Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Chance We Go After A FA LT?
With the injury to Williams, is there any chance we go after a LT in free agency?

I haven't done much research, but, on a quick look, it did appear that there were some older free agent left tackles that weren't horrible and were up there in age, meaning they probably wouldn't be looking for long-term deals and could be brought in as a one-year stopgap.

Or will we wait for first cuts or even cuts into summer or up until just before the first game?

I know that we're not normally known for making moves like that, but would Taylor make that kind of move if given the opportunity?

Do you think Turner can make do with what we have?

What's our move?
Reply/Quote
There are none

It's going to require a trade
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is there even one available that is an upgrade over what we have? A trade for an LT would cost us an arm and a leg and wouldn't necessarily improve the situation. We may take another gander at UDFAs and of course, will be watching the waiver wire for depth

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Cordy Glenn is not great, but he is better than any of the leftovers available now.

Our Move was signing John Jerry.
Reply/Quote
Would be nice to have a veteran back-up. Obviously won’t be great, but hopefully they could provide a little more than an UDFA.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure the Bills or the Giants have someone on their OLs they want to get rid of. Why does the front office keep signing rejects from bottom feeder teams and expect to be anything but a sub-bottom feeder?

Reply/Quote
It's slim pickin's right now. There will likely be a cut or two come training camp, or at least that's what I'm hoping for.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 06:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There are none

It's going to require a trade

I wonder if Whitworth is available from the Rams. Ninja

Reply/Quote
We should be on the phone with Donald Penn already. Closest thing out there to a proven capable NFL LT.

Not ideal to be signing a 36 year old LT who seems to be in the process of washing out of the league. But losing our 1st round pick was not ideal to begin with.

Lets take care of the 7 P's. Prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance. Its not a question of if, it is when will Cordy miss games.

Is Boling really done? He was emergency tackle depth.

It is early. Time to do something and address this situation to the best of our abilities. That would be signing the multi time pro bowl OT that is sitting on the market.
Reply/Quote
Here's a list that could be used for potential LT's, granted some are G's and would have to make a conversion so I doubt they're in consideration. I'm meh on most of it.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/gallery/jonah-williams-season-ending-injury-free-agents-trades-bengals/
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 09:53 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Here's a list that could be used for potential LT's, granted some are G's and would have to make a conversion so I doubt they're in consideration. I'm meh on most of it.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/gallery/jonah-williams-season-ending-injury-free-agents-trades-bengals/

In the Bengals typical budget line of thinking, I'm looking at Donald Penn.

In my, let's get the best available line of thinking, I'm saying let's go get Vaitai.  At age 26, he can play 4 spots, including LT.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The options aren't awesome but here are the top 3 FA tackles out there.

Jermey Parnell - Jax

Ryan Schraeder - Atlanta

Donald Penn - Oakland

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 07:57 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I wonder if Whitworth is available from the Rams. Ninja

Nicely done
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 10:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In the Bengals typical budget line of thinking, I'm looking at Donald Penn.

In my, let's get the best available line of thinking, I'm saying let's go get Vaitai.  At age 26, he can play 4 spots, including LT.

Are there any former 1st Round busts out there that need a 3rd or 4th chance? That's likely something we'd do. Or yeah...Penn. Then bengals.com can write about how many career starts he has and compare him to the Patriots Tackles.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 10:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Are there any former 1st Round busts out there that need a 3rd or 4th chance? That's likely something we'd do. Or yeah...Penn. Then bengals.com can write about how many career starts he has and compare him to the Patriots Tackles.

There is Jonathan Cooper but he is a former 1st round guard not tackle.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 10:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Are there any former 1st Round busts out there that need a 3rd or 4th chance?

You think the Jaguars will part with Ced? 
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 10:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You think the Jaguars will part with Ced? 

We could get a 2 for 1 Bengal special if they sign Jake Fisher back to the team. High draft pick bust - check. Now a former Bill - check. It's just perfect.

Reply/Quote
There are not enough quality starting starting tackles in league anybody who is decent would be signed already. We just signed a guard, Jerry who didn't even play last season lol.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 10:51 PM)lone bengal Wrote: There are not enough quality starting starting tackles in league anybody who is decent would be signed already. We just signed a guard, Jerry who didn't even play last season lol.

And you know a team will demand a kinds ransom in a trade and if a guy shakes free...other teams will try to sign him too.
Reply/Quote
Are any other players that were involved in bullygate free agents?
Reply/Quote