Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Antonio Brown To The Raiders- Steelers Get Screwed!
The Steelers traded Brown to the Raiders for only two draft picks- a 3rd rounder and a 5th rounder!

Not only that, but they also eat 21.1 million in dead cap money for 2019!

Quote:In making this trade now, the Steelers are passing up the opportunity to keep one of the five best wideouts in football on their roster for $22.2 million of cap space for the opportunity to eat $21.1 million in dead money on their 2019 cap and let that guy play for somebody else. Organizations only eat that sort of dead money when they have a player commit some serious off-field discretion (Junior Galette, Ray Rice), or if they're rebuilding and dumping underwater contracts from the previous regime (Marcell Dareus), and that's usually over two seasons.

He's the best wideout in football!

All that dead money, plus losing AB, you gotta wonder how demoralizing that will be to the locker room! Will Ben think about retiring?!

Quote:In the process of trying to push his way out of Pittsburgh, Brown eroded the organization's leverage. The Steelers spent the past two months publicly flailing, alternately leaking stories that suggested a trade hinged on getting a first-round pick, then suggesting it wouldn't. They set a final offer deadline for Friday and then let that deadline come and go. After news conferences and statements from various levels of the organization seemingly contradicting each other, they were forced to settle for third- and fifth-round picks from the only team that seemed seriously interested in bidding for Brown throughout the entire process.

Imagine going 12 months back in time to tell the biggest Steelers fan you know that Pittsburgh traded Brown for two midround draft picks. Heck, imagine going back six months ago and telling the biggest Steelers fan you know that they would get worked in a deal by the Raiders.

Like I keep saying, the Steelers are falling apart!

ESPN's trade grades:

Raiders: A-

Steelers: C-

It's a rough day in Steelers nation!
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 09:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Steelers traded Brown to the Raiders for only two draft picks- a 3rd rounder and a 5th rounder!

All that dead money, plus losing AB, you gotta wonder how demoralizing that will be to the locker room!  Will Ben think about retiring?!

ESPN's trade grades:

Raiders:  A-

Steelers:  C-

Ben hated AB. If anything this will rejuvenate him and keep him from retiring. 
AB tore that locker room apart, believe that. Im sure he had his supporters, but I guarantee you there were more guys who wanted to kill him. You don't abandon you're guys like he did in week 17. By many reports, he was a problem inside the locker room all season. 

Have they gone backwards with talent? No doubt. But they're also scrubbing the shit from the roster. Mitchell gone. Bell gone. Brown gone. Jerry Porter gone. They've got some rebuilding to do for sure, but they've still got a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball. They've also won more with less talent than they had last season. Enjoy your victory lap, Im sure it will be short lived. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 05:11 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Ben hated AB. If anything this will rejuvenate him and keep him from retiring. 
AB tore that locker room apart, believe that. Im sure he had his supporters, but I guarantee you there were more guys who wanted to kill him. You don't abandon you're guys like he did in week 17. By many reports, he was a problem inside the locker room all season. 

Have they gone backwards with talent? No doubt. But they're also scrubbing the shit from the roster. Mitchell gone. Bell gone. Brown gone. Jerry Porter gone. They've got some rebuilding to do for sure, but they've still got a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball. They've also won more with less talent than they had last season. Enjoy your victory lap, Im sure it will be short lived. 

Ben is the biggest piece of shit in that locker room but he’s a good qb so ownership has his back. I would bet he causes more rifts in that locker room than anybody, with his constant drama and blaming everyone but himself for things gone bad, like his pass to the defensive tackle in Denver. LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 05:45 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Ben is the biggest piece of shit in that locker room but he’s a good qb so ownership has his back. I would bet he causes more rifts in that locker room than anybody, with his constant drama and blaming everyone but himself for things gone bad, like his pass to the defensive tackle in Denver.  LOL

Don't fall for AB and his lackeys spin.

Ben is no angel and he has a sizable ego too. But Brown is 100% at fault here. Brown has been acting up all season. This just didn't happen the last week of December. It was largely covered up by the team, but Brown walked out on them 3 times this year. He left training camp (he says that it was to go to Florida to get treatment), he skipped the first half of the week after the KC game after that blow up, and then the last week of the season. 

Brown is the only Steeler to not stay with the team during training camp. Everyone pairs up in dorm rooms at St Vincents College like college kids. AB rents a house in Latrobe. Talk about "special treatment."

Many players have reported in the past that AB is consistently late for meetings (thats why he was going 100 in a 40), and often times blows them off altogether. Cant remember who, but one player said that he comes in late and everyone is pissed, but he's got that big smile and knows how to play them, and they usually just chalk it up to AB being AB. 

Ryan Clark pinned him as a problem in 2012 after he yelled at Dick LeBeau during practice because one the the DBs, Kennan Lewis, bumped while covering him during practice. 

Dude was a total malignancy. And don't think for a minute that he's going to all of the sudden change and behave and be a model citizen since he got his new guaranteed money in Oakland. He may play nice for a year or so, but this WILL surface again. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 08:22 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Don't fall for AB and his lackeys spin.

Ben is no angel and he has a sizable ego too. But Brown is 100% at fault here. Brown has been acting up all season. This just didn't happen the last week of December. It was largely covered up by the team, but Brown walked out on them 3 times this year. He left training camp (he says that it was to go to Florida to get treatment), he skipped the first half of the week after the KC game after that blow up, and then the last week of the season. 

Brown is the only Steeler to not stay with the team during training camp. Everyone pairs up in dorm rooms at St Vincents College like college kids. AB rents a house in Latrobe. Talk about "special treatment."

Many players have reported in the past that AB is consistently late for meetings (thats why he was going 100 in a 40), and often times blows them off altogether. Cant remember who, but one player said that he comes in late and everyone is pissed, but he's got that big smile and knows how to play them, and they usually just chalk it up to AB being AB. 

Ryan Clark pinned him as a problem in 2012 after he yelled at Dick LeBeau during practice because one the the DBs, Kennan Lewis, bumped while covering him during practice. 

Dude was a total malignancy. And don't think for a minute that he's going to all of the sudden change and behave and be a model citizen since he got his new guaranteed money in Oakland. He may play nice for a year or so, but this WILL surface again. 

Brown has been out of hand for years, supposedly.  The Steelers dug their own grave by covering it up and giving him multiple extensions.  It's funny, because the Steelers try to present themselves as this my way or the highway organization, but their complete lack of any kind of backbone in this case is pathetic.  AB slapped Tomlin and the Rooney's in the mouth repeatedly and dared them to do something about it, and in the end they just slunk away with their tails between their legs.

Ben is a tool, as well, and has had numerous issues with coaches and players, but he doesn't seem to be as big of an issue.  However, with the rape allegations, he kind of has to at least appear to tow the line.  Still, the organization itself has admitted double standards when it comes to Ben, and as long as that continues, other players are going to push for preferential treatment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 08:22 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Don't fall for AB and his lackeys spin.

Not falling for anything. All I’m saying is a piece of shit franchise qb>a piece of shit elite WR ten times out of ten in the eyes of a franchise.
Reply/Quote
Well enjoy Derek Carr, Mr Big Chest.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 09:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Steelers traded Brown to the Raiders for only two draft picks- a 3rd rounder and a 5th rounder!

All that dead money, plus losing AB, you gotta wonder how demoralizing that will be to the locker room!  Will Ben think about retiring?!

ESPN's trade grades:

Raiders:  A-

Steelers:  C-

Not gonna do it.  Been here too many times. They'll pull something out of their ass with those draft picks.   
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 09:23 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Not gonna do it.  Been here too many times. They'll pull something out of their ass with those draft picks.   

Yeah, I don't know how these talking heads can grade these trades without knowing who the Steelers get in the draft, because remember, Brown was a 6th round pick. I'm not saying they'll get another Brown, because he's a once in a generation talent for the 6th round. Only Tom Brady has been better in the 6th round. I honestly would have given the Steelers an F so far if they're just going to base it off the trades. I think they could have gotten better picks for Brown, but I'm also glad they didn't hold onto him too long like they did with Bell and get nothing in return. I think the final verdict won't be known until 4 years when we know who the Steelers drafted and they worked out. I just hope the Steelers are drafting heavily in the defense this year. 
Reply/Quote
Sounds like those blumpkins are on the decline.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:42 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sounds like those blumpkins are on the decline.

Your attempted shots at me are so pathetic and sad.

However, losing the best receiver and the best running back in the game in two years can't be good for the team, especially with Ben aging.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:58 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Your attempted shots at me are so pathetic and sad.

However, losing the best receiver and the best running back in the game in two years can't be good for the team, especially with Ben aging.

I insulted the team while making a tongue in cheek joke that slightly teased you while also agreeing with you.

I could have made up a lie about you and obsessively repeated it for years, but I didn't. Move along.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 11:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I insulted the team while making a tongue in cheek joke that slightly teased you while also agreeing with you.

I could have made up a lie about you and obsessively repeated it for years, but I didn't. Move along.

You were obviously taking a shot at me, and nothing else, by using my "on the decline" thread references.

Also, I love how you continue to act like you didn't do the thing that I have pointed out that you did for years (when it was in black and white online), even though I didn't even mention it in this thread.

Pretty damn sad to be in that much of a state of denial.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 11:35 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Pretty damn sad to be in that much of a state of denial.

Where should I send my rent check?

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 05:45 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Ben is the biggest piece of shit in that locker room but he’s a good qb so ownership has his back. I would bet he causes more rifts in that locker room than anybody, with his constant drama and blaming everyone but himself for things gone bad, like his pass to the defensive tackle in Denver.  LOL

This. Right. Here. 

Even Whines Hard questioned Pig Pen.  AB got tired of the bus tire tracks on his back.....others will too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 11:42 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Where should I send my rent check?

Another empty post with no substance......  so sad.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 03:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Another empty post with no substance......  so sad.

I asked for your address, not the name of your autobiography. 

Reply/Quote
To this day, I don't know what Pat did.  Is there a summary available? (Place little whistling emoticon here)

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:04 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I asked for your address, not the name of your autobiography. 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12175852]

This keeps getting more and more pathetic and hilarious!

I expected more out of you!
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12175852]

This keeps getting more and more pathetic and hilarious!

I expected more out of you!

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12175852]

you make this too easy bro

Reply/Quote