Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antonio Brown suspended 8 games
For violating league's personal conduct policy. Could be extended depending on the civil suit on sept. 15. Suspension covers first 8 weeks of this season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-suspends-antonio-brown-eight-games-for-violating-personal-conduct-policy/?fbclid=IwAR32JYUdFFs-ka37xzrMpef5NfuUNFVk0JLBCcDjhtKr93kR3aeqSieHDNM
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
My interpretation? He needs another payday, to cover his misdeeds..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
How do you suspend a player that aint even on a team? If this is the case, I want some flipping suspensions on a lot of other Steeler players through the years. Trust me, not defending his PA, just find it laughable. But hey, it's 2020 right? I swear, Roudy Roddy would be blowing heads off people there days. LOL

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 06:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: How do you suspend a player that aint even on a team? If this is the case, I want some flipping suspensions on a lot of other Steeler players through the years. Trust me, not defending his PA, just find it laughable. But hey, it's 2020 right? I swear, Roudy Roddy would be blowing heads off people there days. LOL

Yeah it is rather odd to me as well.  The way I think about it, an unsigned player that gets suspended for X number of games, the suspension should start from the day they are signed.  But that isn't how it works from what I understand.  It starts from week one.   So come mid season a playoff contender will toss some money at him week 9.   Seems more of a, "Hey you get 8 weeks off,"  than a suspension.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 07:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah it is rather odd to me as well.  The way I think about it, an unsigned player that gets suspended for X number of games, the suspension should start from the day they are signed.  But that isn't how it works from what I understand.  It starts from week one.   So come mid season a playoff contender will toss some money at him week 9.   Seems more of a, "Hey you get 8 weeks off,"  than a suspension.

In the scenario you present, I don't think I agree with that either? I've got a few opinions far to caustic to post here. 1. because he's a damn ex-steeler. 2. cause he's a punk, and 3. because I think it's stupid the NFL would do this. Does that make me the first Bengal FAN to opt out? LOL

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 07:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: In the scenario you present, I don't think I agree with that either? I've got a few opinions far to caustic to post here. 1. because he's a damn ex-steeler. 2. cause he's a punk, and 3. because I think it's stupid the NFL would do this. Does that make me the first Bengal FAN to opt out? LOL

If us normal people were involved in the moving truck incident like Antonio was, we would still be facing felony charges.  He got 2 years probation and 100 hours of community service after pleading no contest.   And even then he is still allowed the opportunity to make millions in the NFL, just set back by 8 weeks.

But if a normal person makes a stupid mistake, say a DUI, their entire livelihood or career could be in jeopardy. There are people that have had their ability to get a job diminished for much less than what Antonio plead no contest to. What an odd world we live in.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The guy is such a knucklehead people will remember him for that instead of what a freaking incredible WR he was.

Over a six year stretch '13-'18 he AVERAGED 114 receptions, 1524 yards, AND 11 tds. A. J. Green has never had a SINGLE SEASON close to that 6 YEAR AVERAGE.

Brown also has 5 tds and almost 3000 career yards on PR and KR. He is one of the greatest WRs of all time.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 07:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: In the scenario you present, I don't think I agree with that either? I've got a few opinions far to caustic to post here. 1. because he's a damn ex-steeler. 2. cause he's a punk, and 3. because I think it's stupid the NFL would do this. Does that make me the first Bengal FAN to opt out? LOL

(07-31-2020, 08:17 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: If us normal people were involved in the moving truck incident like Antonio was, we would still be facing felony charges.  He got 2 years probation and 100 hours of community service after pleading no contest.   And even then he is still allowed the opportunity to make millions in the NFL, just set back by 8 weeks.

But if a normal person makes a stupid mistake, say a DUI, their entire livelihood or career could be in jeopardy. There are people that have had their ability to get a job diminished for much less than what Antonio plead no contest to.  What an odd world we live in.

Yep

It's just amazing to me that this joker could even get another chance. 
Reply/Quote