Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antwan Randel-El can't walk down stairs
(01-20-2016, 06:13 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Do you think miners with lung disease at an early age know the risk? Pays well so people put up with it. Just like football.

Pretty much.

My dad worked in a chemical plant as an operator. He made good money, exceptional for a guy with only a high school degree. Now he has breathing treatments twice daily.

Most people — if given the option — will accept a significant amount of danger or loss to feed their family. And in the case of guys coming from poverty, which a lot of NFL athletes do, they'll accept a lot to know their parents, kids, wife, siblings, etc., won't have to worry about things, if only for a while.

As far as the topic, until you change the equipment, it's not going to change. The helmet is designed to keep players from breaking their neck/getting a head injury, but it ends up causing a harder impact. Outside of going the rugby route and getting rid of helmets and pads, I don't see helmet related injuries really going down.

And you can tweek the rules all you want. It doesn't matter. Look at the last Steelers/Bengals game as an example of why. Multipl helmet shots injuring players and no one agrees what's legal and what's not. And in the end, if any of them are legal, you're still going to have injuries.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
 Nately Wrote:Is the compensation miles apart?  A buddy of mine is a Major in the US Army and he's very in-tune with the benefits, hazards, and overall bs he has to deal with on a daily basis.  I also worked for a baseball team (different sport, and all) and you'd be amazed at the number of guys who are out of it and thinking "Crap, I'm 25 and don't have a real-life resume" once it's over.  

Wait, did you say "Good chat mate?"  What are you, British?

No young athlete has a real resume its a full time job training.    And yes I said mate.  It's part of lingo .   I could say my friend as well.   Just depends on what I toss out haha  

Фу Умник  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 04:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Фу Умник  Ninja

That was just mean. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
rfaulk Wrote:That was just mean. Ninja

Да я знаю Ninja

Интересно, если вы знаете эти слова
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 09:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Да я знаю  Ninja

Интересно, если вы знаете эти слова

Да, спасибо Google. Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
rfaulk Wrote:Да, спасибо Google. Wink

Яндекс лучше перевести. Раньше я этого пока не узнаю достаточно
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 10:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Яндекс лучше перевести. Раньше я этого пока не узнаю достаточно

Considering i took 4 years of Spanish in High School and can't even carry a simple conversation now, even with Yandex, i'd be on my death bed before i learned how to say "where is the bathroom?". Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 10:45 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Depends on how you feel about others who are actually fighting for your freedom and the right to live the way you do.    You can be a jerk and not be thankful or feel its tragic.   It's your right to do so under the freedom they provide for you.

they = that would be me as well.

As a former Vet thanks for the compliment Jerk.

It's great to just ask a simple question Whatever  
Reply/Quote
rfaulk Wrote:Considering i took 4 years of Spanish in High School and can't even carry a simple conversation now, even with Yandex, i'd be on my death bed before i learned how to say "where is the bathroom?". Big Grin

Haha it's not as bad as it seems actually: You use less words. It's a fun language to learn. I started off with pimsleur method to get down conversational basics.
Reply/Quote