Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antonio Browns Injury - Cant make this stuff up
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/07/raiders-finally-acknowledge-that-antonio-brown-froze-his-feet-in-a-cryotherapy-chamber/

Apparently Antonio Brown has frost bite on his feet. (in August)

HAHAHA
Reply/Quote
That's fine, I think he froze his head a long time ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Soooo, what your saying, he's talked so much shit about how awesome he is and doesnt need the Steelers anymore and now it's time for the season to start and he just realized he has to back up his words with action, that, well, he's getting cold feet? Wuss!

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 07:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Soooo, what your saying, he's talked so much shit about how awesome he is and doesnt need the Steelers anymore and now it's time for the season to start and he just realized he has to back up his words with action, that, well, he's getting cold feet? Wuss!

Hilarious

like almost liquid nitrogen cold feet.
Reply/Quote
What? How can anyone playing for Gruden NOT believe themselves to be the single greatest thing to happen to the universe since the star and lots and lots of empty space?  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 12:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: What? How can anyone playing for Gruden NOT believe themselves to be the single greatest thing to happen to the universe since the star and lots and lots of empty space?  Mellow

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/09/report-antonio-brown-goes-radio-silent-on-raiders/
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 01:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/09/report-antonio-brown-goes-radio-silent-on-raiders/

Hilarious. What a joke.

Reply/Quote
Oh it gets better. His helmet type has been banned this year by the NFL (also affected Tom Brady). According to Adam Schefter, if the NFL doesn't grant Brown a waiver, he has told the Raiders, that he will never play football again. He thinks the new helmets interfere with his vision to the ball but every other WR (and player) is in the same boat

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 06:04 PM)pally Wrote: Oh it gets better.  His helmet type has been banned this year by the NFL (also affected Tom Brady).  According to Adam Schefter, if the NFL doesn't grant Brown a waiver, he has told the Raiders, that he will never play football again.  He thinks the new helmets interfere with his vision to the ball but every other WR (and player) is in the same boat

Some articles I have read like this one say the model of helmet he wants to wear isn't banned but it is the helmet he wants to wear is over 10 years old. Apparently the NOCSAE will not certify a helmet that is more than 10 years old. So that makes it even more weird if true.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/09/source-antonio-browns-preferred-helmet-is-a-permitted-model-but-its-too-old-to-be-worn/

If the article is accurate he could still wear the same model helmet if it was a a new one. So he just doesn't want a new one of the same model for some reason. Superstition maybe or maybe the helmet he has been using hasn't protected his head enough??   I don't know... But hey if the guy wants to give up 10's of millions of dollars over a helmet I suppose he can afford to do so.

One thing that makes the article linked above seem strange to me is I didn't think any NFL players used the same exact helmet for a long amount of time much less 10 years. I figured they got beat up and had to be replaced from time to time.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 06:36 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Some articles I have read like this one say the model of helmet he wants to wear isn't banned but it is the helmet he wants to wear is over 10 years old. Apparently the NOCSAE will not certify a helmet that is more than 10 years old.  So that makes it even more weird if true.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/09/source-antonio-browns-preferred-helmet-is-a-permitted-model-but-its-too-old-to-be-worn/

If the article is accurate he could still wear the same model helmet if it was a a new one. So he just doesn't want a new one of the same model for some reason. Superstition maybe or maybe the helmet he has been using hasn't protected his head enough??   I don't know...  But hey if the guy wants to give up 10's of millions of dollars over a helmet I suppose he can afford to do so.

One thing that makes the article linked above seem strange to me is I didn't think any NFL players used the same exact helmet for a long amount of time much less 10 years.  I figured they got beat up and had to be replaced from time to time.

the manufacturer no longer makes that model so he needs to change models

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 07:36 PM)pally Wrote: the manufacturer no longer makes that model so he needs to change models

Okay that makes more sense then.  I was going off what the article I linked stated:

Quote:So, basically, Brown wants to keep using his specific helmet. He can wear the same model, it just has to be a new one. Or, more accurately, one that it fewer than 10 years old. Antonio Brown is resisting that, for reasons that may be clear only to Antonio Brown.

Thanks for filling in the blanks. PFT isn't always the best for providing all the information. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 06:04 PM)pally Wrote: Oh it gets better. His helmet type has been banned this year by the NFL (also affected Tom Brady). According to Adam Schefter, if the NFL doesn't grant Brown a waiver, he has told the Raiders, that he will never play football again. He thinks the new helmets interfere with his vision to the ball but every other WR (and player) is in the same boat

If I was Goodell, I would let him play helmetless. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 06:04 PM)pally Wrote: Oh it gets better.  His helmet type has been banned this year by the NFL (also affected Tom Brady).  According to Adam Schefter, if the NFL doesn't grant Brown a waiver, he has told the Raiders, that he will never play football again.  He thinks the new helmets interfere with his vision to the ball but every other WR (and player) is in the same boat

I would say it sounds like hes is gonna stomp is feet until he gets his way...but you know...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 01:02 PM)Synric Wrote: I would say it sounds like hes is gonna stomp is feet until he gets his way...but you know...

Too soon?

NO! lol

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
You know this is all Vontaze's fault, right? He hasn't been right since that hit.

Thanks guys.
Reply/Quote
What a bone head.

Side note: I've been contemplating cryotherapy for my bum knee, anyone have any experience with this?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Soon as he completely walks away from football vowing to never play again over something completely unrelated to reality the Bengals can offer him the biggest contract ever offered to .... Oh wait.. Mike Brown.. Never mind. For a split second I thought ...No wait.. I wasn't thinking at all. Everyone knows Brown loves players who throw unreasonable tantrums...demanding trades and such..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote