Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Antonio Brown soap opera continues
He's toast..no mo sympathy over the Burfict hit to his noggin..  I have a hunch he's destined for a prison cell before it's all said and done. To quote my old man,  "Sympathy is between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.." 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 10:03 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: so now AB is sending threating messages to his accusors….  that probly wont go over well

Brown is a genius.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 06:23 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Brown is a genius.

Some might say a stable genius. Ninja

Barring something big, that will probably do it for his NFL career. Which might be doubly worse for him, since I'm not sure he knows how to function outside of football.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 06:26 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Some might say a stable genius. Ninja

Barring something big, that will probably do it for his NFL career. Which might be doubly worse for him, since I'm not sure he knows how to function outside of football.

List of things Antonio brown can do:

1. Catch football
2. Jack off on your back
3. Send angry, illegible texts
4. Throw chair

You might be right
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
2 teams in what, a week and a half or so? This is going to be one of the documentaries some day where they show the rise and fall of an athlete. Without football he may very well go even further out of control. He's already facing several law suits including failure to pay and the sexual assault claim. He has been dropped by his sponsors. At this point his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, needs to get him to commit to serious neurological and psychological examinations and all treatment that may involve. That is if he doesn't drop him as a client before the Browns sign him.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I assume at some point another team will sign him. So I'm a bit confused why the Patriots don't just keep him.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 11:41 PM)Adamantium Wrote: I assume at some point another team will sign him. So I'm a bit confused why the Patriots don't just keep him.

I wouldn't be so sure.  There's a big difference between keeping a guy and signing him after allegations like this come out.  Signing before you know is one thing, but knowing before you sign is a totally different matter.  
Reply/Quote
They will wait for allegations to clear (or not) in civil court before signing.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 11:41 PM)Adamantium Wrote: I assume at some point another team will sign him. So I'm a bit confused why the Patriots don't just keep him.

Because the Patriots who Win Championships DON'T put up with this garbage.  They traded Randy Moss the second he complained about the team and Brady.  Now they trade Antonio Brown after 1 game with team.  I kind if thought this player that threatened to beat up the Oakland Raiders GM was NOT going to cut it with Patriots.   Patriots got Ocho Cinco on the condition no more Hot Dog Nonsense.  He agreed and changed his name back to Chad Johnson and stopped playing the Fool at New England.   Patriots are NOT into this nonsense, they are into Championships.  Patriots will NOT tolerate nonsense from any player because it gets in the way of Winning Focus. 

Now you can Like It or Lump It, but's that just they way it is on Patriots.  Their focus is on Winning, not having a 3 ring circus of Problem Players. 

It seems Raiders were right to trade him also, and whatever they got in trade was a plus, even if it was a bag of peanuts. 

I will add Patriots made out like bandits getting Corey Dillon from Bengals and why Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis wanted to get rid of him remains a mystery. As Dillon looked like Jim Brown in that Super Bowl Win for Patriots, the whole world laughed at Bengals The Dillon Patriots maybe the best of their dynasty Super Bowl teams. To have Brady and a Jim Brown like Dillon.

So Patriots bring in a Dillon or Burkhead or players to help WIN. Anybody who takes the focus off of winning like Antonio Brown or Randy Moss are Terminated in seconds.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 01:03 PM)kevin Wrote: Because the Patriots who Win Championships DON'T put up with this garbage.  They traded Randy Moss the second he complained about the team and Brady.  Now they trade Antonio Brown after 1 game with team.  I kind if thought this player that threatened to beat up the Oakland Raiders GM was NOT going to cut it with Patriots.   Patriots got Ocho Cinco on the condition no more Hot Dog Nonsense.  He agreed and changed his name back to Chad Johnson and stopped playing the Fool at New England.   Patriots are NOT into this nonsense, they are into Championships.  Patriots will NOT tolerate nonsense from any player because it gets in the way of Winning Focus. 

Now you can Like It or Lump It, but's that just they way it is on Patriots.  Their focus is on Winning, not having a 3 ring circus of Problem Players. 

It seems Raiders were right to trade him also, and whatever they got in trade was a plus, even if it was a bag of peanuts. 

I will add Patriots made out like bandits getting Corey Dillon from Bengals and why Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis wanted to get rid of him remains a mystery.  As Dillon looked like Jim Brown in that Super Bowl Win for Patriots, the whole world laughed at Bengals  The Dillon Patriots maybe the best of their dynasty Super Bowl teams.  To have Brady and a Jim Brown like Dillon.

So Patriots bring in a Dillon or Burkhead or players to help WIN.  Anybody who takes the focus off of winning like Antonio Brown or Randy Moss are Terminated in seconds.

Neither the Raiders nor the Patriots traded Brown.  Both cut him outright.  
Reply/Quote