Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Notre Dame Fans?!
If so, you have a hell of a tight end coming in from my high school named Michael Mayer!

He's 6'5 and 215, but only a junior, so he's likely still going to put on a lot of weight in muscle and could even still grow an inch.

His brother graduated last year after an undefeated state championship and went on to play at Miami of Ohio.

This year, they were undefeated AGAIN and made it to the state finals, but they were inside the 5 with under a minute left, down by 4, and the running back, who has offers from EKU, Morehead State, Butler, and I'm sure a few others, fumbled, the other team recovered, and they lost the state championship.

That's not nearly as bad as Hill fumbling away our glory, but it had to hurt that kid a lot because he's a great kid. They also say that his forward progress was stopped and the whistle should have been blown two seconds before the fumble, but it is what it is.

Anyways, just thought Notre Dame fans would like to know that you have a hell of a tight end coming your way and I'm pretty sure that he'll be playing on Sundays eventually!

(There's a highlight video in that link.)
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 07:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If so, you have a hell of a tight end coming in from my high school named Michael Mayer!

He's 6'5 and 215, but only a junior, so he's likely still going to put on a lot of weight in muscle and could even still grow an inch.

His brother graduated last year after an undefeated state championship and went on to play at Miami of Ohio.

This year, they were undefeated AGAIN and made it to the state finals, but they were inside the 5 with under a minute left, down by 4, and the running back, who has offers from EKU, Morehead State, Butler, and I'm sure a few others, fumbled, the other team recovered, and they lost the state championship.

That's not nearly as bad as Hill fumbling away our glory, but it had to hurt that kid a lot because he's a great kid.  They also say that his forward progress was stopped and the whistle should have been blown two seconds before the fumble, but it is what it is.

Anyways, just thought Notre Dame fans would like to know that you have a hell of a tight end coming your way and I'm pretty sure that he'll be playing on Sundays eventually!

(There's a highlight video in that link.)

No wonder he didn't get any offers from big-time programs.  I wonder if those schools that you listed are currently reconsidering their offers?   Nervous
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
No, but I'll definitely enjoy watching them get absolutely demolished by Clemson like the over-rated program they are.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 07:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No wonder he didn't get any offers from big-time programs.  I wonder if those schools that you listed are currently reconsidering their offers?   Nervous

This website about Kentucky High School sports (the one I was kicked off of for saying that I was offended by a guy telling me that I deserved to die) says he has offers from:

Alabama

Arkansas
Cincinnati
Georgia
Kentucky
Louisiana State
Louisville
Miami (OH)
Michigan
Minnesota
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Texas
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Wisconsin
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 11:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This website about Kentucky High School sports (the one I was kicked off of for saying that I was offended by a guy telling me that I deserved to die) says he has offers from:

Alabama

Arkansas
Cincinnati
Georgia
Kentucky
Louisiana State
Louisville
Miami (OH)
Michigan
Minnesota
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Texas
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Wisconsin

Yeah, that likely won't stop him from having a good college career.  But, you can bet his teammates will be giving him shit at class reunions for the rest of his life.  LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 08:56 PM)treee Wrote: No, but I'll definitely enjoy watching them get absolutely demolished by Clemson like the over-rated program they are.

And they did ! They've been smoked in every bowl game they've played for nearly 20 years where there's been top level teams playing them.
Reply/Quote
I had to explain to my 5 year old son today why ND was 12-0 and Clemson was 13-0. I said: "Well, pal, Notre Dame football is a cowardly program. They don't have to play a conference championship game like everyone else.". They need to get over themselves, stop dwelling in the past, and join the Big 10 or ACC already.

I know they played teams from power 5 conferences and won, but I feel like any of the top 6 or 7 teams would have demolished them handily. Clemson, Bama, Oklahoma, Georgia, OSU, LSU, maybe even Central Florida would hammer that ass. Their schedule was middling and crap teams. No way they deserved to be in the group of 4. It makes a mockery of the system.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:31 AM)samhain Wrote: I had to explain to my 5 year old son today why ND was 12-0 and Clemson was 13-0.  I said: "Well, pal, Notre Dame football is a cowardly program.  They don't have to play a conference championship game like everyone else.".  They need to get over themselves, stop dwelling in the past, and join the Big 10 or ACC already.  

I know they played teams from power 5 conferences and won, but I feel like any of the top 6 or 7 teams would have demolished them handily.  Clemson, Bama, Oklahoma, Georgia, OSU, LSU, maybe even Central Florida would hammer that ass.  Their schedule was middling and crap teams.  No way they deserved to be in the group of 4.  It makes a mockery of the system.

I said the same exact thing to someone yesterday. They need to join the Big 10.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:31 AM)samhain Wrote: I had to explain to my 5 year old son today why ND was 12-0 and Clemson was 13-0.  I said: "Well, pal, Notre Dame football is a cowardly program.  They don't have to play a conference championship game like everyone else.".  They need to get over themselves, stop dwelling in the past, and join the Big 10 or ACC already.  

I know they played teams from power 5 conferences and won, but I feel like any of the top 6 or 7 teams would have demolished them handily.  Clemson, Bama, Oklahoma, Georgia, OSU, LSU, maybe even Central Florida would hammer that ass.  Their schedule was middling and crap teams.  No way they deserved to be in the group of 4.  It makes a mockery of the system.

(12-31-2018, 03:49 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I said the same exact thing to someone yesterday. They need to join the Big 10.

No.  They lost in the semi-final, now they need to join a conference?  That's the dumbest argument ever for joining a conference. If anything, it proves they DON'T need to join any conference.  They went undefeated, their schedule included Michigan, Florida State, Va Tech, Syracuse, Stanford, USC, etc.....its not ND's fault those teams sucked this year.  College football teams schedule their opponents years in advance.  Kinda hard to predict the future. 
Why does Georgia deserve to be in?  They got SMOKED by LSU.  Can't say that about ND.
Why does OSU deserve to be in?  They got depantsed by Purdue?  Can't say that about ND.
LSU?  Really?
Central Florida, without their QB?  Just proves we should go to an 8 team playoff.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:11 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: No.  They lost in the semi-final, now they need to join a conference?  That's the dumbest argument ever for joining a conference. If anything, it proves they DON'T need to join any conference.  They went undefeated, their schedule included Michigan, Florida State, Va Tech, Syracuse, Stanford, USC, etc.....its not ND's fault those teams sucked this year.  College football teams schedule their opponents years in advance.  Kinda hard to predict the future. 
Why does Georgia deserve to be in?  They got SMOKED by LSU.  Can't say that about ND.
Why does OSU deserve to be in?  They got depantsed by Purdue?  Can't say that about ND.
LSU?  Really?
Central Florida, without their QB?  Just proves we should go to an 8 team playoff.

Sure, it's wonderful for Notre Dame.  Their fans get to pretend that they're a real team all year until they get whacked in the semi.  It sucks for everyone else who want a competitive championship series.  Georgia deserves to be in because the took Bama to the mat.  LSU beat the team that took Bama to the mat.  Either team would beat touchdown Jesus' brains out.  OSU would, too.  Just because some flukey shit happened vs Purdue doesn't mean they don't have the talent to wax the Irish.  ND barely beat USC when they started a floundering freshman quarterback.  Haskins would eat them alive.  Point taken about the South Florida QB scenario.  

I would bet a paycheck on Kentucky if they played the Golden Domers.  Without hesitation.  Same goes for the Gators.    

ND has likely seen their last trip to the group of 4.  Nobody wants to see that embarrassing shit again.  They are insulated against the meat grinder of conference play.  Once all the old folks pass on and the nostalgia trip wears off, that TV deal will disappear and they'll be begging to join a power 5 conference.
Reply/Quote
I don't really care about Notre Dame one way or the other but I do think someone should pass a law that they never get to play in the playoff ever again. They have laid two giant eggs of shame.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 02:51 AM)samhain Wrote: Sure, it's wonderful for Notre Dame.  Their fans get to pretend that they're a real team all year until they get whacked in the semi.  It sucks for everyone else who want a competitive championship series.  Georgia deserves to be in because the took Bama to the mat.  LSU beat the team that took Bama to the mat.  Either team would beat touchdown Jesus' brains out.  OSU would, too.  Just because some flukey shit happened vs Purdue doesn't mean they don't have the talent to wax the Irish.  ND barely beat USC when they started a floundering freshman quarterback.  Haskins would eat them alive.  Point taken about the South Florida QB scenario.  

I would bet a paycheck on Kentucky if they played the Golden Domers.  Without hesitation.  Same goes for the Gators.    

ND has likely seen their last trip to the group of 4.  Nobody wants to see that embarrassing shit again.  They are insulated against the meat grinder of conference play.  Once all the old folks pass on and the nostalgia trip wears off, that TV deal will disappear and they'll be begging to join a power 5 conference.

I guess we should just go by subjective recruiting rankings then? The schools that have had the best recruiting rankings in the last four years should get to play in the semis then? This way we don’t even have to play the regular season games? Just whoever’s had the best recruiting gets in, right?

At some point Wins and Losses has to count for something. ND went undefeated this year. What more do you want them to do? Play A 13th game? Ok, they’ll start to schedule an FCS school like everyone else does. Or do you want all schools to get in play a conference championship game? What would you do about Alabama last year? They didn’t even make their championship game. Or OSU a few years ago.....they don’t get into the playoffs because they couldn’t win their conference?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:11 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: No.  They lost in the semi-final, now they need to join a conference?  That's the dumbest argument ever for joining a conference. If anything, it proves they DON'T need to join any conference.  They went undefeated, their schedule included Michigan, Florida State, Va Tech, Syracuse, Stanford, USC, etc.....its not ND's fault those teams sucked this year.  College football teams schedule their opponents years in advance.  Kinda hard to predict the future. 
LSU?  Really?
Central Florida, without their QB?  Just proves we should go to an 8 team playof
 Then why are their hockey team and other teams in the Big 10? 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 02:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote:  Then why are their hockey team and other teams in the Big 10? 

Hockey is the only sport in which they compete in the Big 10.  All other sports, with the exception of football, compete in the ACC.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote