Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indoor Practice Facility/Weight Room/Rehab Possibility?
(05-11-2018, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It all depends on the weather Mallorian. I mean honestly, this is a good question.

I go with working inside everytime if it is the winter, outside if it is beautiful out.

But i mean these guys in the NFL lots of the times need to play out in the weather in order to compete with cold
weather teams like Green Bay and such. Cause when it is cold and you are just used to the warm weather it can
really hurt warm weather dudes.

We trained all the time in different elements. If you train in the cold your body acclimates to it faster than say in hot weather. For me I'd prefer the mountains of Afganistan to the deserts of Iraq anytime of the year. Its 60 and I sweat like a pig....I know pigs don't sweat but just saying...
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 11:42 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Let me ask you this, if you had to choose between 2 employers that were both offering the same salary and benefits but one said you had to work outside every day regardless of the weather and the other said you only had to work outside once a week which would you choose?

I just don't think it ever gets to that point.  It is like saying "If everything else was equal and you had a chance to play for a red team or an orange team and your favorite color was red which one would you chose?"

There are so many really important things that free agents consider (money, coaches, talent of teammates, scheme fit, city) I doubt the decision ever comes down to the practice facility.  Too many other things that are way more important.
Reply/Quote
I used to live in Boulder Co, and I knew a few elite athletes who trained there. If they trained too hard when the air was too cold they would get bronchitis. Something about mucus production in cold dry air.

The body also uses a ton of energy just to keep warm. So no matter what you do in the cold you will get exhausted more quickly.

So players have to be exposed to the cold enough to acclimate to it, but they try to do all of their work outside it will just wear them down quicker.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 03:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: We trained all the time in different elements. If you train in the cold your body acclimates to it faster than say in hot weather. For me I'd prefer the mountains of Afganistan to the deserts of Iraq anytime of the year. Its 60 and I sweat like a pig....I know pigs don't sweat but just saying...

I get what you are saying Wedge, have to be able to handle the hot weather as well as a player.

(05-11-2018, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I used to live in Boulder Co, and I knew a few elite athletes who trained there.  If they trained too hard when the air was too cold they would get bronchitis.  Something about mucus production in cold dry air.

The body also uses a ton of energy just to keep warm.  So no matter what you do in the cold you will get exhausted more quickly.

So players have to be exposed to the cold enough to acclimate to it, but they try to do all of their work outside it will just wear them down quicker.

Can get worse than bronchitis.

If you run too long in 20 below weather you can get ice crystals in your lungs and they explode.

Have to be able to handle either is really the point most of all are trying to get to i think.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 04:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I get what you are saying Wedge, have to be able to handle the hot weather as well as a player.

Can get worse than bronchitis.

If you run too long in 20 below weather you can get ice crystals in your lungs and they explode.

Have to be able to handle either is really the point most of all are trying to get to i think.

we don't want none of that 20 below round here
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 06:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we don't want none of that 20 below round here

You sure don't, we get about 2 weeks in a row of it in the winters in Wyoming. Terrible shit.

But i guess it scares the tourons away.
Reply/Quote