Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antonio Brown signs with Tampa Bay
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30175919/sources-antonio-brown-reaches-contract-agreement-tampa-bay-buccaneers

1 year deal and expected to play starting in week 9. Brady wanted him back so he only has himself to blame if this goes south.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 08:44 PM)cinci4life Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30175919/sources-antonio-brown-reaches-contract-agreement-tampa-bay-buccaneers

1 year deal and expected to play starting in week 9. Brady wanted him back so he only has himself to blame if this goes south.

That's frightening if AB gets back in physical form and stabilizes mentally.

But I have doubts about the latter. I think he is seriously disturbed and Brady will not be able to keep him in line. 

If he makes it to the playoffs though . . . . 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It is a shame that AB has acted like such a nutcase that people will remember him more for being crazy than for being one of the greatest players in NFL history.

for a 6 year stretch ('13-'18) he AVERAGED 114 receptions for 1533 yards. He also has 9 rushing tds, 5 KR/PR tds, and a passing td.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 03:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is a shame that AB has acted like such a nutcase that people will remember him more for being crazy than for being one of the greatest players in NFL history.

for a 6 year stretch ('13-'18) he AVERAGED 114 receptions for 1533 yards. He also has 9 rushing tds, 5 KR/PR tds, and a passing td.

Seems a lot of the best of all time are a little crazy.

- OJ
- Lawrence Taylor
- Adrian Peterson

And now AB...

Makes you wonder what guys like Tom Brady are hiding haha
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:26 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Seems a lot of the best of all time are a little crazy.

- OJ
- Lawrence Taylor
- Adrian Peterson

And now AB...

...Michael Jordan, all the way back to Ty Cobb. People who idolize sports stars (actors, musicians, politicians etc) are lying to themselves. To be the best of the best in anything takes a level of ruthlessness and pain. Ravens fans gave me a hard time cuz I wanted AB if he signed for league minimum. Some of the same people were happy we're giving Dez another chance. I guess assaulting your mother is okay but being a crazy ass isn't. To each their own, I just want to win. 
Reply/Quote
It could help Tommy. I like him a lot better since he is with the Buccaneers. For 12 years I lived in central FL and the Buccaneers were my team. Then, they won the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
BA is on record calling AB a diva and saying that his personality doesn't fit in their locker room, and AB poking fun at and insulting BA on Twitter, yet here he is. That tells you who is really in charge and who is really pulling the strings in Tampa Bay.

Imagine how this is going to feed the ego of Brown? He's now above BA. BA can't criticize, coach, or discipline him. BA is powerless here. Brady has played AB perfectly over the past 14 months and has him under control. For now. Roethlisberger did too for 9 years then it became just too much. Can Brady control AB for 12 games? Should be interesting.

Also lets not forget that AB has not had any real significant, structured, and consistent practice and playing time in 22 months. He's now 32. He might very well not be the same AB as he was in 2018.

This could be and incredible move, or and incredibly bad move.

Grab your popcorn and stay tuned.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:26 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Seems a lot of the best of all time are a little crazy.

- OJ
- Lawrence Taylor
- Adrian Peterson

And now AB...

CTE....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote