB for sure.

Yep, only the Raiders are dumb enough to make a guy as crazy as AB the center of a gameplan.  If he acts up in NE he's going to just be on the bench or out of there and he will be out of NFL options. 

If he doesn't play nice in NE he's going to be in the XFL and sporting the blonde handlebar stache ala the Hulkster!
Reply/Quote
This whole thing is nuts and really makes me wonder if the NFL is becoming like professional wrestling.   AB throws a fit to get traded from the Steelers.  Jon Gruden and the soon to be Vegas Raiders trade for him and give him a huge contract.  AB messes up his feet in a cryotherapy then throws a fit over a helmet.  Finally solved after threatening to retire and multiple appeals when he gets a helmet and endorsment.  All big news.  

Enter the center ring. Mayock,"Here is your fine for missing practice ect."  AB, "Mayock I'll punch you in the face (including what may or may not have been AB calling Mayock a cracker)"   Gruden, "But he is a grinder!!"  Long pause.... Who will give in first?  Mayock or Gruden?

Cue the next stage of drama.  AB offers an apology and says he wants to be part of the team.  24 hours later AB, "Raiders, release me".  Hulk Hogan enters the ring, "It's time to smack down AB brother!"  Bill Belichick wearing a Darth Vader mask jumps in the ring, "Not so fast," grabs AB by the arm and pulls him from the ring.  The fans watching go wild wondering what will happen.......

Stay tuned for the next part of NFLWWE..........

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 03:24 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Umm...what?

Bengals have a history making gambles like Brown. 

You can say they're trying to move away from it in the Taylor era, but signing Brown would be such a Bengals move.

Not that I want him here. But still.

Yeah, I can see Mike Brown standing in the training room with others from the Front Office looking down like they are observing and examining something and Mike Brown saying "We can help him, rebuild him, make him stronger and faster than he already is." Then one of the trainers will start saying "But what about..." and Mike Brown cuts him off saying "It's done, we will make him better in his mind and spirit".

This is a big "NO" from me, sorry.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 10:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope, sure haven’t. Still think there’s a pretty big gap between guys like TO and Moss who are top 3-4 at a position like WR that’s had A LOT of great players, and borderline top 10 QB’s, but I get what you’re saying.

Fair enough.....but if you want to see the guy who invented scrambling, and probably the most entertaining QB to play the game, you should really watch some of those old NFL Films on Tarkenton. Dude was fun to watch. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 11:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not saying the guy has even been sane, but I'm thinking the whole putting the locker room footage out there was him starting to make his insanity known and wanting out...but I don't recall the timeline exactly.  It's legitimately hard to keep track of his antics.

You're giving him way too much credit. He's not that smart. He's just a self-absorbed jackass.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 02:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're giving him way too much credit. He's not that smart. He's just a self-absorbed jackass.

Agree. 

Brown can't be a stupid **** and a genius at the same time. You have to pick one. And based on the fish-head in the freezer incident, Im going with the former. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: antonio-brown-memes23.jpg?quality=100&st...600&zoom=2]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:08 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: antonio-brown-memes23.jpg?quality=100&st...600&zoom=2]
And for all of this, he gets to play for the most dominate franchise with the greatest QB of all time.
Disgusting. And that isn't from a Steeler fan point of view either, but rather a human being pov. 
I don't care who you are, or what you do in life, you should not be continually rewarded for such egregiously bad behavior. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 02:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're giving him way too much credit. He's not that smart. He's just a self-absorbed jackass.

DingDing
Reply/Quote
Anyone wanna take bets that by season's end it'll be said NE was able to "tame" or "fix" Antonio Brown when nobody else could? I smell a rat, but don't call me a conspiracy theorist on this since I'm far from the only one this time around.
With the magic ONLY from NE..just watch. The ordinarily moronic Brown will suddenly be the "reasonable one" ..  Of course I'm rooting for him to completely implode the first time he doesn't get his way on something, but we have to have our narratives about how NE can do no wrong, ever, ever, ever...
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote