Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antonio Brown might be out Monday
(12-03-2017, 12:23 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Well Brown might not be able to go, but AJ might not be full strength either due to illness.  Figures...

Serious? Well crap! Football hates us!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 12:25 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Serious? Well crap! Football hates us!

He and Clark Harris.  Aj was limited Friday but did have a full practice today, where Harris practiced full Thursday and Friday, but out ill today.  My fear is it that it spreads around the locker room.  Was it this year or last that the entire team was sick on the plane to Pittsburgh?
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 12:32 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: He and Clark Harris.  Aj was limited Friday but did have a full practice today, where Harris practiced full Thursday and Friday, but out ill today.  My fear is it that it spreads around the locker room.  Was it this year or last that the entire team was sick on the plane to Pittsburgh?

Maybe Goodell food poisoned them? After all a lot of you guys think the NFL is fixed.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 12:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe Goodell food poisoned them? After all a lot of you guys think the NFL is fixed.  Hilarious

Hmm...

Now that you mention it, it probably wouldn't seem suspicious if he went into our cafeteria and asked to taste the soup.  He then has the open pot right in front of him to administer the dose!
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 12:23 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Well Brown might not be able to go, but AJ might not be full strength either due to illness.  Figures...

Are you sure?  I read where AJ chartered a jet, to take fellow Georgia Alums to the SEC Championship game today.  Perhaps he called in sick?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 01:02 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure?  I read where AJ chartered a jet, to take fellow Georgia Alums to the SEC Championship game today.  Perhaps he called in sick?
He did go to the game after todays walkthrough, but he has been under the weather nonetheless.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 01:07 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: He did go to the game after todays walkthrough, but he has been under the weather nonetheless.

Too sick for work, but well enough to go see the game?  I think AJ is exercising his All-Pro privilege on this one.  Not that I hold it against him.  I'd say he's earned a day off.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 01:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Too sick for work, but well enough to go see the game?  I think AJ is exercising his All-Pro privilege on this one.  Not that I hold it against him.  I'd say he's earned a day off.

No, he went to work.  Not sure about Harris.  He didn't participate in the walk through, but that doesn't mean he didn't show up.
Reply/Quote

AJ will go and, with how Mixon has been running the ball, we'll control the game and get some big plays out of AJ.

I just hope that Marvin doesn't instruct Lazor to go into dive, dive, curl, punt mode.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure the Steelers are aware of Mixon after last game and Mixon's comments about Bell in the media. I would find it unlikely that Mixon has a huge rushing day, they're going to force Andy and our lackluster receiving core to win. They're not stupid, lol. That's not saying I'm not hoping for Mixon to get another 100.

We need an Adam Jones non penalized TD and Defense giving up under 21 to have a chance. Our Defense would be even better if the offense could just hold the ball half the game.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 06:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, they do have a QB that is pretty good at extending plays, and finding 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th target options.

Having an Oline that’s allowed to hold as much as they like helps that
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 11:26 AM)Seaneh Wrote: Having an Oline that’s allowed to hold as much as they like helps that

That does seem to be true sometimes.  But, I've also see Ben shrug off would be sackers, reset and find an open receiver.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well it's carved in stone then. Brown might not play so it's a given that we'll blow out Spitsburg and go on to the World Series and have great seats.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 11:58 AM)grampahol Wrote: Well it's carved in stone then. Brown might not play so it's a given that we'll blow out Spitsburg and go on to the World Series and have great seats.. 

If we are going to the World Series stadium the day of the Super Bowl, we are guaranteed to have great seats. I like your thinking!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote

For realz? That sucks because this was a GREAT matchup for AJ with Joe Haden out this time. 

I believe AJ killing the Steelers was a big reason they signed Haden.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 12:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For realz? That sucks because this was a GREAT matchup for AJ with Joe Haden out this time. 

I believe AJ killing the Steelers was a big reason they signed Haden.

This is precisely why they signed him. That and their DB’s overall are god awful.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 12:35 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If we are going to the World Series stadium the day of the Super Bowl, we are guaranteed to have great seats. I like your thinking!

And you guys don't think Merv has a game plan..Great seats at the world series in January!  What else could any fan ask for? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 01:35 PM)grampahol Wrote: And you guys don't think Merv has a game plan..Great seats at the world series in January!  What else could any fan ask for? 

Free beer while there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
The Steelers didn't play well against us at all and they got embarrassed by a third string running back and a backup QB. You guys are much better than us. You can take them.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 07:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Could just be a guy who's been miscast in his role, with the Jaguars.  Wouldn't be the first time.  Zimmer snatched Reggie Nelson up from the Jags, as he looked like a bust, and then turned him into an All-Pro level player.

And Zimmer knows the value of a safety...he has one of the best at Minnesota in Harrison Smith
Reply/Quote