Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Good FA Centers?
Myers retired.
Reply/Quote
If Trey Hopkins can ever get on the field, he could be a possibility. As to the FA route: Mike Pollak.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 03:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Are there any free agent centers that would be worthwhile to bring in?

Bodine looks like shit and we can't do anything up front if our center is getting blown up every play.

Andre Smith coming back at tackle should help the line as a whole, but I think we need something better at center or our team isn't going anywhere.

With Dalton blowing up on him, Dalton obviously doesn't trust him and I'm sure that it disheartens the entire offense, so why haven't the coaches looked elsewhere?  Do they think it's just a funk that he'll snap out of?  Do they know something that we don't?  Is he sick?  Is he hurt?

I'm freaking out because our season will go down the drain if our offensive line plays like it did against the Bucs.

Am I the only one wigging out?  Am I overreacting?
I expected much more in his second season, but he has not improved.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 08:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Trey Hopkins can ever get on the field, he could be a possibility. As to the FA route: Mike Pollak.

Both Pollack and Kyle Cook are technically retired. That said, I wonder if they could be coaxed back. 

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 06:03 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The Bengals can't give up on Bodine.  They gave up way too much to trade up and get him.

I see the humor in this post
Reply/Quote
Shaq
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Knowing us, we'll settle for Bodine and just pray that he can get the job done.

I would like to see TJ with the ones if Bodine continues to struggle.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 11:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Knowing us, we'll settle for Bodine and just pray that he can get the job done.

I would like to see TJ with the ones if Bodine continues to struggle.

TJ isn't good either. 
Trey Hopkins can be good...but he can't stay healthy right now and has little to no experience snapping the ball...but he showed he had the skill at LG. 

Can he get the snaps down and stay healthy? Big question marks.
Reply/Quote
This is where having Fisher hurt is a problem. Otherwise they could try sliding Boling to C and plug Fisher in at LG.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 01:06 AM)Joelist Wrote: This is where having Fisher hurt is a problem. Otherwise they could try sliding Boling to C and plug Fisher in at LG.

He returned to practice yesterday... with A Smith and DDennard.
Reply/Quote
Not pleased by Bodines lack of progress, but I just don't see us making a move this year.

Surely he will play some better than he did last year. That isn't saying a lot, but our O-line was not that bad with him starting last year.

O-line also is the toughest position to plug in a new guy from another team. They work as a unit more closely than any other players on the team. O-lines get a lot better from playing with the same guys. So I think we give Bodine one more year as starter to develop into a better player. If he doesn't show any improvement then Center becomes a position we address next offseason.

I know they gave Ghiaciuc 3 years, but the O-line was falling apart while he was here and they were plugging holes all over the place. When Ghiacuic joined the team in '05 the Starting O-line was LT-Levi Jones
LG Eric Steinbach, C-Rich Braham, RG Bobbie Williams, RT Willie Anderson. Four years later when Ghiacuic left the starting O-line was LT-Whitworth, LG- Nate Livings, C-Kyle Cook, RG-Bobbie Williams, RT-Dennis Roland (Andre Smith drafted, but injured).

I still hold out not just hope, but belief that he will improve and become a solid starter. And I don't think it is unreasonable to give a player at least 2 full years to show his abilities.

Some people here act like I am never negative about any players, but that is not true. I could post a pretty good list of Bengals that I claimed were overrated or needed to be replaced. I just devote more of my time and effort to defending players that I think are either good or at least deserving of a chance to show what they have.
Reply/Quote
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCI-Il9_XyccCFcnZHgod4CYDYA&url=%2Furl%3Fsa%3Di%26rct%3Dj%26q%3D%26esrc%3Ds%26source%3Dimages%26cd%3D%26cad%3Drja%26uact%3D8%26ved%3D0CAcQjRxqFQoTCI-Il9_XyccCFcnZHgod4CYDYA%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252F1045theteam.com%252Fbig-news-from-the-lingerie-football-league%252F%26ei%3DHzvfVc_8H8mze-DNjIAG%26psig%3DAFQjCNHKsfLMKLI3s9D98dvp-uisv8db4A%26ust%3D1440779416491005&ei=HzvfVc_8H8mze-DNjIAG&psig=AFQjCNHKsfLMKLI3s9D98dvp-uisv8db4A&ust=1440779416491005
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Considering how long they gave Ghiaciuc, I'm fully expecting Bodine to start all 16 games no matter how bad he plays this year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 04:33 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Considering how long they gave Ghiaciuc, I'm fully expecting Bodine to start all 16 games no matter how bad he plays this year.

And I would say that almost all the other NFL teams would also give a guy two seasons.

Especially a team like us who doesn't have anything better on the bench.

Finally, most people forget that after his first season Ghiacuic got a lot of love for how he played against the big NTs in the AFCN back then, Hampton and Ngata.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 04:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I would say that almost all the other NFL teams would also give a guy two seasons.

Especially a team like us who doesn't have anything better on the bench.

Finally, most people forget that after his first season Ghiacuic got a lot of love for how he played against the big NTs in the AFCN back then, Hampton and Ngata.

I'm expecting this year and next year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 10:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: He returned to practice yesterday... with A Smith and DDennard.

Good news.  Figured they were just taking their time with Andre and he would be back before the season.  Was holding my breath a little about DD.  Really want to see him playing.  I think his upside is tremendous. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote