Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antonio Brown to the Raiders.
per Adam Schefter

Raiders get Antonio Brown and extend him for three years and 50 million.

Steelers get a third and fifth round pick.
Reply/Quote
Wow what a bad move by the Steelers.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 02:52 AM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: per Adam Schefter

Raiders get Antonio Brown and extend him for three years and 50 million.

Steelers get a third and fifth round pick.

That really sounds like a just get the hell outa here move.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 05:10 AM)McC Wrote: That really sounds like a just get the hell outa here move.

Yeah since the Steelers held all the cards. LOL  He also counts 20mil against this years cap which handcuffs the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
Wow.

Steelers got absolutely boned.

A 3rd and a 5th for the best WR in football? Yeesh.
Reply/Quote
Raiders are the ones that got hosed. They are in rebuilding stage and putting that cancer in thier locker room just set them back. They don’t know it yet, but it did.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 10:05 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Wow.

Steelers got absolutely boned.

A 3rd and a 5th for the best WR in football? Yeesh.

Plus they lose 21 mil in cap money for 2019. Yeah they got hosed by AB not the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 11:08 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Plus they lose 21 mil in cap money for 2019. Yeah they got hosed by AB not the Raiders.

Even tho I hate the Steelers, this is unfair. AB wanted out and was disgruntled. Sounds like these teams draft up contracts that are stupid and puts the players in charge of the organization. When he skipped the playoff game it should have voided his contract. Players should not be able to hold their team by the nads in these situations. He wanted out and made that clear. AB should be the one taking the hit.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 11:24 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Even tho I hate the Steelers, this is unfair. AB wanted out and was disgruntled. Sounds like these teams draft up contracts that are stupid and puts the players in charge of the organization. When he skipped the playoff game it should have voided his contract. Players should not be able to hold their team by the nads in these situations. He wanted out and made that clear. AB should be the one taking the hit.

The Steelers have only themselves to blame . They didn't pay him as much as lesser wrs. They basically gave him the guaranteed money the first year and cut his first year salary to 900K. This helped them resign other players while kicking AB down the road where he could be cut. I think AB and his agent saw a way around the contract terms to benefit them and took it. Everyone here though the Steelers were holding all the cards but in reality they were drawing dead.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 10:05 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Steelers got absolutely boned.
That's what makes it a great trade. Karma for the immaculate reception I say.

Another funny part is we got the raiders to give us a 1st and 2nd for Carson Palmer. The steelers could only get a 3rd and 5th for brown.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 10:53 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Raiders are the ones that got hosed. They are in rebuilding stage and putting that cancer in thier locker room just set them back. They don’t know it yet, but it did.

The Raiders have had a single winning season since 2002, I sincerely doubt they're worried they're going to ruin their mojo.

(03-10-2019, 12:29 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Steelers have only themselves to blame . They didn't pay him as much as lesser wrs. They basically gave him the guaranteed money the first year and cut his first year salary to 900K. This helped them resign other players while kicking AB down the road where he could be cut. I think AB and his agent saw a way around the contract terms to benefit them and took it. Everyone here though the Steelers were holding all the cards but in reality they were drawing dead.

That seems to be the take of the Steeler-area sports talk guys who aren't hypnotized by the "never wrong" Rooney clan.  Art the 2nd pulls the whole "We don't guarantee money past the first year, because that's the Steeler way" and some players are getting sick of it.  The Steelers have had a lot of success putting themselves in a position to have more power over their players than most franchises do and AB, Bell, and Ben (he gets what he wants, so he doesn't want out) have called their bluff.

We all seem to get behind the dislike of Ben, so maybe it's just as simple as players getting sick of bowing down to a finger-pointer QB with SB rings that are over a decade old.  Tomlin, Ben, and Art the 2nd can't quite command the locker room like they used to, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 12:29 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Steelers have only themselves to blame . They didn't pay him as much as lesser wrs. They basically gave him the guaranteed money the first year and cut his first year salary to 900K. This helped them resign other players while kicking AB down the road where he could be cut. I think AB and his agent saw a way around the contract terms to benefit them and took it. Everyone here though the Steelers were holding all the cards but in reality they were drawing dead.

This is the only time that I've ever liked (loved) Drew Rosenhaus and I applaud his scumbag ways!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote